Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

what’s everyone’s take on the housing market.. Think its going to go down at all or this going to be the new norm?
I think dips are temporary. Stock market will always move faster than real estate. If you are looking for an investment, keep your eyes open for foreclosures. They are few and far between right now.

Advertisement
I think dips are temporary. Stock market will always move faster than real estate. If you are looking for an investment, keep your eyes open for foreclosures. They are few and far between right now.

I’m looking for personal to upgrade. Don’t want to pay the property taxes but don’t see housing drop more than 10%- 15%. 800k for a house on 5 acres that needs 100k… just been waiting a couple years and losing patience 😂

I’m looking for personal to upgrade. Don’t want to pay the property taxes but don’t see housing drop more than 10%- 15%. 800k for a house on 5 acres that needs 100k… just been waiting a couple years and losing patience 😂
For a personal home I think now is the right time. Your monthly payments may seem high, but if for some reason a housing collapse does happen, low refinance options will present themselves. Personally, I don’t see another 2008 on the horizon so don’t hold your breath.

Are you looking in a specific area? If your search is more widespread, do you rely on the internet, or more on contacts?

Advertisement
Are you looking in a specific area? If your search is more widespread, do you rely on the internet, or more on contacts?
Yeah I’m looking in Martin county mainly.. I live in Jupiter but mainly internet and a few realtor friends and business owners keep me in the loop with properties… I’m prepared to get screwed up to 850k 😂 but just need to upgrade as family is growing.

Not looking widespread.. boss wants me closer to boca/ Wellington so she’s saying loxahatchee but I’m not a fan of the area… trying to stay in Stuart/ Palm city area

Yeah I’m looking in Martin county mainly.. I live in Jupiter but mainly internet and a few realtor friends and business owners keep me in the loop with properties… I’m prepared to get screwed up to 850k 😂 but just need to upgrade as family is growing.

Not looking widespread.. boss wants me closer to boca/ Wellington so she’s saying loxahatchee but I’m not a fan of the area… trying to stay in Stuart/ Palm city area
Insurance used to be cheaper once you crossed the county line.

Five acres is tough. Even in the Farms, 2.5 is usually the largest and they're approaching $1m.

Insurance used to be cheaper once you crossed the county line.

Five acres is tough. Even in the Farms, 2.5 is usually the largest and they're approaching $1m.
palm beach estates and the farms you can’t touch much how I’d like for under 900k and you only get 1.25 I think… Palm city I can get 5 for the same price. Main reason I’m looking there. Always living on 1 acre or 1/4 acres I’m tired of seeing my neighbors BS 😂

palm beach estates and the farms you can’t touch much how I’d like for under 900k and you only get 1.25 I think… Palm city I can get 5 for the same price. Main reason I’m looking there. Always living on 1 acre or 1/4 acres I’m tired of seeing my neighbors BS 😂
Where is Palm City located?

Advertisement
Lots of very smart people with starkly different views.

Tom Lee is forecasting a great year, fueled by lots of cash on the sidelines and FOMO. Others, like Marko Kolanovic are concerned that markets are reflecting a Goldilocks soft landing, which rarely happens. Lastly, folks like Jeffrey Gundlach are expecting a severe recession and big market hit.

So who is right?

Just bumping this, one day/week does not a market make, but the mood does seem to have changed.

Not positive, since I don't live in South Florida any more, but I don't think you can go wrong living in that area.
Wife's ex lives up there... Nice and quiet, yet close to Jupiter and Port. St Lucie...

Fort Pierce I hear isn't so good. But St. Lucie is decent too.. Vero is growing.

Advertisement
Where is Palm City located?
Just north of Jupiter by 15-20miles
Wife's ex lives up there... Nice and quiet, yet close to Jupiter and Port. St Lucie...

Fort Pierce I hear isn't so good. But St. Lucie is decent too.. Vero is growing.
i like vero but too far away for work..

Lived in psl can’t talk me to move back.. fort piece has its good and bad areas… as you move north of palm city acreage is more affordable.

I see vero booming in 10-15 years,

Advertisement

Good.

Good.
Spirit is a sht hole...

Can you elaborate a bit?

This is all an art, not a science, so you have to take it all in with some skepticism, but it appears that until recently, good news was good for the market and bad news was good for the market.

Market rising rapidly betting on a soft or no landing, which rarely happens, no problem
Multiples at all time highs, no problem
The Fed raising 500 bps and doing $75BB a month in QT? No Problem.
Inflation maybe not conquered? no problem
An out of control budget deficit? No problem
The worlds second biggest economy in potentially severe downturn? No problem
War in Ukraine? No problem
War in Gaza? No problem
Houthis attacking Red Sea shipping lanes? No problem.
Hezbollah threatening to go to war? No problem
China threatening Taiwan? No problem
Dysfunctional political system? No problem
A looming crisis in the mortgage debt market? No problem

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back