Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Have my eye on adding to Verizon.

Tesla is not cheap, but not super expensive yet either.

Verizon could see headwinds in the coming years due to Musks other company. SpaceX just launched its first Starlink satellites that support Direct to Cell, https://direct.starlink.com/

Once their new space ship is launching satellites, they will have 20k satellites in LEO at a cost that is a fraction of Verizon’s last mile/towers not to mention support anywhere on earth. I doubt VZ will disappear but they will have headwinds as I said.

Advertisement
Opinions on 3d printing. Was this the biggest scam? Or are we still in the beginning innings?

It is used mostly for prototyping which has helped speed up the production timelines for many things. As for being the production solution, not likely to ever replace other methods for mass production.

This is unknown territory for me. I think the last time small caps were doing better than large caps was 2021 and it was short lived. I’ve only been in the market since 2018-2019. Theory is small caps should do better, but how much before they get slammed again. Got used to getting abused there. What’s a reasonable area to take profit % wise on small caps?
Stumbled across this today.

You buying more?
I would buy a lot more if it was traded on NASDAQ. It's an OTC traded stock and there are trading issues, specifically "Stop Loss" trades, which aren't available.

I'll be buying more Marathon (MARA), which is traded on NASDAQ. They're a crypto miner and in November they mined 1,100 Bitcoin. That's $43 million. I think they could easily surpass their all time high of $75, from a couple years ago.

Opinions on 3d printing. Was this the biggest scam? Or are we still in the beginning innings?
I think the 2nd inning. With more advancements you'll be able to make literally anything right at home. Think a knife, *****, tire, steering wheel, belt buckel, etc.

A friend of mine is involved in 3D printing and he's always bringing over stuff he's made. Pretty amazing.

Advertisement
Verizon could see headwinds in the coming years due to Musks other company. SpaceX just launched its first Starlink satellites that support Direct to Cell, https://direct.starlink.com/

Once their new space ship is launching satellites, they will have 20k satellites in LEO at a cost that is a fraction of Verizon’s last mile/towers not to mention support anywhere on earth. I doubt VZ will disappear but they will have headwinds as I said.
How will the bandwidth compare?

How will the bandwidth compare?
Starlink is 250mbps as of now. That is more than enough for cell use and most homes. I LOL at homeowners that get gigabit to their house as if they are streaming 100 4k movies at once. If you want to improve your home internet, install a good mesh network with Ethernet back haul.

Anyway, the real reason satellite hasn’t worked for communication is latency. Starlink is so low (300-400miles up) that it has similar latency as fiber (normal back haul for land based). Thus, no lag when talking or streaming live.

I doubt Starlink can fully replace cell towers in the next 10 years due to population density in cities. In cities there are tons of towers while overhead there are only a few satellites. Thus, Starlink blows away cellular for anyone not in a city and likely will have saturation issues in cities (think 50k fans in a stadium saturating a local cell tower).

Starlink is 250mbps as of now. That is more than enough for cell use and most homes. I LOL at homeowners that get gigabit to their house as if they are streaming 100 4k movies at once. If you want to improve your home internet, install a good mesh network with Ethernet back haul.

Anyway, the real reason satellite hasn’t worked for communication is latency. Starlink is so low (300-400miles up) that it has similar latency as fiber (normal back haul for land based). Thus, no lag when talking or streaming live.

I doubt Starlink can fully replace cell towers in the next 10 years due to population density in cities. In cities there are tons of towers while overhead there are only a few satellites. Thus, Starlink blows away cellular for anyone not in a city and likely will have saturation issues in cities (think 50k fans in a stadium saturating a local cell tower).
Musk mentioned he would take Space X public when it was close to profitable, which he said was soon. Any idea on how big Starlink can be?

I just got off a Holland America cruise, that just installed Starlink, and the internet was very fast and we were in the middle of nowhere. I can see this being a game changer for rural areas around the globe.

Musk mentioned he would take Space X public when it was close to profitable, which he said was soon. Any idea on how big Starlink can be?

I just got off a Holland America cruise, that just installed Starlink, and the internet was very fast and we were in the middle of nowhere. I can see this being a game changer for rural areas around the globe.

Big in what way? They already have thousands of satellites. They plan to have tens of thousands of satellites.

Viasat will suffer losses along with other satellite providers. No one can keep up with SpaceX on cost to space. The big question- does musk break Starlink and SpaceX up? Secondly, does musk funnel big profits into getting to Mars or does he use capital from going public?

Advertisement
Big in what way? They already have thousands of satellites. They plan to have tens of thousands of satellites.

Viasat will suffer losses along with other satellite providers. No one can keep up with SpaceX on cost to space. The big question- does musk break Starlink and SpaceX up? Secondly, does musk funnel big profits into getting to Mars or does he use capital from going

Viasat will suffer losses along with other satellite providers. No one can keep up with SpaceX on cost to space. The big question- does musk break Starlink and SpaceX up? Secondly, does musk funnel big profits into getting to Mars or does he use capital from going public?
Can they charge enough in all these rural areas around the globe to achieve attractive margins?

Can they charge enough in all these rural areas around the globe to achieve attractive margins?

In the USA, the government subsidies rural internet so there are big/good margins. Around $100/month/subscriber. I believe they are closing in on 1mil subscribers or around $1.2B of revenue. I believe they can easily get over 10m USA subscribers in the coming years, potentially 20-30 over the next 10.

Then you throw in airlines, ships, boats, RVs, international business… & I could see them getting to 50m subscribers by 2030 generating around 60b of revenue.

Santa Claus Kiss GIF by filmeditor

Is that you Santa Claus?

Advertisement
One the dudes I follow on truth social says this. Interesting take. Grain of salt. NFA

Attachments

• IMG_4588.png
    IMG_4588.png
    366.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4589.png
    IMG_4589.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 0
One the dudes I follow on truth social says this. Interesting take. Grain of salt. NFA
If the stock market runs like mentioned I’ll be glad I work for a day trader 😂.. just wish he gave stock tips once in awhile.. but that would be scary how expensive everything will run if everyday common folk are making a killing in the market. My .02

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back