Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I mean it's a winner because they've been getting away with that for decades. It's been virtually zero risk for them as they have basically been able to drive prices up or down at will.
The bigger issue is that this could be the end of long/short hedge funds, so a lot of very powerful people are not happy at all.
I am a pretty simple kind of guy, and would honestly prefer for shorting to not exist at all. If you believe in what a company is doing, buy into it. If not, find another investment. It leaves the world way, way too open to gamesmanship, especially with social media. The flip side is social media has now managed to corral a healthy amount of retail investors into one wave, which, it turns out, has quite a bit of collective buying power. Really fascinating stuff over the last weeks.

Imagine what could come out of discovery if (when) there is a class action lawsuit or SEC investigation against Robinhood and whomever else. Some of the Wall St folks may have been better off taking their very large losses on this and moving along.

Advertisement
When you have AOC and Ted Cruz agreeing on something (that it's BS that the brokerage platforms are restricting trading for individual investors but not institutional investors), that should get people's attention.

My bro in law turned 1k into 20k almost overnight with Gamestop. I'm a little annoyed that I missed out. Thought of buying the dip, but now I'm thinking the hedge funds are going to bully the brokerage firms into making sure the hedge funds end up the winners.
They’ll end up winning in the end. People who believe anything will happen to Robinhood aren’t serious. Yellen took $800k from Citadel for f**** sake. They have all the money and the federal gov’t on their side.

There are whispers that those hedge funds doubled down on their shorts when they took those stocks down. I saw a 250% float number for GameStop about an hour ago.

They’ll end up winning in the end. People who believe anything will happen to Robinhood aren’t serious. Yellen took $800k from Citadel for f**** sake. They have all the money and the federal gov’t on their side.

There are whispers that those hedge funds doubled down on their shorts when they took those stocks down. I saw a 250% float number for GameStop about an hour ago.
it always depends whose money is lost. Most of Bernie Madoff’s customers were extremely wealthy, well-connected. Justice department … has recovered 80% of that money! A 20% haircut when they should have been wiped out. Now how many times have Ponzi schemes ruined “less sophisticated” investors who didn’t get back a penny?

Advertisement
it always depends whose money is lost. Most of Bernie Madoff’s customers were extremely wealthy, well-connected. Justice department … has recovered 80% of that money! A 20% haircut when they should have been wiped out. Now how many times have Ponzi schemes ruined “less sophisticated” investors who didn’t get back a penny?

Totally understand your point, but Madoff may not be your best example. Part of what the Feds do is go after larger frauds where more investors got swindled more $. His was a huge fraud, and he was extremely well known with multiple large assets that were easily traceable.

The total budget for the SEC in its 100 year or whatever history is less than the amount that Madoff scammed. And you wonder why it's so dirty out there.

Advertisement
1611874736934.png

Advertisement
In this case it’s a bunch of normals so that money will never be seen again

Is this true? link?

They started with AG , definitely trending and picked up by a lot of outlets. Certainly big volume days. It will take a lot more to move SLV than GME so i wouldn't expect this overnight....and of course it's the internet they could lose interest or this could be a faint so trade at your own risk.

This would be a much larger david and goliath situation. Reddit vs JP Morgan.

I had large positions before this but i added about 25% more today. Tapped out of cash now. I expected silver to test a minimum of 36$ this year with a long shot of 48$. Obviously WSB has much loftier goals.

I would normally never fomo into this kind of thing but the case for silver is strong without WSB.

Advertisement

They started with AG , definitely trending and picked up by a lot of outlets. Certainly big volume days. It will take a lot more to move SLV than GME so i wouldn't expect this overnight....and of course it's the internet they could lose interest or this could be a faint so trade at your own risk.

This would be a much larger david and goliath situation. Reddit vs JP Morgan.

I had large positions before this but i added about 25% more today. Tapped out of cash now. I expected silver to test a minimum of 36$ this year with a long shot of 48$. Obviously WSB has much loftier goals.

I would normally never fomo into this kind of thing but the case for silver is strong without WSB.

I have a buy on AG set..... LEts GO!!!!!

I can't sift through that reddit like that... Keep your CANE brethren up to date if you can!!!!
Ya i'm not a reddit guy either.... my TD ameritrade news section tipped me off to what was going on so i had to dig more.

Apparently Chamath tweeted drop Robinhood join SOFI.... Spac IPOE---- I'm already in..... Get ready.. Looks like meat is back on the menu boys!!! up 20% after hours!!!... Robinhood could be dead after blocking the little guy

Advertisement
Back