Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Robinhood has confirmed it has restricted trade in a statement.

"We continuously monitor the markets and make changes where necessary. In light of recent volatility, we are restricting transactions for certain securities to position closing only, including $AMC, $BB, $BBBY, $EXPR, $GME, $KOSS, $NAKD and $NOK. We also raised margin requirements for certain securities," the statement read.

The inability to trade GME (GameStop) and AMC shares sparked outrage across social media, as users took to Twitter to vent their frustrations.

"THEY DONE TOOK $GME AND $AMC OFF ROBINHOOD," wrote one. "They were like "no, the poor shall will not know our ways."

Another said: "You can no longer buy GameStop stock on Robinhood. Ditto Nokia, AMC, and all the other stocks that had been shorted.

"The free market is only free until rich people lose money."

Advertisement
Zero volume on GME right now. This is a short attack that everyone predicted would come. I'm not panic selling.

Advertisement
Oh man...WSB moving on to silver and miners....i had at least 60k position yesterday...added today.

Make me rich you crazy internet kids.

The brokerage houses have blocked buying.. how is that allowed?

The system always protects itself. Everybody is always so concerned with arguing with each other for political purposes, which is exactly what they want. This has opened the eyes of millions. It’s always been the elites vs everyone else. Political parties were always a distraction.

Advertisement
Fellas, unless you know what you are doing, actively/constantly monitor your positions, have the financial means to accept big losses, AND are relatively lucky, you should not be doing speculating on highly shorted stocks.

Advertisement
The system always protects itself. Everybody is always so concerned with arguing with each other for political purposes, which is exactly what they want. This has opened the eyes of millions. It’s always been the elites vs everyone else. Political parties were always a distraction.

When you have AOC and Ted Cruz agreeing on something (that it's BS that the brokerage platforms are restricting trading for individual investors but not institutional investors), that should get people's attention.

My bro in law turned 1k into 20k almost overnight with Gamestop. I'm a little annoyed that I missed out. Thought of buying the dip, but now I'm thinking the hedge funds are going to bully the brokerage firms into making sure the hedge funds end up the winners.

When you have AOC and Ted Cruz agreeing on something (that it's BS that the brokerage platforms are restricting trading for individual investors but not institutional investors), that should get people's attention.
I was chatting with a friend about this. ****, even Donald Jr. agrees with the redditors. Bottom line is these hedge funds heavily shorted a stock that was $4 a share. So their hedge upside was $4 and their downside was, literally, infinite. I am not the smartest guy in the room, but that risk analysis isn't exactly a winner.

I was chatting with a friend about this. ****, even Donald Jr. agrees with the redditors. Bottom line is these hedge funds heavily shorted a stock that was $4 a share. So their hedge upside was $4 and their downside was, literally, infinite. I am not the smartest guy in the room, but that risk analysis isn't exactly a winner.

I mean it's a winner because they've been getting away with that for decades. It's been virtually zero risk for them as they have basically been able to drive prices up or down at will.

The bigger issue is that this could be the end of long/short hedge funds, so a lot of very powerful people are not happy at all.

Advertisement
Back