Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Love pacb
The Ark Big Ideas 2021 report released today, too big to attach. Worth a read.

My take....back up the truck to Nvidia. Cost average into EV the next 3-5 years non stop. Not exactly revolutionary ideas i know lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Un-fing believable. The heroin-level crash is going to be even better though. I own Feb $55 puts. Call me out if I lose money.
I wonder how many of these people in 10 years are going to look back on the unrealized gains they lost vs the immense amount of wealth they accumulated in the subject of a Netflix documentary. The guy who started it had 25m in gains yesterday, didn’t sell, it dropped to 11. Tonight god only knows what it’s worth. I hope some of these folks are not actually holding until 1000.

I wonder how many of these people in 10 years are going to look back on the unrealized gains they lost vs the immense amount of wealth they accumulated in the subject of a Netflix documentary. The guy who started it had 25m in gains yesterday, didn’t sell, it dropped to 11. Tonight god only knows what it’s worth. I hope some of these folks are not actually holding until 1000.

What they say and what they do are two different things.

Advertisement
I’m still in BB. Thinking about taking a position in AMC tomorrow after open and profit taking occurs. It ran a ton after hours but can rocket if more people pile into it. One thing to watch with WSB meme stocks is they normally gap up and then drop just after open which is normally the time to buy. I wouldn’t buy at market open, wait for the dip. I may nibble at GME tomorrow if it dips again open. I think it’s going to $400+ share before it’s all over; conservative, because many think it’s hitting $1k. Whales have arrived (a la France) to back this American Revolution.

Advertisement
I’m still in BB. Thinking about taking a position in AMC tomorrow after open and profit taking occurs. It ran a ton after hours but can rocket if more people pile into it. One thing to watch with WSB meme stocks is they normally gap up and then drop just after open which is normally the time to buy. I wouldn’t buy at market open, wait for the dip. I may nibble at GME tomorrow if it dips again open. I think it’s going to $400+ share before it’s all over; conservative, because many think it’s hitting $1k. Whales have arrived (a la France) to back this American Revolution.
On what planet is GME worth $400-$1,000/share?

What are some missing??

I get the market is irrational at times, but what is the thesis for GMEs valuation?

On what planet is GME worth $400-$1,000/share?

What are some missing??

I get the market is irrational at times, but what is the thesis for GMEs valuation?
its not worth $4400-$1,000. Reddit users were buying GME to knock off a greedy hedge fund with a large short position.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/hed...d-out-of-gamestop-short-position-tuesday.html

I suspect it will start falling shortly and the smart people will short it and make a nice profit. I have never bought a short so I am researching now as I think this is a great opportunity to short GME.

its not worth $4400-$1,000. Reddit users were buying GME to knock off a greedy hedge fund with a large short position.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/hed...d-out-of-gamestop-short-position-tuesday.html

I suspect it will start falling shortly and the smart people will short it and make a nice profit. I have never bought a short so I am researching now as I think this is a great opportunity to short GME.
You can buy a long dated put but you may not have the ability to sell a naked short.

Advertisement
Advertisement
👆👆👆 Is this rational???

Full Discosure: ZERO positions in GME or AMC. I'm a Index buy and forget type of investor (Big Daddy Bogle!).

Just seems these boost games being played on GME and AMC are gling to end very badly when financial gravity takes over??

I did (and still) however make an obscene amount on BAC at $18 during the height of COVID-koo koo panic.

👆👆👆 Is this rational???

Full Discosure: ZERO positions in GME or AMC. I'm a Index buy and forget type of investor (Big Daddy Bogle!).

Just seems these boost games being played on GME and AMC are gling to end very badly when financial gravity takes over??

I did (and still) however make an obscene amount on BAC at $18 during the height of COVID-koo koo panic.
No. It is not rational. But these people saw an opportunity and seized it. But at this point, you need to have a stomach of steel to get in on this action. It's pretty much Russian roulette with your money.

I am also usually a Bogle-head with a few specific stocks mixed in. I have a small amount in cash from the quick flip on BBBY. I was on a call during this morning's dip. Trying to figure out whether to keep it on the sidelines or pick something up. This entire market is a little irrational right now.

Advertisement
Back