Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Without QE the treasuries tail will get even worse for the U.S. government. This QE isn’t about real estate, it is about the need to fund the government and keeping banks from failing due to the government sucking all liquidity out of the system.

One option: the FED can loosen regulations to allow banks to buy even more treasuries. Just remember that is how Silicon Valley and others got into trouble by holding treasuries that were underwater with longer durations.

commercial foreclosures could happen especially in the office space sector. That will only cause more issues for banks as they are now holding more illiquid assets.
They are going lower interest rates. I do not know if that alone constitutes QE

Advertisement
It doesn't. Quantitative easing is increasing in the money supply. It effectively monetizes the public debt and allows reckless spending to continue. It's like the old joke about the blonde that orders a pizza and is asked if she wants it cut into 6 or 8 slices and she says 6 because she can't eat 8. People who support QE and MMT probably don't get that joke.

Take away Trump. Would you invest in this company??

"According to an SEC filing from Digital World, Trump Media lost $49 million in the first nine months of last year and brought in $3.4 million in revenue."

"According to an SEC filing from Digital World, Trump Media lost $49 million in the first nine months of last year and brought in $3.4 million in revenue."
As long as they don't do any business in NY, could be quite succesful.

As long as they don't do any business in NY, could be quite succesful.
1711474801305.gif

Speculative stock….but just became my #1 holding.

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
He won’t. This will be biased towards him. News should be dull and boring. No emotion. No bias. Time to let PBS back and die the news.

He won’t. This will be biased towards him. News should be dull and boring. No emotion. No bias.
Whether or not there is a bias to him I don’t mind at this point. Fox is uniparty warmongering conservatives. It would be nice to have a true conservative network/news umbrella.

He won’t. This will be biased towards him. News should be dull and boring. No emotion. No bias.
Whether or not there is a bias to him I don’t mind at this point. Fox is uniparty warmongering conservatives. It would be nice to have a true conservative network/news umbrella.
I don’t watch. Is FOX against trump? I know the others are.

Advertisement
Advertisement

3.4m in revenue! My employer brings in 10x that and isn’t sniffing a public offering. lol

If QE or stealth QE (banks buying treasuries) happens, I could see the FED holding rates higher into the fall or 2025. The QE will ease the pain and stimulate the economy but hurt the real estate market IMO.

Advertisement
Back