Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Russia, Iran and Venezuela are selling oil on the cheap. I don’t think the Saudis can stop that.
They are also on a lot of country’s “do not buy” list. OPEC refused to cut production 3 years ago because they didn’t want to lose to other producers.

Advertisement
Tesla is the clear leader in battery technology and the cost scales to which Tesla can turn out cars from their Giga factories. Also, overlooked is their megapacks, which every utility in the country wants to get; and robo taxis which if anyone can pull it off it's Elon.
Tesla actually isn’t much better with batteries. They are better at battery management. The end of the LiIon battery is coming. We can’t scale it enough due to the amount of mining needed for the minerals. They have adjusted the minerals used to produce more energy dense batteries at the risk of fires then use cooling tech to manage these risks.

There is zero doubt that Tesla is ready to grow and scale their deliveries. There is zero doubt they are the leaders in robotics and AI related to vehicles.

The doubts I have are more to do with scaling the mining needed to sustain liion and how quickly fsd cars truly happen.

Elon has been working on FSD for ten years and every year he says this will be the year. I believe the issue isn’t as much AI as it is the data collection sources, volume of data, and quality of data input. Tesla doesn’t control the roads, weather, and any number of other variables that make AI difficult to teach. Will they get there? Likely. When will they get there? I’m thinking 2030-2035.

Business Insider​

The US is building factories at a wildly fast rate​

nsheidlower@insider.com (Noah Sheidlower)
20 hours ago

• New data from the Census Bureau reveals construction spending by US manufacturers more than doubled from last year.
  • The US government has offered billions of dollars in subsidies in the electric vehicles, semiconductor, and solar panels industries.
  • The US added around 800,000 jobs in manufacturing over the last two years to compete with countries such as China.
Last year, production at American factories increased — and so did the production of factories themselves.

Yep. I’m long on each of those. 1)tesla 2) Msft 3)Apple 4)NVDA 7) google 17) amazon

For curiosity -5) BA 6) NTDOF 8) DIS 9) ABBV
10)ATVI 11) ISRG 12) WMT 13) ABNB 14) NFLX
15)SBUX 16) TGT 17) DE
I’m tech heavy, but have positions in other large cap value stocks as well outside my top holdings.

I’ve been slowly accumulating amazon.
Only 3 misses on here. All outside top 5 and mainly due to wokeness (TGT and Disney) and I don’t know what’s wrong with Abnb.

A little early for a victory lap. But it’s nice to be up for a change.

Advertisement
Tomorrow is CPI. I believe we are going to see a drop in inflation, for May. The economy Is slowing down and food/energy is stable, if not dropping also.
Now, if the Biden Administration would do some serious diplomacy with Russia and Ukraine, we'll be off to the races.

07:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(May) TRADE NOW0.1% -1.250.2%0.4%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(May) TRADE NOW4% -0.754.1%4.9%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(May)307.82--306.49
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(May)0.4% 00.4%0.4%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(May)5.3% 05.3%5.5%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(May) TRADE NOW304.1270.20304.063303.363

Down from previous month..pause coming, at least for now.
Tomorrow is PPI.

Last edited:
07:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(May) TRADE NOW0.1% -1.250.2%0.4%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(May) TRADE NOW4% -0.754.1%4.9%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(May)307.82--306.49
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(May)0.4% 00.4%0.4%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(May)5.3% 05.3%5.5%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(May) TRADE NOW304.1270.20304.063303.363

Down from previous month..pause coming, at least for now.
Tomorrow is PPI.
It’s gonna be down through the year. Remember how bad last summer was?

Advertisement
Now, if the Biden Administration would do some serious diplomacy with Russia and Ukraine, we'll be off to the races.
Maybe we should approach Xi and have some proxy diplomacy on each side. I’m pretty sure Putin won’t talk to us.

07:30USDProducer Price Index (MoM)(May) TRADE NOW-0.3% -0.68-0.1%0.2%
07:30USDProducer Price Index (YoY)(May) TRADE NOW1.1% -0.831.5%2.3%
07:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(May)0.2% 00.2%0.2%
07:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(May) TRADE NOW2.8% -0.232.9%3.2%
09:30USDEIA Crude Oil Stocks Change(Jun 9)---0.51M-0.451M

ric flair man GIF

inflation moderating…

Core CPI is still 5.3 and Powell said he was wanting it at 2. It hasn’t been dropping like CPI.
You’re right, but core CPI was 7.2 in March. It’s the service sector that remains stubbornly high.More jobs equal more spending.

Advertisement
You’re right, but core CPI was 7.2 in March. It’s the service sector that remains stubbornly high.More jobs equal more spending.
1686765034425.jpeg

Not sure core CPI was 7.2 in March. It has been between 5 and 6.5 since 2021. CPI has been dropping a bunch.

Advertisement
It’s absolute bull crap that there will be 2 more hikes. They said that to cover their ****s, just in case. By keeping the rates higher longer will do the trick. Why raise, and then have to cut.
Also year to year CPI will drop even more when the higher numbers, from last year, are dropped from the equation.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

It’s absolute bull crap that there will be 2 more hikes. They said that to cover their ****s, just in case. By keeping the rates higher longer will do the trick. Why raise, and then have to cut.
Also year to year CPI will drop even more when the higher numbers, from last year, are dropped from the equation.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
From the article:

Two members indicated they don’t see hikes this year while four saw one increase and nine, or half the committee, expect two. Two more members added a third hike while one saw four more, again assuming quarter-point moves.

From the article:

Two members indicated they don’t see hikes this year while four saw one increase and nine, or half the committee, expect two. Two more members added a third hike while one saw four more, again assuming quarter-point moves.
I say it’s said to curb speculation. When the true numbers are revealed, I’m betting no hike. Then again, I’m starting to second guess like that guy in Princess Bride.

princess bride GIF

I say it’s said to curb speculation. When the true numbers are revealed, I’m betting no hike. Then again, I’m starting to second guess like that guy in Princess Bride.

princess bride GIF
I suspect you're right, but that itself is quite the statement.

Advertisement
Back