Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

IF the Fed pivots before inflation is under control, everyone knows what will happen next. I for one will be buying real estate soon and rates at 6-7% aren't stopping me. Now imagine when they drop below 5%... a large number of people will re-enter the market in hopes of finding a home. This will drive a new round of real estate inflation. Thus, I'm with TheEye. The FED has to keep rates up for an extended period of time to burn off the demand. At worst, it allows wages to catch up to this round of inflation.
That is my prediction. Also why I think 8% mortgages are not far fetched. They will be key in plateauing demand while still being inline with historical averages.

Advertisement
The mkt is
Looks like market is setting up for a rally tomorrow. META up 20%+ this evening.
Amazon, Apple and Alphabet post earnings today, but they won’t be like Meta’s..Stock buybacks will help.
Powell was dovish and used the term disinflation a number of times.

Last edited:
That is my prediction. Also why I think 8% mortgages are not far fetched. They will be key in plateauing demand while still being inline with historical averages.
With the Fed slowing down, the spread is likely to drop. I can’t imagine rates above 7.5%.

Advertisement
The mkt is

Amazon, Apple and Alphabet post earnings today, but they won’t be like Meta’s..Stock buybacks will help.
Powell was dovish and used the term disinflation a number of times.
Guidance is key. Hope they don’t give the bears too much to hang on too.

I listened to this guy on CNBC and they asked him why big tech is rising despite coming off a bad year. He explained that Alphabet, Meta, Netflix, etc are currently trading around 15 times their earnings. The long term average is 19 times earnings and they were trading at almost 30 times before covid.

With the Fed slowing down, the spread is likely to drop. I can’t imagine rates above 7.5%.
Well, fortunately we are only debating a difference of half a percent. I just foresee prices of homes rising again and contributing to the numbers the Fed is wary against.

Advertisement
How cool is this? I can’t think of a more appropriate place to post this!

1675383512737.png

He learned!

1675384567099.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
08:30USDLabor Force Participation Rate(Jan) 62.4% -62.2% 62.3%
08:30USDNonfarm Payrolls(Jan) 517K-185K260K
unemployment rate 3.4%…lowest since 1969
Look at those job number…unbelievable..
Worker’s wages doesn’t necessarily lead to higher inflation as we have seen.

Last edited:
Cathie Woods on AI
ARK's report projects some big numbers: “AI should increase the productivity of knowledge workers more than 4-fold by 2030. At 100% adoption, AI could increase global labor productivity ~$200 trillion, dwarfing the ~$32 trillion in total knowledge worker salaries.”

08:30USDLabor Force Participation Rate(Jan) 62.4% -62.2% 62.3%
08:30USDNonfarm Payrolls(Jan) 517K-185K260K
unemployment rate 3.4%…lowest since 1969
Look at those job number…unbelievable..
Worker’s wages doesn’t necessarily lead to higher inflation as we have seen.
The job number is complete BS!

Advertisement
Back