Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Just being extra careful about public info, and a belief that most of you wouldnt care about value investing, hard assets, etc.

That's pretty presumptuous. We've spoken on here about bonds, structured products, gold/BTC, even mentioned RE. If you have something to offer, please, share. You're clearly one of the more knowledgable people in here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone willing to take a shot if Galaxy will report good or not so good 2022 Q1 earnings on Monday?

Anyone willing to take a shot if Galaxy will report good or not so good 2022 Q1 earnings on Monday?

I have the report right here. Along with the Florida orange crop report.

image.png

In all seriousness, coin flip. But two notes, Novogratz has been publicly pretty bearish. I am slightly hopeful he capitalized on that.

Also this is not the normal earnings schedule. So maybe some surprise movement on bitgo / SEC/ uplist? We can pray at least.

But I barely care what they made this Q. You know what my gameplay is here. I hope the stock tanks for an hour and I can buy more under $10. I'll take some off at $50.

That's pretty presumptuous. We've spoken on here about bonds, structured products, gold/BTC, even mentioned RE. If you have something to offer, please, share. You're clearly one of the more knowledgable people in here.
Fair enough, here is what I wrote him, with the added note that since this is a public setting, there are many disclaimers, talk to your advisor, risk tolerance, investment experience, past performance, yada yada.

First and foremost, no one truly has a clue, so we are all guessing based on experience, intuition, risk tolerance, etc. Personally, I am looking at the S&P below 3900 or lower or September/October, whichever arrives first to start adding any significant level of risk.

That entire thread is mostly focused on crypto, meme, growth, etc. That is essentially dead for now. When you have rising interest rates, the cost of money for potential growth becomes too risky. That is the whole growth vs. value discussion.

So for now, *if* you are going to buy, focus on companies with strong balance sheets, that pay a high dividend, etc. etc., focus on a few non correlated investments, and also focus on companies with hard assets, oil, commodities, real estate, gold, etc.

While the hard asset companies are very volatile, and may go down short term with the market (look at yesterday), there is a fundamental supply shortage that will persist for many years. Thats true of oil, residential real estate, lithium, nickel, et al.

View attachment 185160

In all seriousness, coin flip. But two notes, Novogratz has been publicly pretty bearish. I am slightly hopeful he capitalized on that.

Also this is not the normal earnings schedule. So maybe some surprise movement on bitgo / SEC/ uplist? We can pray at least.

But I barely care what they made this Q. You know what my gameplay is here. I hope the stock tanks for an hour and I can buy more under $10. I'll take some off at $50.
Great movie. In my opinion, any movie with Jamie Lee Curtis is a great movie.

All kidding aside, I was thinking/hoping he has a little something to announce.

Advertisement

View attachment 185160

I've probably posted about it 80 times in this thread.

I would love to get in. I wish I didn't have all of my investing money tied up rn because that is quite a low market cap.

I would love to get in. I wish I didn't have all of my investing money tied up rn because that is quite a low market cap.

But I am not talking about buying the actual ANC token (though I do own). I am talking about actually utilizing the Anchor Protocol. I have a ton of "cash" which is actually the UST stable-coin (pegged to the USD) sitting in Anchor earning 18%. I also borrow more UST (using my LUNA as collateral) and pay a variable -1% to 5% (let's call it 2.5% on average) and take that UST (OPM!) for 18% as well. DeFi is life.

Advertisement
@Cryptical Envelopment @GladeCane This goes with my point above, inflation is going to stay hot, which will continue to hurt growth stocks. Its not only less supply in oil, but also in agricultural commodities, industrial commodities, residential real estate, yada yada yada. We may be going to or are already back in the '70's, and that was not a fun period.

Edit: A recession will reduce demand temporarily, but medium to longer term, we are facing declining supplies with a growing population.

Last edited:
But I am not talking about buying the actual ANC token (though I do own). I am talking about actually utilizing the Anchor Protocol. I have a ton of "cash" which is actually the UST stable-coin (pegged to the USD) sitting in Anchor earning 18%. I also borrow more UST (using my LUNA as collateral) and pay a variable -1% to 5% (let's call it 2.5% on average) and take that UST (OPM!) for 18% as well. DeFi is life.
That's a great percentage for stablecoins. Are the rewards paid in Luna or ust?

Advertisement
That's a great percentage for stablecoins. Are the rewards paid in Luna or ust?

UST. Compounds continuously. And of course its completely liquid. If there is a LUNA dip and I want to buy it, I can in 30 seconds. Or if my borrow usage gets too high on a dip, I can move some UST from Earn to repay Borrow to adjust my LTV. Conversely when LUNA goes up, I can borrow more (currently at 3%) and move it into Earn for 18%.

algorithms...****, at some point interest rate hikes should be priced in.
CPI on Wednesday.

Advertisement
Back