Stevenson and Bogle

[QUOTE="Dwinstitles, post: 3838821, member: 1165"]Maybe the kid just wants to help make it easier cause he saw his mom bust her *** all her life[/QUOTE]

Boo ... fu*king ... hoo!!

Poor mommy has it rough in america, so we ignore rules, lie, cheat, steal, break federal laws, .... that's the moral of the story here?

Unreal.

Advertisement
***** that's not real life, sometimes kids gotta help out

great.

then he can get a job.

my roommate at Yale my freshman year, and one of my teammates and good friends, was from a nasty project in the worst hood in DC. worked at a crap local convenience store to help his mom, pretty much from the day he could walk.

today? he's a yale grad, (college and law school), and is a $6MM a year partner at major law firm in Los Angeles. never thought twice about taking something that he wasn't supposed to.

always picked the right way, as he had been taught by his mom, even when it was easier to go the wrong way.

he'd beat the living sh*t out of any "woe is me" poor ghetto kid who played that card.

great.

then he can get a job.

my roommate at Yale my freshman year, and one of my teammates and good friends, was from a nasty project in the worst hood in DC. worked at a crap local convenience store to help his mom, pretty much from the day he could walk.

today? he's a yale grad, (college and law school), and is a $6MM a year partner at major law firm in Los Angeles. never thought twice about taking something that he wasn't supposed to.

always picked the right way, as he had been taught by his mom, even when it was easier to go the wrong way.

he'd beat the living sh*t out of any "woe is me" poor ghetto kid who played that card.
Yeah and that's a small percentage story vs what actually happens.

Can't knock the hustle on the kids - Just ****** stings that it's at our expense.

Advertisement
great.

then he can get a job.

Why should he do that if he can get paid by a school?

Somebody offering me a bag because im really good at football, I should turn that down?

Again Bama isn't our problem, Miami is our problem

Can tell you’re morally self-righteous so how about this... You have the opportunity to change your family’s life by earning X amount of money because of your play on a football field. Is it or is it not morally incorrect to let your family suffer, not take that money, and work a convenience store job earning 6/hr?

Advertisement
great.

then he can get a job.

This is correct.

Having said that, your friend sounds like he's got a big brain. Is his name Brad?

University of Miami has to pay these kids also. The NCAA should allow it to happen. These student athletes help these schools generate revenue and they can’t see ANY of the money? Makes no sense.

[QUOTE="Dwinstitles, post: 3838821, member: 1165"]Maybe the kid just wants to help make it easier cause he saw his mom bust her *** all her life

Poor mommy has it rough in america, so we ignore rules, lie, cheat, steal, break federal laws, .... that's the moral of the story here?

Unreal.[/QUOTE]
what is a illegal about it? If she reports it to the IRS

Advertisement
Anyone saying they'd turn down 100k+ because of some ambiguous moral argument is an idiot. I'm not in poverty and I would take that money in a second, if I was in poverty I'd do everything possible to get that money. It's potentially life changing money if you are actually in poverty.

I’m sure you’d declare the money on your tax return, too. Or is there a moral justification against that as well?

Unreal.
what is a illegal about it? If she reports it to the IRS[/QUOTE]

That i would love to see!

From Alabama 247 interview with Bogle's mom this morning:

“Well this is my first time going through all of this,” Bogle’s mother, Octavia Bates, “No one ever warned me about this. But, to me, all of this is a cutthroat environment, because coaches leave and go to other schools. I told him, you just have to forget about the coaches right now.”

Coaching changes have been a hot topic the last couple of weeks as the Alabama staff has seen significant turnover. Bogle’s secondary recruiter Tosh Lupoi took the Cleveland Browns defensive line coaching job. The Tide sent the 4-star edge rusher’s primary recruiter Joe Pannunzio along with new assistant Sal Sunseri — Bogle’s primary recruiter from his time with the Gators — to South Florida to visit on Monday.

“I know they just hired some new coaches,” Bates said. “I know they’re trying to fill the gap.”

Bates was not in attendance for the in-home visit on Monday as she was still traveling home from the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii. Of note regarding the new staff hires at Alabama, Bates says Charles Kelly has been recruiting the All-American since his time at Florida State. Kelly was his primary recruiter at Tennessee as well, so there’s longstanding relationship there.

This weekend, the plan is to take an official visit to Florida, which will be the last official visit on Bogle’s slate. Next weekend, the final weekend before National Signing Day, the family is considering an unofficial visit to Miami.

“I want him to go to the school that’s going to develop him the most,” Bates said of her preference. “I know any of the four schools are good schools. He has relationships with most of the coaches. But when it comes down to the football part and the development part, I just feel like Coach (Nick) Saban would be the go-to guy … just looking at his record. Tennessee and Miami, they’re fairly new head coaches; I don’t know much about UF’s head coach, so I can’t speak on that. That’s just how I feel — that Saban would be the one that would develop him for the next level. He wants to play on Sundays. That’s been the goal this whole time.”

With Feb. 6 just over two weeks away, looking at it right now, does Bates anticipate her son signing with the Tide?

“I really don’t know,” she said. “I told him I want him to go for the school. Even this morning, we had a short conversation, I told him I want you to eliminate all the coaches and go for the school. So we’ll see.”

Advertisement
From Alabama 247 interview with Bogle's mom this morning:

“Well this is my first time going through all of this,” Bogle’s mother, Octavia Bates, “No one ever warned me about this. But, to me, all of this is a cutthroat environment, because coaches leave and go to other schools. I told him, you just have to forget about the coaches right now.”

Coaching changes have been a hot topic the last couple of weeks as the Alabama staff has seen significant turnover. Bogle’s secondary recruiter Tosh Lupoi took the Cleveland Browns defensive line coaching job. The Tide sent the 4-star edge rusher’s primary recruiter Joe Pannunzio along with new assistant Sal Sunseri — Bogle’s primary recruiter from his time with the Gators — to South Florida to visit on Monday.

“I know they just hired some new coaches,” Bates said. “I know they’re trying to fill the gap.”

Bates was not in attendance for the in-home visit on Monday as she was still traveling home from the Polynesian Bowl in Hawaii. Of note regarding the new staff hires at Alabama, Bates says Charles Kelly has been recruiting the All-American since his time at Florida State. Kelly was his primary recruiter at Tennessee as well, so there’s longstanding relationship there.

This weekend, the plan is to take an official visit to Florida, which will be the last official visit on Bogle’s slate. Next weekend, the final weekend before National Signing Day, the family is considering an unofficial visit to Miami.

“I want him to go to the school that’s going to develop him the most,” Bates said of her preference. “I know any of the four schools are good schools. He has relationships with most of the coaches. But when it comes down to the football part and the development part, I just feel like Coach (Nick) Saban would be the go-to guy … just looking at his record. Tennessee and Miami, they’re fairly new head coaches; I don’t know much about UF’s head coach, so I can’t speak on that. That’s just how I feel — that Saban would be the one that would develop him for the next level. He wants to play on Sundays. That’s been the goal this whole time.”

With Feb. 6 just over two weeks away, looking at it right now, does Bates anticipate her son signing with the Tide?

“I really don’t know,” she said. “I told him I want him to go for the school. Even this morning, we had a short conversation, I told him I want you to eliminate all the coaches and go for the school. So we’ll see.”

“Eliminate the coaches”and “feels like Saban will develop him better” 🤔

Just move your *** to Tuscaloosa and stop wasting people’s time.

Advertisement
Back