Steve Addazio fired

Advertisement
BC is the kind of program happy with 8 win seasons, with an occasional 10 win season and ACC Coastal title.

The kind of program the Miami administration aspires to have. :rolleyes:

Yet even a team that knows they have zero chance of being relavant on a national scale is willing to fire their coach for performance similar to ours. I live in MA and think this dude actually did a good job. O'brien (and Jagodzinzki in his brief time) might have reached higher heights, but the ceiling is seriously limited up here. If even this team is unhappy being a competitive, inconsistent team, then what the **** are we?

These are the kinds of decisions I will never understand. Who are they going to get to get effing Boston College to be anything more than a middle of the road ACC team that lucks into a big season every once in a while?
Let me help you out. BC is delusional. Absolutely delusional. The wine and cheese crowd thinks this team should be in the Orange Bowl every two years. The school has zero support in the city of Boston because the alumni act like they are from planet perfect and the PTB only care about the check. Sound familiar. They ran two excellent hoop coaches out of town because they had success but did not get to the final four. Hello. The Golden Goose is in his 70’s so at some point they will have to hire another hockey coach. It is virtually impossible to ***** that hire up but who knows.

It is an entirely different joint than 25 years ago. The ACC should boot them as well. Talk about taking a check. Holy ****.

There are plenty of kids who would go to BC in a heartbeat from Jersey, Ohio and other midwestern schools. Work with what you have, be happy with the music city bowl every few years. Don’t let ND schedule a HOME GAME at Fenway against you and subsequently bury you. Great job by the AD with that one. Addazio uttered the words, we need to keep the Mass kids home. What, all five of them? And if they are good, Michigan, Penn State or Taint gets them because BC is well, BC.

Tom Coughlin came in and grabbed kids from Florida, Texas and Jersey. I thought Greg Grice was going to sell me to a cult a few times until he found out I was a Canes fan. Daryl Porter came out of Broward, great kid for BC, also a fantastic dude. They were tough and they had something cooking. TC was getting kids, he leaves, Dan Henning. Good dude, but really? That’s who you hire after TC. TC was an animal, I would be in an elevator with him and wondered if I would survive the ride to TT. Future NFL guys feared that cat but they respected him. The they hired Henning. Think Botchilism to Uncle Larry.

I could go on forever but just think Miami without the glorious past. Another school taking a check, pretending they care about athletics when they simply don’t.

Uncle Luke Fickballs could do well at BC. Has a connection to the AD at BC via taint.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back