Stephen Morris back surgery?

SRS

Redshirt Freshman
allCanesBlog.com ‏ @allCanesBlog Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
had heard rumors about Stephen Morris having back surgery. According to InsideTheU, the rumors have become true. It never stops ! #fb

Is it true?

Advertisement
Terrible news if true. Nice we have 3 QB's for the spring, but I was really hoping Morris would take command of the team.

At least Dewey and Crow got in early and Williams has been here a year

Fug it just start a freshman

Advertisement
Advertisement
Will he be healthy by fall?
He's been here three years, and one full year under Fisch, he can sparingly work in the spring, but get plenty of mental time and be set.
Let's remember its not the physical part that's a concern
It was decision making

Advertisement
The University of Miami football team will start spring practice Saturday without the full services of quarterback Stephen Morris.
Morris, a rising junior, underwent back surgery in the offseason and will work his way back slowly, minus the contact.
“He sounded like the old Stephen Morris to me,” said Miami Monsignor Pace football coach Alvin Slaughter, who spoke to his former player by phone Tuesday. “He said he can’t wait to start throwing the ball again. He was in great spirits.
“I understand how huge spring practice is. But Stephen said he’d be able to throw the ball. He understands that you’ve got to be a competitor, no matter what level you’re at. I told him, ‘Make sure you do all the little things right to show your teammates that you’re the ultimate team player.’ He said, ‘No doubt, Coach.’ ”
Slaughter said he didn’t talk to Morris about the specifics of the surgery, only that it was back-related and that Morris said he “was fine.”
Hurricanes spokesman Chris Freet, UM’s associate athletic director for communications, confirmed that Morris was “limited’’ and said coach Al Golden would address the situation Thursday during a news conference.
UM will have three other scholarship quarterbacks competing this spring, including Memphis transfer Ryan Williams, who sat out last season and will be a redshirt junior. The other two are incoming freshmen Preston Dewey and Gray Crow.
Morris’ father, Colin, respectfully declined to confirm the news.
“I don’t comment on Stephen’s medical condition,” Colin Morris said. “He’s doing well, feeling fine and getting ready for spring practice. I’m sorry I have to be so vague and lacking details, but I’ll leave it up to Coach Golden to talk about the players. Steven’s doing really well and getting ready. He’s excited about a great season.”

Morris, the backup to Jacory Harris the past two seasons, finished his freshman year with 1,240 passing yards, seven touchdowns and nine interceptions in six games – four of them starts. Last season he completed 26 of 37 passes for 283 yards and no touchdowns, with two interceptions in five games. He also ran for a touchdown.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/...en.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back