Stephen Field- what has he done?

bling121

Recruit
No dig at him, serious question. He’s on the staff to be THEE top dog recruiter. Who did he land for us? Mammarelli was like Chaney to me, coming to UM regardless. Are we saying bc he had us in top 4’s convo with Darnell and Flowe, his job is done? Like just get UM’s logo in the top 4 edit? Alot of Rumph bashing but I don’t see our #1 recruiter blazing the commit list

Advertisement
No dig at him, serious question. He’s on the staff to be THEE top dog recruiter. Who did he land for us? Mammarelli was like Chaney to me, coming to UM regardless. Are we saying bc he had us in top 4’s convo with Darnell and Flowe, his job is done? Like just get UM’s logo in the top 4 edit? Alot of Rumph bashing but I don’t see our #1 recruiter blazing the commit list

He’s the only one with any legit pull or relationship that’s real in Dade County.

I think he’s really helped Mallory with being able to catch almost half the balls thrown to him
616A7D47-A02E-4189-BDEA-E7805D2B2216.jpeg

Advertisement
Next year is a make or break year for him, for me.

I thought pretty highly of Todd Hartley. His recruiting record and record of coaching up pro TEs is rock f'n solid. If you disagree, you need to check the man's resume.

...and he might land two big time TEs for Georgia this year...Darnell Washington and already got a signature from Brett Seither. Hartley also low key got a commitment from Mammerelli too before we give Field credit for that.

If you're coming in and replacing a dude that recruited Brevin Jordan from Las Vegas, and coached David Njoku and Chris Herndon to the pros as well as the final year of Clive Walford's career (also a pro) you need to be an absolute ACE and he has not been that yet. He's not even as valuable as Hartley right now.

I'm willing to give him a little leeway for this season, but its time Field earns his keep.

Last edited:
He’s the only one with any legit pull or relationship that’s real in Dade County.

I know it’s early, but who has he really pulled though for Miami? Maybe they need him attached to Rumph if he’s got that kind of pull in Dade. People crucified Rumph for not pulling the likes of Surtain, Tyson C, Jobe..We made their “top 4’s” what’s the difference between that and what Field has done for us? Rumph could argue, if we didn’t lose 3 straight to end the 2017 season I could’ve landed 1-2 of those guys. That’s the same excuse we’re essentially creating/allowing Field to get a pass on with Darnell and Flowe

Eat.gif

Advertisement
He is the best “recruiter” on this entire staff from a coaching prospective. Imho he’s legitimately the only true closer and difference maker on the trail. Look at our class and record. There are kids he’s responsible for pulling that his name is not attached to. Do not sleep on his immense value. David is incredibly valuable too. His value would be greater, if the coaches would listen more about local kids. He brings them intel and they don’t act. I’m assuming the position coaches feel better about some out of state kids. We need legit south Florida monsters. Manny didn’t bring any in his group of 10.

I thought pretty highly of Todd Hartley. His recruiting record and record of coaching up pro TEs is rock f'n solid. If you disagree, you need to check the man's resume.

...and he might land two big time TEs for Georgia this year...Darnell Washington and already got a signature from Brett Seither.

If you're coming in and replacing a dude that recruited Brevin Jordan from Las Vegas, and coached David Njoku and Chris Herndon to the pros as well as the final year of Clive Walford's career (also a pro) you need to be an absolute ACE and he has not been that yet. He's not even as valuable as Hartley right now.

I'm willing to give him a little leeway for this season, but its time Field earns his keep.
Hartley was the man, never understood why everyone bashed him. He wasn't a good ST coach but who cares? Don't have him do STs.... pretty simple.

Advertisement
Field is a shady looking white dude that supposedly has South Florida street cred but actually isn't half the recruiter of the shady looking white dude that previously had that job and wanted to stay here.
Hard to get 5 stars when you went 6-6 in the regular season let’s be real.

Field supposedly had a nice connec with Fleming...Til Diaz and Stubbs decided to push him out.

Advertisement
Sometimes you don't see the effects of a guy until year 2. It takes time to build relationships and some of these kids really fast track recruiting the summer between their junior and senior years.....so all the kids he already had relationships with he was trying to push to Oregon. It's tough to back track and then say Miami a few months later without losing credibility.

I've read a lot about his ties to SoFla and his ability to really connect with kids so i'm willing to give him a chance.

I know it’s early, but who has he really pulled though for Miami? Maybe they need him attached to Rumph if he’s got that kind of pull in Dade. People crucified Rumph for not pulling the likes of Surtain, Tyson C, Jobe..We made their “top 4’s” what’s the difference between that and what Field has done for us? Rumph could argue, if we didn’t lose 3 straight to end the 2017 season I could’ve landed 1-2 of those guys. That’s the same excuse we’re essentially creating/allowing Field to get a pass on with Darnell and Flowe

One could label it an excuse of that last part is just the facts. Losing late in both cases certainly would make any sane potential recruit reconsider when interest levels are similar. That would just be basic common evaluation.

...and he might land two big time TEs for Georgia this year...Darnell Washington and already got a signature from Brett Seither. Hartley also low key got a commitment from Mammerelli too before we give Field credit for that.

Always thought firing Hartley was a mistake

Always thought firing Hartley was a mistake
I questioned it on this forum and people said I was out of my mind.

I think he's not quite the sniper assassin bag man...but he's the type that poisons you. Over his time here, you look at his body of work and its pretty impressive. The recruits and development, to me, just became too much to ignore. It wasn't happenstance. He's a G. Wish we'd get James Ellsworth back.

Advertisement
Back