Stephen Field- what has he done?

Advertisement
I questioned it on this forum and people said I was out of my mind.

I think he's not quite the sniper assassin bag man...but he's the type that poisons you. Over his time here, you look at his body of work and its pretty impressive. The recruits and development, to me, just became too much to ignore. It wasn't happenstance. He's a G. Wish we'd get James Ellsworth back.
He landed brevin and Mallory. Field whiffed on every TE. Not saying field is bad. I personally preferred Hartley

Sometimes you don't see the effects of a guy until year 2. It takes time to build relationships and some of these kids really fast track recruiting the summer between their junior and senior years.....so all the kids he already had relationships with he was trying to push to Oregon. It's tough to back track and then say Miami a few months later without losing credibility.

I've read a lot about his ties to SoFla and his ability to really connect with kids so i'm willing to give him a chance.

That’s such bull****. Hartley went after kids immediately once going to UGA

Advertisement
Field and Hickson are the only offensive coaches I'd keep, but won't lose sleep if the new OC replaces them.

Agreed they are the ONLY 2 coaches I would keep on the entire staff but wouldn’t lose sleep if new OC replaces them. Maybe keep Rumph paired up with an elite recruiter.

However, the reality is he hasn’t done shït so far but since we have been so conditioned to celebrate mediocrity we heap loads of praise on him for landing us in the Top 4 of two elite recruits and being able to relate to local kids, which the same has been said about Banda.

We seem to only use him for kids out West. No idea why because no kid is moving across country to play for this **** show.

Advertisement
Here goes the blind Hartley love lol... I’ll never understand this one... Hartley took over arguably our best position that was coached by arguably our best position coach during the Golden era. When he came, Walford had been a year gone, Njoku was starting to flash, Herndon was on the rise and Dobard was still on the roster.... All 3 of those kids received top notch coaching before Hartley and were well on their way.
Hartley, brought in Irvin Jr, Brevin and Mallory.... Irvin was a guaranteed Cane, Brevin is a stud and Mallory is still definitely a work in progress.
My whole thing is the only thing I give Hartley credit for is landing Brevin, a stud. Coaching wise I can’t credit him for Njoku or Herndons development (I’ll credit him for them not going backwards). Irvin still hasn’t made half the strides we were hoping for (Hartley had him for 2 seasons before this one) and I PERSONALLY know he messed the Zip situation up, while also LOSING this recruitment head to head vs the same guy that developed Njoku and Herndon.... The Hartley love is VASTLY overrated.

That’s such bull****. Hartley went after kids immediately once going to UGA

Different situation. Georgia is on the upswing and winning.....and they pay. It's not difficult to sell recruits on the differences of Georgia and Miami.

Advertisement
Man these haters are making me sick. I heard that man been killing all you can eat buffets all up and down Dade County.

Here goes the blind Hartley love lol... I’ll never understand this one... Hartley took over arguably our best position that was coached by arguably our best position coach during the Golden era. When he came, Walford had been a year gone, Njoku was starting to flash, Herndon was on the rise and Dobard was still on the roster.... All 3 of those kids received top notch coaching before Hartley and were well on their way.
Hartley, brought in Irvin Jr, Brevin and Mallory.... Irvin was a guaranteed Cane, Brevin is a stud and Mallory is still definitely a work in progress.
My whole thing is the only thing I give Hartley credit for is landing Brevin, a stud. Coaching wise I can’t credit him for Njoku or Herndons development (I’ll credit him for them not going backwards). Irvin still hasn’t made half the strides we were hoping for (Hartley had him for 2 seasons before this one) and I PERSONALLY know he messed the Zip situation up, while also LOSING this recruitment head to head vs the same guy that developed Njoku and Herndon.... The Hartley love is VASTLY overrated.
H was that dude....brevin and Mallory....H just had that look and with bags just got Washington ...he is the one we shouldn’t have let go

Advertisement
Back