Stephen Field hired as TE Coach

ROFL, so how old was luke when schnelly arrived, yo ignorant *** only heard about luke once 2 live crew hit the scene, the fact that you ignorantly said 2 live crew was "based in Cali" where was luke based out of and raised. What highschool did luke go to, do you think luke woke up one day and just got involved in music in 84-86 with 2 live crew, lol,. That's the problem with the ignorant, you may have heard of melvin bratton, brett perriman, tolbert bain and the likes, go talk to them. To say "luke was a nobody" displays how much ignorance you have, alot of yall who beat your chest about the Greatness of UM thinks it started at UM with schnelly, but to stupid to realize why schnelly made it a point to recruit what he termed "The state of Miami", schnelly was just smart enuff to come into Liberty City and humble himself down and learn, which is why guys like him and jimmy johnson are respected, most of the ignorant ones on this board would get ran out of town! So to you sir, do yourself a favor and just STFU and learn.

lmao at humble himself down. i was born and raised in miami and actually attended UM unlike you. no one calling my school a racist institution bc we fired a coach after 4-5 years of losing deserve a shred of respect. go continue hanging out with that racist *******. maybe **** send you a hat for his pee wee team

Advertisement
I didn’t say Luke was raised in Cali. I see you have poor reading comprehension. But go on and tell us how a 19 year old Luke paved the way for Schnelly in Liberty City. That’s truly funny.
Maximo is correct, 2 Live Crew started in Cali between Mr. Mixx and Fresh Kid Ice. They moved to Miami after Luke heard their record mentioning Luke Skywalker.

Know **** before you attack another poster.

And yes it’s sad that I have that useless 2 live crew info in my head.

Maximo is correct, 2 Live Crew started in Cali between Mr. Mixx and Fresh Kid Ice. They moved to Miami after Luke heard their record mentioning Luke Skywalker.

Know **** before you attack another poster.

And yes it’s sad that I have that useless 2 live crew info in my head.

I think the song was The Revelation. RIP The Chinaman.

Lots of things go into successful recruiting.

Winning.
National perception.
Scheme.
Continuity.
And having good recruiters, guys with personality who can sell their program and develop solid relationships with the kids.

Miami needs to win in order to recruit well down here. That's not debatable. South Florida is a different animal. And if you're not winning at the moment then you better be trending upward or have some incredible salesmen on your staff. The kids have to believe in something.

I'm starting to find out that it was widely known (down here) that our program was a dumpster fire. Other than the obvious (losing), kids were finding out about the turmoil within the team. The locker room was divided, the defense hated the offense and Diaz/Richt were beefing. (this if per a recruits father) That was a big reason for all the flips and transfer rumors. It was a complete ****show here.

You can't have turmoil like that within your program and expect to recruit at a high level, at least not locally. These kids find out what's going on.
Fortunately those days are over. I think recruiting is going to pick up, and you can already see it with how many transfers we're getting. Diaz can sell.

Terrible class for FSU standards. But their class didn't collapse like ours did. Why? Because of the recruiters. Our class completely bottomed out because we didn't have any recruiters to prop up the results on the field like FSU did.
No it's not. The "recruiters" can't hide how they lost by an average of 28 points a game they dropped bags especially on dbs and dlineman but barring them stealing Plumlee they wont have a qb commit, rb commit where they're losing 3 guys, only 1 wr to a bad passing game and Lucas as the savior hopefully. That class is overrated as **** and if we used bags we'd have smoked them

Advertisement
Lots of things go into successful recruiting.

Winning.
National perception.
Scheme.
Continuity.
And having good recruiters, guys with personality who can sell their program and develop solid relationships with the kids.

Miami needs to win in order to recruit well down here. That's not debatable. South Florida is a different animal. And if you're not winning at the moment then you better be trending upward or have some incredible salesmen on your staff. The kids have to believe in something.

I'm starting to find out that it was widely known (down here) that our program was a dumpster fire. Other than the obvious (losing), kids were finding out about the turmoil within the team. The locker room was divided, the defense hated the offense and Diaz/Richt were beefing. (this if per a recruits father) That was a big reason for all the flips and transfer rumors. It was a complete ****show here.

You can't have turmoil like that within your program and expect to recruit at a high level, at least not locally. These kids find out what's going on.
Fortunately those days are over. I think recruiting is going to pick up, and you can already see it with how many transfers we're getting. Diaz can sell.

I was wondering if the locker room issues were impacting recruiting. Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

It’s Friday...grab a drink fellas and relax! ****, lots of 💩💩 talk...

Go Canes! Ride or get off the train!

Once again, someone who's ignorant to the facts, WTH can dj's california *** gone tell me about UM history, and vilma is Miami all day long but he didnt grow up round us. Only clowns try to flip the script by using terms like "race baiting" that term is only used by those who dont want to face facts and try to get others to ignore the Truth or not see it. Alot of white people psychologically try to pretend like racism doesn't exist, simply because they are the ones who started it and continue to exercise it. That man luke is a victim of racism who calls it out whenever he can, so dont try and get rid of luke, get rid of the racism, biiiootttccchh!
BS (as in what Luke is full of). Yes, racism is real, it's still a very real problem. However, Luke sees racism in everything and anything that doesn't go how he wants it to go. He is so full of himself and thinks that his view of how things should be run are THE only way things should be run, that if anything goes against that he sees racism in it. Yes, he's dealt with racism....but his behavior is akin to a woman who's been sexually assaulted in the past and now views every single man that talks to her as a predator and a threat. He can't separate what's real and what's not.

BS (as in what Luke is full of). Yes, racism is real, it's still a very real problem. However, Luke sees racism in everything and anything that doesn't go how he wants it to go. He is so full of himself and thinks that his view of how things should be run are THE only way things should be run, that if anything goes against that he sees racism in it. Yes, he's dealt with racism....but his behavior is akin to a woman who's been sexually assaulted in the past and now views every single man that talks to her as a predator and a threat. He can't separate what's real and what's not.

He has always used race for his personal gain. Just like he pushed aside the Asian 2 live crew rapper...said the group needed a black front man or blacks wouldn’t buy their records....then Luke inserted himself as the front man (was originally their manager after they moved from Cali).

Advertisement
He has always used race for his personal gain. Just like he pushed aside the Asian 2 live crew rapper...said the group needed a black front man or blacks wouldn’t buy their records....then Luke inserted himself as the front man (was originally their manager after they moved from Cali).
Hadn't heard about that, but certainly not surprising. Fits his pattern of behavior perfectly.

Butch told Puke to suck the freckled ****** and then proceeded to pull whomever he wanted out of Miami and build the greatest collection of talent ever assembled.

stating that a school is racist bc they fired a ****** HC is lukes problem. hes gotta stop thinking everything that happens is due to race. there is real racism but people like luke dont help things and def discredit actual issues revolving around race

Looks like Coach Fields actively sought out predominantly Black HS and colleges to coach and mentor at and this has got to be appreciated by the HS recruits and their parents.

Great hire Manny!

Advertisement
Looks like Coach Fields actively sought out predominantly Black HS and colleges to coach and mentor at and this has got to be appreciated by the HS recruits and their parents.

Great hire Manny!

Big boy also played his college ball at an hcbu.

Advertisement
Luke is a narcissist and concerned only about himself.

he might be a good coach, but he moves from school to school all the time and has never been hired outside of south florida. that's all i need to know about him.

plus, i will never forget the following.

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

Luke is a narcissist and concerned only about himself.

he might be a good coach, but he moves from school to school all the time and has never been hired outside of south florida. that's all i need to know about him.

plus, i will never forget the following.

"If he were white, being from Miami, he'd be God's gift to America," Campbell said. "If they don't start Ryan Collins, the University of Miami will get the death penalty. I will tell all. I will tell everything I know to the NCAA. If he doesn't go out there for the first play versus UCLA, I'll give you all the violations from 1986 to last year. As of now, I don't know anything. I'm stupid. But if Ryan doesn't start, [coach) Butch [Davis) is going to wish he never took that job."

**** no. He's terrible. LOL

Luke still has defenders? That is absolutely stunning. I mean he only blackmailed the program in the 90’s, trashed us in the media since, had a love affair with Tim Brewster, and threatened to send kids to FSU this year. I’m sure I’m missing a ton but in summary, if you’re a Cane fan defending Luke you’re a moron

The moron's are the one's like you who dont understand where luke's allegiance has always been, apparently you like the ignorant UM administration continue to be blind to reality. UM would be way better off if they h ad luke as an ally, but ok, 18yrs later, let's see what happens, wake up imbecile!

Advertisement
Back