Step Into My Dream: 2015 'Canes Defense

jerzeycane

All-ACC
I'm going to venture into the hypothetical and lose myself in the dream of this defense. (Assuming that Tracy Howard doesn't want to be a millionaire as fast as humanly possible)

From left to right and interior to DB's

Front 7:

Jack Backer: Al-Quadin Muhammad/Chad Thomas
Weakside DT: Travonte Valentine/Anthony Moten
Nose Tackle: Michael Wyche/Courtel Jenkins
Strongside DT: Ufomba Kamalu/Jelani Hamilton
SAM Backer: Alex Figueroa/Tyriq McCord
Mike Backer: Juwon Young/Jawand Blue
Will Backer: Raphael Kirby/Jermaine Grace

DB's:

Right Corner: Tracy Howard/Corn Elder
Strong Safety: Deon Bush/Jamal Carter
Free Safety: Rayshawn Jenkins/Kiy Hester
Left Corner: Artie Burns/Antonio Crawford

*If we got J.C. Jackson, I'd bump all the free safeties back a slot

Now THAT looks more like a Miami Depth Chart

Advertisement
Add in D. Owens, Trent Harris, Mike Smith, Demetrius Jackson

But I agree 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
And who will be coaching all these fine athletes?

Seriously, are you going to attach that commentary in every **** thread no matter the subject matter? It's f*cking annoying as ****. OP is happy about us stacking some chips. I am as well. The thread is about the talent and depth chart, not coaches or schemes. We don't need your mopey *** slights in every thread about Miami football.

And who will be coaching all these fine athletes?

Seriously, are you going to attach that commentary in every **** thread no matter the subject matter? It's f*cking annoying as ****. OP is happy about us stacking some chips. I am as well. The thread is about the talent and depth chart, not coaches or schemes. We don't need your mopey *** slights in every thread about Miami football.

470.gif

Advertisement
Jimmies have been rustled I see.

I actually wasn't bashing Golden, it was aimed at D'Onofrio.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of talent but I'm not sure some of the pieces fit into the 3-4.

I don't like Valentine in a 5-tech as a 3-4 DE. I don't like Chad Thomas as an OLB in a 3-4 either. He'd be an ideal 4-3 DE.

I like Figs as a Sam backer, but in a 4-3. When I think of a 3-4 OLB I think of pass rushers who can drop. I'm gonna need to see more of Figs rushing.

Also, I don't like McCord as a 3-4 OLB right now. Hopefully he works his *** off to gain weight and cover better, but right now he's an undersized DE trying to play OLB. I look at McCord right now and think of KeKe Mingo when he was at LSU.

"Get the **** off the line, Juwon. This isn't a blitz call. What the **** is your problem? Read your key and drop to your spot. Keep this **** up and you'll be on a plane back to Albany. Get your *** in gear or man the scout team with Fentress"

"Man, **** these mother****ers, Raphael. **** this ****"

Hope this wasn't part of your dream.

Some of you dopes sure know how to ruin a thread. Can't have rational discussion on this site at all.

Advertisement
A lot of talent but I'm not sure some of the pieces fit into the 3-4.

I don't like Valentine in a 5-tech as a 3-4 DE. I don't like Chad Thomas as an OLB in a 3-4 either. He'd be an ideal 4-3 DE.

I like Figs as a Sam backer, but in a 4-3. When I think of a 3-4 OLB I think of pass rushers who can drop. I'm gonna need to see more of Figs rushing.

Also, I don't like McCord as a 3-4 OLB right now. Hopefully he works his *** off to gain weight and cover better, but right now he's an undersized DE trying to play OLB. I look at McCord right now and think of KeKe Mingo when he was at LSU.

We don't play a traditional 3-4 like the Pats with the Ends over the tackles. We essentially play a 4-3 under which can morph into a 3-4. The Jack Backer can just as easily put his hand on the ground and I see Chad like an Aldon Smith kind of player. Think of Valentine like Justin Smith from the Niners, not like Ty Warren (Patriots) or Brett Keisel (Steelers).

Some of you dopes sure know how to ruin a thread. Can't have rational discussion on this site at all.

Honestly, I am excited about that roster. Just having some fun.

/still concerned about forcing all these guys to play 20 pounds heavier than ideal weight and them looking like they are in quicksand trying to outflank the FSU ball carrier to the perimeter.

Look, I'm excited about all these guys too.

But then I remember our scheme. And our clueless (when it comes to defense) coach and defensive coordinator. And then I cry.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back