Steed at 218 now!!!

Advertisement
too light
I agree.. but I think he got down too 218 to rid himself of some bad weight.. to put on some good weight. The average weight of the top ten ILBs from last NFL draft and the top ten from the upcoming draft is about 234 the average height was almost 6'2 so for Steed's height I think he should play around 225... I used those averages to convince Shaq to lose weight... He still argues that if he is too light the OLinemen would have their way with him.

Really looking forward to seeing Steed rep the orange and green. Young man is a DOG. Played sr year w a torn ACL, and played superb!...5* heart in my book🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
I agree.. but I think he got down too 218 to rid himself of some bad weight.. to put on some good weight. The average weight of the top ten ILBs from last NFL draft and the top ten from the upcoming draft is about 234 the average height was almost 6'2 so for Steed's height I think he should play around 225... I used those averages to convince Shaq to lose weight... He still argues that if he is too light the OLinemen would have their way with him.
I think Shaq and Mike both needed to lose some bad weight aka fat.

Advertisement
Go watch the film and then get back to me,
Come on Brock. You're better than this. Pinck and Shaq were both dominant the majority of the season, with few hiccups in between. McCloud on the other hand you might have an argument for

film shows Pinkney and Shaq >>>>>> Owens.
lol you're trippin.
Naw objectively looking at it, the linebacker to me wasn’t that good this year. Maybe I had Too high of expectations for the young cats but it is what it is. I’m sure they are hungry for next season

Come on Brock. You're better than this. Pinck and Shaq were both dominant the majority of the season, with few hiccups in between. McCloud on the other hand you might have an argument for
Dominant? Idk about that

Advertisement
what each of the linebackers can work on is
Defending the Pass and the run for that matter , had too many guys open in the middle or our guys were a second late from the receiver.

pinckney, he has great instincts to get in the back field but he has to be more consistent with his gap integrity . Pinckney seems like he can get a little more mature too. He may be a gamer but everyone needs work period.

McCloud- don’t know what was up with him, thought he would break out but he was not good in most of the games this year. Terrible gap integrity and tackling form. One game stands out is the Notre Dame game, he played very well there. Hope he puts it together

Shaq- my expectations were probably highest for him of any player on the defense, while he had a really solid season I expected a bit more. Needs to continue to work on pass coverage and getting skinny when blitzing , too many times he had blitzes and it wouldn’t affect the play. Shaq is an explosive linebacker but don’t think we saw the scope of his game last season. He has range for sure like at that sack he had vs unc on the goal on 4th down showing lots of speed. He has a great support system around him so he knows what he needs to work on .

Run defense was a big problem especially in the first half of the season. That falls mainly on the front 7. Need to fix that this year for sure.Excited to see what the guys do this year

Last edited:
Brock, it's one thing to say the LB play was below expectations. I agree, since we all expected three Sophomores to play like pre-NFL pros. A little unrealistic, tbh. It's another thing to say Owens was our most consistent LB. I'm an Owens fan and bummed he transferred. But there's a reason he did. He was the 4th best LB, even 95% healthy.

In my opinion yes, but only time will tell. I just want to see how underrated he really was.

His HS film was absolutely the best among the LBs of the class. Wilder showed more raw athleticism, and Jennings more disciplined play and downhill violence. But Steed was the Spence or Pinckney of that class. A natural. If his knee is better, he's going to get a lot of playing time and push the 2017 starters for starting reps.

Advertisement
Brock, it's one thing to say the LB play was below expectations. I agree, since we all expected three Sophomores to play like pre-NFL pros. A little unrealistic, tbh. It's another thing to say Owens was our most consistent LB. I'm an Owens fan and bummed he transferred. But there's a reason he did. He was the 4th best LB, even 95% healthy.
He was definitely better than mccloud last year man

Dominant? Idk about that

Duke, GTech 2nd half, Syracuse, UNC, VaTech, ND were all great performances by Shaq and Pinck, to my recollection. I rescind my dominant comment. But to say that Darrion Owens was "the most consistent LB" is foolish.

Duke, GTech 2nd half, Syracuse, UNC, VaTech, ND were all great performances by Shaq and Pinck, to my recollection. I rescind my dominant comment. But to say that Darrion Owens was "the most consistent LB" is foolish.
Fair take, it’s an opinion but he was one of the better ones we had last year

I
Fair take, it’s an opinion but he was one of the better ones we had last year
Mean it's not tough to say he's one of the better ones when Terry McCray was so trash he couldn't even get on the field, and Charles Perry was terrible most of the time.
Owens was basically at the level McCloud was. He was better than Mike Smith too and the 2 frosh lbs. But he wasn't better than Shaq or Mike, and was on the same level as McCloud, except McCloud is more talented

Advertisement
Back