Steed at 218 now!!!

From what has been reported Steed does everything he is asked to do and then some. He is all Cane at heart. These are the home grown types that will get us back where we want to be. I think he's a guy who makes everyone around him better. I can't wait to see him play LB for the Canes.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
They have what we call a fat boy camp that he had to attend before every workout. It required him to wake up earlier than the other guys also put them on a strict diet. Based on their weight every workout they would be penalized depending on how many pounds they were over weight.

Holy shlt..they weren’t playing, but then neither was he. He took it seriously, obviously.

Advertisement
Sir I hope I’m not over stepping but for future reference I’d like to share that natural things like Garlic(about 2-3pieces a day) 1piece before he eats and drinking lime water through out the day will help him burn some fat. It also will keep him from getting sick or ill of any diseases. If you get a chance please take a look at Nobel prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg and his research that can help everyone, blessings 🙌🏾 Family

I will definitely look into this. Thanks.

Glad the hear this man!!!! We won't be special til the guys behind our stars are stars themselves.. Really rooting for steed
Since you’re from Canada you don’t really know about how great Waynmon Steed is. To me he has been a star! He just had a bad run with Injuries. He is taking McClouds spot!

Advertisement
Very happy to hear this, I'm rooting for this kid.

On an aside, any chance we can have him change #s from 17? That brings back memories of LB Willie Williams.

Very happy to hear this, I'm rooting for this kid.

On an aside, any chance we can have him change #s from 17? That brings back memories of LB Willie Williams.

Right now he is more focused on proving himself than selecting a number. If he balls out then he will probably want to keep the number and make it legendary. This is what I take from my conversations with him. I like the number on him because it will make it easier for me to identify him when he’s on the field. What number would you like to see him wear?

They have what we call a fat boy camp that he had to attend before every workout. It required him to wake up earlier than the other guys also put them on a strict diet. Based on their weight every workout they would be penalized depending on how many pounds they were over weight.
Thats great. Most studies show diet is the number 1 factor in weight loss/gain. I love that we're focusing so much more on our nutrition program. Only way to have a truly successful strength and condition program is to make sure all the players are eating healthy and what they should. Working out alone wont make you better if all you eat is pizza and at the wrong times.

He's going to be so much faster and stronger (even at the reduced weight) than ever before. Won't be surprised when he says he feels stronger or just as strong at 215 than he did at 225.

Advertisement
Right now he is more focused on proving himself than selecting a number. If he balls out then he will probably want to keep the number and make it legendary. This is what I take from my conversations with him. I like the number on him because it will make it easier for me to identify him when he’s on the field. What number would you like to see him wear?
Let him keep 17 and make it legendary, like you said. Like @We'retheBoss said, DJ Williams rocked it, too, while playing LB. I'm excited to see what Steed does this year.

Advertisement
Honestly think he’s ready to break out.

Hard to believe but by the fall it will have been almost 2 years since his injury. They haven’t hurried it and I think it’s paid off, now he can spend the spring getting integrated into the rotation and getting comfortable with the knee. By the end of spring and into summer, I see him at full tilt.

I see him as a getting a lot of PT in the rotation. Don’t know if it will take a few games or right from the get go, but by mid season, we should be seeing plenty of him...and we’ll be needing him no doubt. Even if the current 3 improve and all stay healthy and playing, you’ll see plenty. He’s needed.

The coaches aren’t paying him this special attention cause of his looks, they need him.

Honestly think he’s ready to break out.

Hard to believe but by the fall it will have been almost 2 years since his injury. They haven’t hurried it and I think it’s paid off, now he can spend the spring getting integrated into the rotation and getting comfortable with the knee. By the end of spring and into summer, I see him at full tilt.

I see him as a getting a lot of PT in the rotation. Don’t know if it will take a few games or right from the get go, but by mid season, we should be seeing plenty of him...and we’ll be needing him no doubt. Even if the current 3 improve and all stay healthy and playing, you’ll see plenty. He’s needed.

The coaches aren’t paying him this special attention cause of his looks, they need him.
With the amount we rotated our LBs, I expect him to get a lot of PT. I don't think he starts or anything, but he'll get in the rotation heavy - I expect him to get the 5th most snaps among LBs after the 3 starters and probably Charles Perry. I'm not a fan of Perry, but clearly the staff played him a lot last season, and he's going to be a senior so he's Gunna get pt. Mike Smith will outsnap BJ Jennings as backup MLB to Shaq. Owens leaving really frees up snaps for the young guys, and McCray is booty so I doubt he plays at all again

Advertisement
Back