Stay tuned

I keep hearing Mullen isn't a Good recruiter, and doesn't like to....Well please explain to me who Gattis got for UM??....or Steele for that matter (Defensively)...ain't no elite QB or Offensive player coming here because of Gattis. And this BS that Mullen doesn't work well with other coaches, really??...Gattis caused major dissension at Michigan with other coaches.
Truest sh*t you’ve ever spoken on this site. You are 100% spot on.

Advertisement
Again,...Mario needs to change his Offensive philosophy ala Saban....that hard headed BS has to go to the curb..
I agree but it’s not necessarily his offensive scheme but his unwillingness to scheme for the type of players he has.

He wants power schemes and I get that, but we don’t have anywhere near the personnel to run that. Small, weak, finesse OL and small, change of pace RBs plus subpar WR room…

Fully agree that finesse offenses won’t beat UGA, Bama, Clemson and Michigan. You need hogs and trench power. But with the right schemes for our personnel, we go 8-4 this year - not 5-7.

Mario and Gattis didn’t want to adapt to our players strength and in hindsight I’m guessing they got so fed up with our ****** culture that they just said fvck it - just gut the roster after the season.

I keep hearing Mullen isn't a Good recruiter, and doesn't like to....Well please explain to me who Gattis got for UM??....or Steele for that matter (Defensively)...ain't no elite QB or Offensive player coming here because of Gattis. And this BS that Mullen doesn't work well with other coaches, really??...Gattis caused major dissension at Michigan with other coaches.
our holes in the class are due to gattis directly. Kevin smith is a well liked guy and good recruiter. no one has ever said anything bad about him. he can't beg a kid to commit to us at this point in time bc of gattis. WR we all know what's going on there. hopefully ruiz bag is huge for innis. I said this early on about gattis.

steele I just think is too old for the recruiting grind. he was like semi retired before MD hired him to be DC. keep him off field and hire a younger up and coming DC who can grind w Mario.

Advertisement
I think Mullen would kill it as our OC, assuming he could get along with Mario. We don't need him to recruit, everyone else but our coordinators got that covered. Coker, Nix, Whipple, Fisch, Lashlee, and Gattis didn't recruit. Only OC who did was Coley, and Golden hired him for that, not because he was an offensive guru.

... I don't really care if it's Mullen vs another guy. But I do want a proven OC who brings gravitas to the role, not an up and comer. We'll have enough talent that we don't need to be cute. But we do need to improve our culture dramatically, and a grey hair would help there, IMHO. That's why I want to keep Steele and Strong on the defensive side. Need development, stability and culture more than anything, as the talent is coming.

bob dylan zip pants GIF

His last 6 seasons as a play-caller:

2017 Ole Miss -- 11th in YPP
2018 Ole Miss -- 9th in YPP
2019 UNC -- 28th in YPP
2020 UNC -- 3rd in YPP
2021 UNC -- 6th in YPP
2022 UNC -- 22nd in YPP

Yeah. That'll do.
Those numbers look good on the surface but those 4 years at UNC his numbers were artificially inflated due to the opportunity to beat the shiit out of Miami.

Advertisement
I really pray that this isn't just a wish. You and I agree that the guy would absolutely kill it here for 2-3 years. And he wouldn't really have to do much recruiting as we see.

Mario won’t hire anyone on this staff he thinks can’t recruit. I don’t care if vince lombardi wants to join up. He better pull his recruiting weight.

Excellent point.

Steele and Gattis haven’t gotten us ****.

Why is gattis still employed if we are getting rid of him? Hurts us more if we wait. Makes nosense
I'm assuming the recruits know he's gone, Gattis is probably shopping around and I'm sure miami has started their search as well.

Advertisement
Mullen and Herman spread it out and dictate run downs and run situations with personnel and play tendencies. They are willing to throw the ball all day, all game if they have to. For them, players in the box dictate your whole game and strategy.

Mario wants to run the ball to simply run it. To have an established run game as an alternative at all times. It's more old school, less effective and less efficient. Tighter splits, more tight ends to draw in linebackers... he doesn't care about space too much.
It seems He just wants to rebuild the 01 hurricanes
And just line up and be better than every team we play by such a large margin that no schematic advantage could overtake the talent gap

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back