Status check on W/L expectations?

grover

Senior
Premium
@DMoney , @SWFLCane, @Brooklyndee , @Memnon , @Lance Roffers and all the rest of my CIS brethren:

The recruiting section has a lot of talk about top classes provided we show progress on the field. So what will it take to land a top 10 class and what are your odds as of right now that we can meet or exceed expectations? And why do you feel this way?

Note: I'm posting in Eye In The Sky because my question is about the current team's expected 2023 performance (as of today), even though the result is expected to impact recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@DMoney , @SWFLCane, @Brooklyndee , @Memnon , @Lance Roffers and all the rest of my CIS brethren:

The recruiting section has a lot of talk about top classes provided we show progress on the field. So what will it take to land a top 10 class and what are your odds as of right now that we can meet or exceed expectations? And why do you feel this way?

Note: I'm posting in Eye In The Sky because my question is about the current team's expected 2023 performance (as of today), even though the result is expected to impact recruiting.
I expect yearly well have classes that rank top 5 to top 10. That will be the norm simply because of what we have running the show and the people he has surrounded himself with. What it takes to make that sustainable is success on the field obviously(at a certain point,I'd say next season is when results will start to count) & keeping fresh eyes on the program.

Post in thread 'Expectations for this season?'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/expectations-for-this-season.184544/post-6562838

Nothing has changed for me, 8-4 would (in my eyes) be a successful regular season. Bowl win to get to 9 would be massive, nearly doubling our wins. 7-5 with a bowl win would be fine as well, provided the product looks more exciting and fairly competent.

A&M, Clemson, FSU the tough ones. I’m probably in the minority and have no reason to feel this way given recent history, but I’m not scared of UNC. I think Guidry is going to make Maye’s life absolute ****.

Nope, I'm not doing this to myself again this year.
giphy (8).gif

Advertisement
Dawson is the big unknown.

The analytics think offenses have sucked every year he’s been an OC except last year.

Yet last year’s offense is apparently not the offense he wants to ideally run, but instead was forced to run due to the RB being injured.

He also has a little more of a pure Air Raid system then I would prefer to run in today’s game. Which is why rhythm can sometimes be lacking when you watch his games.

But in the end, it is an Air Raid. While not my ideal offense, and maybe not the ideal Air Raid play caller, it’s not difficult to foresee it working.

If he can produce just good results, not even really good, I think 9 to 10 wins is possible.

I’m not as worried about the floor of the defense. There seems to be enough pieces there and a good DC, to make it work next year.

What the OP wants to know is if the 15-0 folks are back.

Well I'll tell you they're dead. Every ********** one of them. We just had the worst season of the century and perhaps my lifetime with an all-star coaching staff and plenty of talent. There's no reason to expect anything. I want to say we've hit rock bottom but I've been a cane fan long enough to know that it always can get lower.

No predictions.[BGCOLOR=initial] We're as likely to win 10 games as we are 5. [/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t understand how we can look at the 2023 team and coaches, and think we are in worse shape than we were in 2021. We are better at so many positions other than a proven WR and a proven OC. And I recognize coaching is the wild card but I also think we all have PTSD from Gattis.

Advertisement
What Mario wants you to understand is we need to stack 3-4 top 10 classes before you can start having those kind of expectations. For now we are going to be a power-spread team and tough our way through.
It doesn’t matter if he goes winless for the next half a decade. He’s not getting bought out till year 6.

Advertisement
Back