Statue for Coach Schnellenberger in front of Football Facility

Even worse look if Louisville or FAU do it before UM.

I think that FAU already did it. I was just referring to Beta Blake making Miami look bad by begging on GoFundMe.

1617023859391.png

Advertisement
Everything regarding money with UM is comically secretive but does anybody know how much Ron Fraser's statue cost? I know when UiF was doing their Heisman winner statues that they were supposedly like $500k each.

It's all a joke that this stuff is ever a real issue. We can probably debate statues vs naming a field or building but the financing of any of it needs to stop even being dignified as a concern. You literally could admit two more Saudi or Chinese students at full tuition like UM loves to do and have enough cash to build a statue with more than enough money left over to fund the wine and cheese for the Golden Canes statue unveiling after-party.

What a shame on the university that Coach Schnelly never got an on-campus statue or at least a mural in his honor while he was still alive. He put the entire university on the map. The admin has never given a crap about football! Reminds me of Sean Taylor's family having to do his funeral at FIU. Smh

You people do know that UM would foul it up, yes?

They would only agree to spend the money if they could woke-out the whole thing. It would have to be a statue of Howard standing next to Fern Labati or something similar.

Advertisement
I am tired of hearing this ******* excuse; we’re a private school and blah blah. Give the man a statue for gods sake and his just due!!!

Amazing how our cheap, dumbass fans always want stuff, STUFF THEY WON'T PAY FOR THEMSELVES. IF YOU WANT A STATUE, RAISE THE **** FUNDS. Then again, our fans barely could come up with the money for banners and the like.

Advertisement
Amazing how our cheap, dumbass fans always want stuff, STUFF THEY WON'T PAY FOR THEMSELVES. IF YOU WANT A STATUE, RAISE THE **** FUNDS. Then again, our fans barely could come up with the money for banners and the like.
Has the school started a contribution campaign? For all the condescending **** you spew, you'd surely know that it takes a very substantial donation or gift to earmark the funds for a specific use, rather than it going into a general pot for the athletic department to waste.

So I’m cheap, broke and a dumbass according to “canedude08” Thanks man; have a great day bro 👍
Bella Thorne Reaction GIF by Music Choice

Advertisement
So I’m cheap, broke and a dumbass according to “canedude08” Thanks man; have a great day bro 👍
Bella Thorne Reaction GIF by Music Choice
Guy is beyond condescending, obnoxious, smarmy, and is an apologist to Shalala, Blake James, and the rest of the powers that be for 20 years of incompetence.

The statue would fit in the rounding error for the remodeling project. They can make it happen and use it to kickstart fundraising.

The statue would fit in the rounding error for the remodeling project. They can make it happen and use it to kickstart fundraising.

Yeah, let's not forget that the "U" in the center of campus was an idea generated by students. So, in an ideal world, the UM Student Government would lead the way in proposing the idea. And then we could let Beta Blake figure out a way to pay for it.

"The U statue was first proposed by the 2010-2011 SG Executive Board, which ran for office with a platform to temper the campus. The board included President Christina Farmer, who came up with the idea for the statue, and Vice President Pietro Bortoletto."

"They modeled the idea on the Sebastian the Ibis statue in front of the Newman Alumni Center, which was revealed during Farmer’s presidency. SG wanted something similar in a more central location on campus, Bortoletto said.

Under Farmer’s administration, SG announced a student design contest for the statue. Kevin Jones, an architecture student who graduated from UM in spring 2011, was the winning designer, according to Farmer.

Last year’s SG President, Brandon Mitchell, took the project forward under his own ticket’s platform to spirit the U.

“We made getting this U statue, or at least pushing it as far as we could, our number one priority on that platform,” Mitchell said.

The efforts during Mitchell’s year included getting price estimates, seeking funding and determining a location."

"The cost of the statue has come out to about $85,000, according to SG Press Secretary AJ Ricketts. This is significantly less than the approximately $1.2 million that Mitchell expected.

According to current SG President Nawara Alawa, the statue was funded through the budget for the Student Center Complex project – which includes the construction of the new Student Activity Center and updates to the existing University Center."

Advertisement
How much does a statue cost? Between $40k - $100k, I’m assuming; pending on size & detail? ****, Magic Johnson’s Ginormous Statue at Mich St cost $250k, but it’s huge. I’m sure with all the money Miami has wasted hiring **** *** coaches, they can finally use a fraction of that cost to honor the legacy of a guy who started us to greatness.

we should make 2 of them. well, 3 actually.

one for the hecht ...

one for the lobby of the college football hall of fame ....

one to shove up the *** of those dipsh&ts at the college football hall of fame, who committed fraud upon the sport by refusing to elect howard during his lifetime, when even stevie wonder could see that howard deserved it. what a joke. he was one of the 10 best coaches in the history of the sport, .... at ANY level of football. what he did was miraculous. those guys at the CFHOF can eat a di*k as far as i'm concerned.

Advertisement
Back