State of Emergency-NOAA Link in OP

Advertisement
Only issues are practice and FSU travel. Adam Beasley just tweeted Hard Rock is able to with stand a Cat 4 hurricane... Looks like by Saturday that thing will be in GA/North Florida.

So really the only way this could cause a postponement is FSU's travel situation. They probably could hug the west coast of florida and take a little while to drive down and play it safe. But yeah, let's still hope this thing moves a little further east when they do the next projection updates.

There is no way this game could be made up as the previous one was. I know FSU has one of the top meteorlogical schools in the country, so something might be up. Somehow they might have let loose a secret project (Code name Jimbo) to direct the storm our way, in order to avoid the catastrophic Hurricane that is ready to wreck havoc on their program.

Only issues are practice and FSU travel. Adam Beasley just tweeted Hard Rock is able to withstand a Cat 4 hurricane... Looks like by Saturday that thing will be in GA/North Florida.

So really the only way this could cause a postponement is FSU's travel situation. They probably could hug the west coast of florida and take a little while to drive down and play it safe. But yeah, let's still hope this thing moves a little further east when they do the next projection updates.

They will not likely play the game if a CAT4 hits Florida anywhere on the Thursday before the game. Emergency personnel will be occupied.

Advertisement
Only issues are practice and FSU travel. Adam Beasley just tweeted Hard Rock is able to withstand a Cat 4 hurricane... Looks like by Saturday that thing will be in GA/North Florida.

They will not likely play the game if a CAT4 hits Florida anywhere on the Thursday before the game. Emergency personnel will be occupied.

I don't think it's supposed to be CAT4 when it gets here... My point was the stadium can deal with hurricane esque conditions.

You're right, but right now that's not supposed to happen. If the current forecasts become reality, only thing that could postpone/cancel the game is FSU travel.

Don't see how this game could be made up if it is postponed with miami having no more bye weeks. Maybe Monday with dolphins playing sunday? That would leave short week for unc though

One more jog left and they'll be postponing the game by tomorrow afternoon. Crazy ****, but it's happened before. Believe 2001 was the last time.

I was think of that. Wasn't that Washington and be beat them? Good omen.

I don't think it's supposed to be CAT4 when it gets here... My point was the stadium can deal with hurricane esque conditions.

You're right, but right now that's not supposed to happen. If the current forecasts become reality, only thing that could postpone/cancel the game is FSU travel.

Where any of you here for power outages after hurricanes?

Advertisement
If our practices are hindered that could have a huge impact on the game. Not happy about this.

We're not worried about the stadium falling down. A more likely scenario is that power is out and power lines and trees are down all over the place. There are many reasons why the local authorities would not want 70,000 people trying to gather in one place 48 hours after a major hurricane.

Advertisement
What year was it the game was moved to a friday night? Wasn't that to play before a expected hurricane I believe that was forcasted for labor day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What year was it the game was moved to a friday night? Wasn't that to play before a expected hurricane I believe that was forcasted for labor day

2004 vs FSU. Moss TD then Gore in OT. There's nowhere to move this game though unless they played it Monday.

We're not worried about the stadium falling down. A more likely scenario is that power is out and power lines and trees are down all over the place. There are many reasons why the local authorities would not want 70,000 people trying to gather in one place 48 hours after a major hurricane.

I've never seen any model of Matthew that hits anywhere close to Dade County. Most models have it hitting the Carolinas and maybe Savannah, Georgia. I've never even seen a model where it hits Jacksonville/North Florida.

Advertisement
I think Monday would be only day game could be moved to with no more bye weeks for miami. Can't move it to week of acc championship with miami still in hunt for coastal

I've never seen any model of Matthew that hits anywhere close to Dade County. Most models have it hitting the Carolinas and maybe Savannah, Georgia. I've never even seen a model where it hits Jacksonville/North Florida.

A category 4 hurricane isn't limited to the little black dot or the spaghetti line. This thing is massive. Forget the eye hitting. That would shut down Miami-Dade County for a month. If the eye is 100 miles off shore, Dade will still get significant tropical storm or Cat 1 winds.

Are you guys nuts?

If that thing hits direct hits as a CAT 4 or 5 the stadium will be gone.

1. Most predictions don't show it as a category 4 or 5 where it could possibly hit us.

2. Please refer to past examples where strong hurricanes in South Florida blew down Hard Rock Stadium.

Or were you just fear mongering for no reason?

A category 4 hurricane isn't limited to the little black dot or the spaghetti line. This thing is massive. Forget the eye hitting. That would shut down Miami-Dade County for a month. If the eye is 100 miles off shore, Dade will still get significant tropical storm or Cat 1 winds.

Per the Weather Service the odds of SoFla getting hurricane winds are about 5%.

Which is actually higher than I would have thought.

Advertisement
Back