Starting to get nervous about the Stevenson situation....

Well at least we’ll know this week where he’s going. Was told GA practices today? Is that true? If he shows up then we have our answer.

Advertisement
I'd also think he's catching flak from UGA fans and staff. I imagine he's getting pressed to stay. The thing is that every time he allows a completion, the fans are going to be saying they should have let him go, he's no good. It's like a break up or leaving a job. If you get talked out of it, it will never be the same.
yep. They lost another guy they didn't expect to lose at the end of last week - mark Webb. Even though he wasn't a superstar he got playing time for them. They are very very thin in the secondary now.

Ironically, most on that board don't see Stevenson as a cb - they see him back at "star". The smart ones know he'll get a shot to start at cb in spring if he stays - that will be the carrot. Who knows what happens after that...

Advertisement
yep. They lost another guy they didn't expect to lose at the end of last week - mark Webb. Even though he wasn't a superstar he got playing time for them. They are very very thin in the secondary now.

Ironically, most on that board don't see Stevenson as a cb - they see him back at "star". The smart ones know he'll get a shot to start at cb in spring if he stays - that will be the carrot. Who knows what happens after that...
Didn't UM recruit Stevenson strictly as a Safety, which played a part in why we didnt get him?

Didn't UM recruit Stevenson strictly as a Safety, which played a part in why we didnt get him?
IDK about that. I do remember him being recruited as a Safety. While I have no inside info, it seems to me the biggest issue with Stevenson is the fact he got next to no playing time anywhere on their D until he threatened to leave last year. He's been a backup from the start and not in a position he wanted to play. sounds like a whole lot of factors just coming to a head for him...

Is he still suited to play CB? I know he’s a good athlete but what little I’ve seen of him, he is looking every bit of 205-210. Just wondering if he’s agile enough to play CB? I guess the issue is that he’s better than Ivey so there’s that!

Advertisement
ball rolling GIF

Is he still suited to play CB? I know he’s a good athlete but what little I’ve seen of him, he is looking every bit of 205-210. Just wondering if he’s agile enough to play CB? I guess the issue is that he’s better than Ivey so there’s that!
Antrel Rolle type athleticism imo.

Maybe can't be a CB in the pros, but in CFB, definitely.

Even if he isn't a traditional CB he's better than any we have on our roster

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back