Starting defense moving forward

Advertisement
Nothing personal against Ragu, he's a great kid & great for the locker room, I just don't get him getting meaningful snaps while Huff still can't get in the game, and I know he only played because Keontra Smith was unavailable for the first half because he got thrown out vs Clemson last week, but JMO Huff should be getting those reps & yes I know he's 3rd string Striker, he's basically playing as a LB.

As to McCloud, this is actually who he's always been, since his TF season he has regressed in play every year, he has awful change of direction ability, no lateral movement at all & he has no field awareness or football IQ at all, to be a 5th year Senior & still have no idea wtf is going on from play to play is just disheartening.

I just wish Baker would stop trotting him out there, there's no reason for him to play, he's not going to get any better at all, he's just wasting reps that could be going to younger faster more talented players with better upside.
Everytime Pitt drove down the field, guess what 2 LBs were in.... 🤦🏾‍♀️

Ivey has been really bad at times over his career and should get the pine if he has similar lapses in future games....but he hasn't stood out negatively of late, which is a good thing. As such, let it be for now.

One major issue with starting Couch with Blades is zero run support (and swing/screen passes). Couch is small and not much of a force in run support.....Blades plays even smaller. Our back 7 needs as much help tackling as they can get. I do like Couch getting heavy reps in the slot.

Advertisement
Nothing personal against Ragu, he's a great kid & great for the locker room, I just don't get him getting meaningful snaps while Huff still can't get in the game, and I know he only played because Keontra Smith was unavailable for the first half because he got thrown out vs Clemson last week, but JMO Huff should be getting those reps & yes I know he's 3rd string Striker, he's basically playing as a LB.

As to McCloud, this is actually who he's always been, since his TF season he has regressed in play every year, he has awful change of direction ability, no lateral movement at all & he has no field awareness or football IQ at all, to be a 5th year Senior & still have no idea wtf is going on from play to play is just disheartening.

I just wish Baker would stop trotting him out there, there's no reason for him to play, he's not going to get any better at all, he's just wasting reps that could be going to younger faster more talented players with better upside.
yet, we know McCloud will be out there 1st series next week. Its a headscratcher

yet, we know McCloud will be out there 1st series next week. Its a headscratcher

Its obvious Diaz favors him cuz he was part of the freshman 3 group, redshirted last year and came back, and has most experience as 5th yr senior vs all the young freshman/sophomores. But he needs to sit and be 2nd/3rd string at this point

Advertisement
I’m amazed Ford was under most peoples radar as long as he has been.
Not convinced replacing him with JHH is the answer, though. I’d be concerned with the run stopping ability of JHH and Nesta together seeing as neither is a big plug in the middle. Our LB play is already bad enough.

Looking forward to Flagg when’s he loses some of the baby fat and gets my a year in strenght program.

Advertisement
Also havent seen Hall make an impact play all year. Very disappointing. And we all know Amari "Hitman errr I mean Walking Targeting Penalty" Carter is a JAG. 2nd safety spot open in my book.
Hall’s been solid, haven’t heard much, but he hasn’t given up much

Advertisement
LoL, like pat bethel ford definitely helps redirect runners in the run game, he's never going to have that elite 1st step quickness but he holds the line of scrimmage up well, harrison hunte is on the come up, his run game leveraging the line is not their yet, but he's on the way, no worries, he'll continue to see the field, the d-line depth is being groomed. Also, ivey is doing what I've does, just ball, I just don't understand the blake baker's defensive philosophy, he runs entirely to much zone especially when we have the opposing team in 1st and long. Why he keeps giving up these big plays when we should have the offense feeling like, let's get off, 1st and 20 we play one and this man wide-open, not even an contested catch. Looks like somebody hasn't learned from last year:
Ivey has held his own...idk what y’all complaining about
That's cause they still mad and actually still thinks it was ivey's fault against G-tech, Thank you for actually knowing football sir:

Not convinced replacing him with JHH is the answer, though. I’d be concerned with the run stopping ability of JHH and Nesta together seeing as neither is a big plug in the middle. Our LB play is already bad enough.

Nesta is a better run stopper than Ford... he’s better at everything compared to Jon Ford.

Advertisement
Back