Star vs. Striker

Advertisement
I just read that our defense is no longer using the striker position but will instead utilize the star position. For a non X's and O's guy can someone with some knowledge explain the difference or is it just terminology?
Same exact thing. Just named differently. Just the nickel back in a 4-2-5 but nowadays you have to use the 4-2-5 every passing down or else get torched by these spread offenses. But he can’t be a little corner because they will run right at him. He’s gotta be a hybrid safety/linebacker type that can do it all.

Advertisement
I just read that our defense is no longer using the striker position but will instead utilize the star position. For a non X's and O's guy can someone with some knowledge explain the difference or is it just terminology?
Say it isn’t so!!!!!! What will we do without a Striker??

rodney football.jpg

Advertisement
It's essentially the same position but within the framework of a different scheme.

Advertisement
There is no difference it’s literally the exact same position with a different name.

It’s a Hybrid Safety/LB that is used in Nickel Coverage, every single Defense has one.

Strikers sucks

Stars Position is elite.

Never heard of an elite striker.

Have heard of elite STAR Minkah Fitzpatrick was the star at Bama.

Chess not checkers

Advertisement
I’m not sure but it seems like something to blame on Patke the times it doesn’t work

Advertisement
Back