Stanton to the Yanks Last Straw for Marlins fans?

The ish I can't figure out is if you can't afford contracts, why buy the team in the first place? Jorge Mas was that cursed franchise's only hope. F**k Derek Jeter.

Jorge would've kept the team intact (which was pretty decent) and then SPENT MONEY to get top free agents to put the team over.

Loria was hellbent on selling the team to Jeter because of his Yankees fetish. His final f**k you to Marlins fans and the city of Miami. Jeter and Sherman can't afford the team long term and they know it.

Advertisement
It’s absolutely sad that we got more for Dee Gordon than for Giancarlo....at least we got the Mariners 2nd and 7th best prospects.

The ish I can't figure out is if you can't afford contracts, why buy the team in the first place? Jorge Mas was that cursed franchise's only hope. F**k Derek Jeter.

I believe the Marlins were losing money due to the budget. They had a 110-120 million dollar payroll on a 73 win team.
If they are contemplating selling Marlins Stadium, let me know because I know a bunch of former Canes that want to invest!

I believe the Marlins were losing money due to the budget. They had a 110-120 million dollar payroll on a 73 win team.
If they are contemplating selling Marlins Stadium, let me know because I know a bunch of former Canes that want to invest!

So we can play in a 32,000 seat venue? Na dog, I’m good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Barry Jackson has been saying for a min now, the Marlins are now nothing more than a hobby for Derek Jeter. Didnt even get the Yankees top prospects in return.

That's what seems to be lost in all of this. People can understand why the Marlins are starting over from scratch. But Jeter was sitting on the MVP of the league and one of baseball's brightest stars to trade him to his (Jeter) former team for basically crap. It's all a joke. Luckily I'm not emotionally invested like I am with the Canes. Having said that, it's a **** shame that the Hurricanes were kicked out of the OB for the Marlins who are crap.

Advertisement
They had no choice but to trade him to the Yankees, Stanton wouldnt go to STL or SF.

Those weren’t that much better...STL best prospect was Alcantara and he’s considered the 9th best prospect in their system.

Yankee fan through and through since i was a kid.......the later part of that contract will be terrible but its still a big fish. This is what the Marlins get for playing where the canes should be playing

Advertisement
It’s absolutely sad that we got more for Dee Gordon than for Giancarlo....at least we got the Mariners 2nd and 7th best prospects.

Yeah I agree. If you make a trade like that to offload Stanton, then you either: A) Make the Yankees take the entire contract without giving up $30,000,000 and get that crap return or B) chip in $30,000,000 to $50,000,000 and get Gleybar Torres and Chance Adams and/or Justus Sheffield. Remarkably awful and reeks of Jeter looking out for his old club. He's just a ball player and not a boss. As a businessman, what I can't seem to figure out is, why Bruce Sherman has allowed a novice like Jeter who has only a minimal investment in the club to call the shots with regards to the business aspect of the organization. Just puzzling....

Had no problem with the trade. Had to be done. Team needs to be blown all the way up. Stanton contract was terrible for a team like the Marlins who will have a small payroll for at least two more years. Front office hamstrung by a huge contract with a no trade clause. No one who bought the team was going to spend more on payroll - the franchise is hemorrhaging money. That needs to be straightened out before doling out large FA contracts.

So we can play in a 32,000 seat venue? Na dog, I’m good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36742 presently... get rid of the crazy fish and some mods could get 60000. Ok, I know when we go top ten every year with CMR we are going to need room... just dreaming. lol

Advertisement
He was way overpaid. They need pitching more than they need Stanton. He didn't help them get to the playoffs despite his homerun output.

Advertisement
Yes let’s get rid of that sham of a franchise the fruity colored Flori I mean Miami Marlins. I f@cking hate them for selling away both title teams and for the destruction of our sacred Orange Bowl..... F@ck the Marlins!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back