Stanton to the Yanks Last Straw for Marlins fans?

Another rebuild for this sorry baseball franchise. Fans in Miami got to be sick of this. Any chance this team gets moved to Vegas or Portland resulting in a nice empty stadium for us to inherit?

Advertisement
Florida Marlins have been getting ducked for yrs. Marlins when the World Series and the City still did not support them. Jeter will definitely get a statue in NY for sure.

Advertisement
Had to get rid of that contract. Previous owner was clown with that contract. Would loved to have kept Stanton but once he signed that deal, there was no way he was staying in Miami. With that said the Marlins will never be a contender. Might as well move to Vegas and let the Canes rebuild the OB.

Had to get rid of that contract. Previous owner was clown with that contract. Would loved to have kept Stanton but once he signed that deal, there was no way he was staying in Miami. With that said the Marlins will never be a contender. Might as well move to Vegas and let the Canes rebuild the OB.

Never thought I'd say this - I'm good where we play.

**** the Marlins. They built that stadium on sacred ruins. On holy land.

No true Hurricane fan can ever forgive them for that.

I hope they lose every game they ever play, in front of an empty stadium. I want them out of Miami. Move the team or shut them down IMO.

**** the Marlins. They built that stadium on sacred ruins. On holy land.

No true Hurricane fan can ever forgive them for that.

I hope they lose every game they ever play, in front of an empty stadium. I want them out of Miami. Move the team or shut them down IMO.

Jesus. You just typed out on 3 lines what I've been saying to everyone I know for the last decade.

I truly think that Jeter and Co's end game is to eventually move the team to a market like Montreal or Vegas. Even if the Canes don't get to move back I'd love to see this happen if for no other reason than to leave the corrupt City of Miami holding their d1cks in their hands with an empty stadium with no tenant.

I can never root for the Marlins. Ever. What was done to that hallowed ground is an unforgiveable sin.

Advertisement
These kinds of player moves are why I quit watching or following baseball years ago. It's a great game, but the financial imbalance in MLB just really takes away my desire to invest time in it or care about it.

All part of a long, orchestrated move by baseball to get this team out of south Florida. It was set in motion before they ran the price up for Stanton to an unfathomable amount of money for this market only to see him traded to the biggest market for a song. This ownership group didn't spend $1 billion to slug it out in Miami.

The ish I can't figure out is if you can't afford contracts, why buy the team in the first place? Jorge Mas was that cursed franchise's only hope. F**k Derek Jeter.

Advertisement
As Barry Jackson has been saying for a min now, the Marlins are now nothing more than a hobby for Derek Jeter. Didnt even get the Yankees top prospects in return.

Any league without a true salary cap is a joke. Season is over for 2/3 of the league before the season even starts.

Advertisement
The ish I can't figure out is if you can't afford contracts, why buy the team in the first place? Jorge Mas was that cursed franchise's only hope. F**k Derek Jeter.

Jorge would've kept the team intact (which was pretty decent) and then SPENT MONEY to get top free agents to put the team over.

Baseball contacts will be increasing in the next few yrs. Machado, Harper and the Ohintay deal would know Stanton was a bargain.

I believe the Marlins were losing money due to the budget. They had a 110-120 million dollar payroll on a 73 win team.

Advertisement
Back