2023 Stanquan Clark - Miami Killian - 2023 S/LB

Advertisement
Please land Clark. I don’t want another pat Payton situation
Charlie Strong in his EOY evaluation with Mario must have told him that if he wants to get the best out of him as a LB Coach...he needs to allow him to totally flip that LB room. And give him complete control of who stays and who goes. To bring in 5 LB recruits (not including any portal additions) is WHOA!! Sounds like buddy just wants to keep Wes, Flagg and Chase (maybe) and tell the rest to pack up and move on.

EDIT: The one thing Channing Crowder always says about Strong is that he is VERY cutthroat. VERY. Like to the point where he and Strong almost came to blows a few times while he was his coach at UF. He doesnt mince words. And doesnt care if you dont like it. So I think there was some honest assessments being done at EOY time with that LB room.

Charlie Strong in his EOY evaluation with Mario must have told him that if he wants to get the best out of him as a LB Coach...he needs to allow him to totally flip that LB room. And give him complete control of who stays and who goes. To bring in 5 LB recruits (not including any portal additions) is WHOA!! Sounds like buddy just wants to keep Wes, Flagg and Chase (maybe) and tell the rest to pack up and move on.
I subscribe to this.

EDIT: The one thing Channing Crowder always says about Strong is that he is VERY cutthroat. VERY. Like to the point where he and Strong almost came to blows a few times while he was his coach at UF. He doesnt mince words. And doesnt care if you dont like it. So I think there was some honest assessments being done at EOY time with that LB room.
It was way before the end of the year.

Advertisement
What position are we projecting Clark to play at next level? Same question for Pulliam.

Advertisement
again they want him on the team lol he doesn’t have to play at all but you don’t kick your only responsible defensive player in a leadership role outside kam off the team.. IF Corey leaves it’s cause he wants to. Mario has made that much clear
I don’t think people want him to leave so much as they want some more size and speed at the position

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cool, just never put him out on the field.

We play several teams where Flagg can perform just fine. His weaknesses are speed, size and short-area burst, so he his role needs to be limited when facing teams with mobile QBs, speedy slot receivers, scat backs or TEs with wide catch radiuses. I know that sounds like every team, lol, but it's not. Flagg's snap count will go down, but he could still see the field quite a bit. We definitely want him to stay on the team.

But is he? I don't know how you could ask for better leadership if a kid stays knowing he's not going to play much but wants to still have a leadership/influence on the team. Talk about humility.

I mean, Flagg's got to know he'll never make the pros. So it comes down to what else he wants to do with his life. He's probably already graduated knowing how smart and disciplined he is. So he's close to having, or already has, his degree this year. But if he wants to be a coach one day, he should milk the experience with Mario, Steele and Strong for as long as he can. I'd stay 6 years if I were him, counting that extra Covid year as a second redshirt.

Advertisement
Back