2023 Stanquan Clark - Miami Killian - 2023 S/LB

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
I was listening to @Stefan Adams podcast and Coach Trevino from Killian mentioned Stanquan Clark as a future number 1 / 5 star type player in 2023. It looks like we’re his first, if not only offer right now on 247. It sounds like he’s a safety that’ll grow into a LB.

I know he’s young but is anyone familiar with him and is he really someone to watch as an elite level player? Hopefully we can build a good relationship and win the way we should and start keeping more local elites home.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12971451/Stanquan-Clark

Advertisement
I pops up, look around, then go back to my self quarantine.
I need to do a Canedog before and after Corona Virus gif - and it will be the same gif - that critter you’ve made synonymous with your good name.

Advertisement
What are the chances young Stanleyquan stays at Killian? Or is it pretty much a given that he'll be moving on to more....lucrative.....recruiting grounds?

Advertisement
@Liberty City El is this a serious contender to be a future:

CAE751A5-1421-41AE-B4DE-8A07792A5911.gif

?

Long overdue bump. Hearing multiple reports that Clark is very high on our LB board right now. Believe he's the unnamed LB that Flo says there's about to put the full court press on. Killian had a nice LB core w/him and Washington last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One position on defense I'm not worried about is LB - for once.

We have BW sealed. He's a freak and if you want to create a mold as to what a big time LB recruit looks like, it's him.

After him, Aguirre, Harris x2, Clark are all very talented dudes.

This kid had 131tcks 24TFL’s 4 sacks 2INT’s 2FF’s & 2FR’s last year...

All while playing traditional Standup Backer, he’s not the typical Rush-End being converted to LB like we normally see in South FL. And considering he played with Bobby Washington last year on the same Defense it’s wonder we haven’t already got him committed in this class.

He’s got really good diagnosis ability & does a great job shooting the gap playing instinctually with solid speed.

The biggest question mark is size, he has a lean DB frame, but nothing a full year in the S&C couldn’t fix.

Kentucky & NC ST are both after him so it’s not like he’s a G5 kid, so it will be interesting how hard we press the issue on this recruitment because he’s yet to OV here but it’s pretty obvious we’d get the commit if we really wanted him.

I’m guessing the staff is waiting to see where they stand with other LB’s they have ahead of him.
This seems like an under the radar type of kid that goes to a program like Kentucky and balls out. We'll find ourselves in a few years wondering why we didn't push harder. Still early though so maybe we pursue.

This kid had 131tcks 24TFL’s 4 sacks 2INT’s 2FF’s & 2FR’s last year...

All while playing traditional Standup Backer, he’s not the typical Rush-End being converted to LB like we normally see in South FL. And considering he played with Bobby Washington last year on the same Defense it’s wonder we haven’t already got him committed in this class.

He’s got really good diagnosis ability & does a great job shooting the gap playing instinctually with solid speed.

The biggest question mark is size, he has a lean DB frame, but nothing a full year in the S&C couldn’t fix.

Kentucky & NC ST are both after him so it’s not like he’s a G5 kid, so it will be interesting how hard we press the issue on this recruitment because he’s yet to OV here but it’s pretty obvious we’d get the commit if we really wanted him.

I’m guessing the staff is waiting to see where they stand with other LB’s they have ahead of him.

yeah, I agree but I think the staff really likes the kid and honestly, after bryant and aguirre, you have guys like Carter, Harris twins and maybe even Wilson. clark is in that group, imo.

This seems like an under the radar type of kid that goes to a program like Kentucky and balls out. We'll find ourselves in a few years wondering why we didn't push harder. Still early though so maybe we pursue.
And then we play that team and the kid raises his game and goes balls wild on us on national TV.

Like that Louisville WR short guy played locally here and he was just barely a 3 star then went to LU and drove us nuts.

One of those give a shot and you’ll see me , shine.you could always use a couple of these guys

I totally get you 🙌

Advertisement
Back