Stanford Recruiting?

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
Are they dropping bags or is this just a huge year for them?
They have 3 consensus 5* players, 2 at the same position:
-The #1 overall player (According to 247 ratings) OT Walker Little
-The #2 overall player (According to Scout) OT Foster Sarell
-The consensus #1 QB in the nation (Except ESPN who has him at #2 ) Davis Mills

They also have the #1 TE in the nation, Colby Parkinson...

There are 3 schools that has 2 top 10 players committed..Bama/Ohio State/Stanford. Obviously the first 2 are playoff teams with a liar and satan as recruiters, but how tf did Stanford pull this off?

Edit: To save you google time, they went 10-3 this year. (9-3 with a Sun Bowl win over North Carolina)

Last edited:
Advertisement
They have the best education you can get from a football playing school. Some kids are just super smart. Nothing more than that to see here.

They are also arguably the best Education you can get and still play competitive football. If my son was offered by Stanford they would be number 1.

I'm impressed that Shaw has been able to maintain the momentum that Harbaugh built. He's done an incredible job IMO. My best guess is teams like Stanford and Washington have been able to capitalize a bit on USC and Oregon's recent struggles. Stanford should have the best football + academics pitches out there.

This year actually isn't that out of the ordinary for Stanford lately. Their team ranking on 247:

2011 - #22
2012 - #7
2013 - #51 (ouch)
2014 - #13
2015 - #24
2016 - #16
2017 - #11 (currently)

Also, David Shaw is everything you'd want in a coach. Young, African-American, coaching at his alma mater, and is a great offensive mind who's had success in both College and the NFL.

Can't have much better of a Coaching Tree - Dad coached in College & NFL, played for Dennis Green & Bill Walsh, coached under Gruden, Billick & Harbaugh.

Advertisement
David shaw is a very good coach. They are turning Stanford into a legit football program. Pretty remarkable that they are recruiting on that level

Last edited:
Also, David Shaw is everything you'd want in a coach. Young, African-American, coaching at his alma mater, and is a great offensive mind who's had success in both College and the NFL.

Can't have much better of a Coaching Tree - Dad coached in College & NFL, played for Dennis Green & Bill Walsh, coached under Gruden, Billick & Harbaugh.

WOW I didn't know that.

They currently have the least number of recruits committed(14) compared to the team's ahead of them. Don't know how many they sign, but if it's close to 22-25, they will have a top 5 class, elite class...

I'm impressed that Shaw has been able to maintain the momentum that Harbaugh built. He's done an incredible job IMO. My best guess is teams like Stanford and Washington have been able to capitalize a bit on USC and Oregon's recent struggles. Stanford should have the best football + academics pitches out there.

This year actually isn't that out of the ordinary for Stanford lately. Their team ranking on 247:

2011 - #22
2012 - #7
2013 - #51 (ouch)
2014 - #13
2015 - #24
2016 - #16
2017 - #11 (currently)

Advertisement
David shaq is a very good coach. They are turning Stanford into a legit football program. Pretty remarkable that they are recruiting on that level

Bro check into your football history notes, Stanford has been a legit football program since the 60's. An as much as it pains me to say if my kids had to choose between Stanford and Miami, they would heading to Stanford. They offer the best education of any school period regardless of athletics.

Go Canes

Go Canes

The bigger thing is that they have the offer to commitment ratio is the highest in the country. They are picky and they get what they want.

If you want to know we are the lowest. Thanks Donna.

Happened to line up that way. Those top positions for their program. Stanford is known for their OL and TEs. And they normally get the most out of their qb.
Not to mention their a prestigious educational institution.

Advertisement
David shaq is a very good coach. They are turning Stanford into a legit football program. Pretty remarkable that they are recruiting on that level

Bro check into your football history notes, Stanford has been a legit football program since the 60's. An as much as it pains me to say if my kids had to choose between Stanford and Miami, they would heading to Stanford. They offer the best education of any school period regardless of athletics.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Your cane card is revoked then

Go Canes

Go Canes

Your cane card is revoked then

As if someone as feckless as you had the power to do such a thing.

farquad

downvote

Wasn't there a report recently about an unnamed player receiving money? Everyone thought it was McCaffrey. I haven't heard anything about it recently.

Advertisement
Of just about any school out there, you really can't hate on them. Great education, solid program, great coach, and they produce NFL talent. The kids that come out of there are usually well prepared for life after football, whether that be after college or after a pro-career. The location is also pretty awesome too. Not surprising O-Line kids are typically the smartest position group and their two top recruits are OTs.

Their fan base is also not as annoying and arrogant as most other quality programs. Can't hate on them.

They are a parents dream school which is also in Cali and with tbh an NFL level type HC so they have tremendous amount of pull with recruits

Amazing campus too. I think the farm is the largest acreage of any college campus in the world.

True story: I applied early decision to Stanford and was promptly rejected. When they sent the rejection letter, it was accompanied by an FAQ sheet of most common questions by rejected students.

Advertisement
Back