Stanford Recruiting?

They have the best education you can get from a football playing school. Some kids are just super smart. Nothing more than that to see here.

they need more than that to win, but you noticed they focus on their line so if the bag man did come no one would noticed because they are chasing elite speed recruits and running backs. but these guys have a good line every year. so it dont matter who is back there.

Advertisement
they all smell good until those corpse start to stink in the attic. they said the same thing about old miss just as their ship started to sink they got three 5* character guys who we seen later on was weed heads, who would jump for one of those bags to supply his needs. plus the fact they were commited else where. stanford looked awful this year and mc caffrey leaving they knew life was going to get hard, and whullay all these top players. i dont want to hear about how great they have been in the past because they have never been better than ucla or usc, they just started competing at a high level recently. name me all their bowl victory's and championships from 1980 til 2010.so stop slurping stanford on this site u morons don't know nothing.

Also worth mentioning that they may have the single greatest alumni network anywhere. If you want to be hooked up after school, being connected to the heart of technology and venture capital isn't a bad deal.

Last edited:
that football team was a doormat until 2010 look it up. elway was the first round pick and could not help them. they hired elways dad to get the number 1 qb in the nation and you guys are on our site representing stanford they just like old miss got tired of losing now go follow their players from 2010 because thats when it started or 2009 there is a bagman every where now, so skip me the holier than thou stanford act.

Advertisement
they all smell good until those corpse start to stink in the attic. they said the same thing about old miss just as their ship started to sink they got three 5* character guys who we seen later on was weed heads, who would jump for one of those bags to supply his needs. plus the fact they were commited else where. stanford looked awful this year and mc caffrey leaving they knew life was going to get hard, and whullay all these top players. i dont want to hear about how great they have been in the past because they have never been better than ucla or usc, they just started competing at a high level recently. name me all their bowl victory's and championships from 1980 til 2010.so stop slurping stanford on this site u morons don't know nothing.

Huh?

Stanford has the best combo of top academics and sports in the country. And it ain't even close. Stanford wins the trophy each year awarded to the school with the combined best performance by its men's and women's teams. They've won 20+ years in a row.

For football, this requires a truly nationwide recruiting focus. The coaches probably fly to recruit more than any other school. Shaw said that they target about 50 kids total nationwide each year who can get admitted. Then, they try to land 20 of them. As mentioned, they excel at landing OL, TE and QB. Their biggest problem is DL where academics are traditionally the weakest of all recruits.

If you're ever in the SF Bay Area, check out the campus. It's called "the Farm" because it was the farm of the founder, railroad magnate Leland Stanford. Phil Knight just gave $100 million to erect a new business school campus. The biz school dorm was given by Charles Schwab. You can bring your horse and board it on campus or play a quick 18 on the campus golf course before noon. World renowned med school and law school.

Advertisement

Huh?

Stanford has the best combo of top academics and sports in the country. And it ain't even close. Stanford wins the trophy each year awarded to the school with the combined best performance by its men's and women's teams. They've won 20+ years in a row.

For football, this requires a truly nationwide recruiting focus. The coaches probably fly to recruit more than any other school. Shaw said that they target about 50 kids total nationwide each year who can get admitted. Then, they try to land 20 of them. As mentioned, they excel at landing OL, TE and QB. Their biggest problem is DL where academics are traditionally the weakest of all recruits.

If you're ever in the SF Bay Area, check out the campus. It's called "the Farm" because it was the farm of the founder, railroad magnate Leland Stanford. Phil Knight just gave $100 million to erect a new business school campus. The biz school dorm was given by Charles Schwab. You can bring your horse and board it on campus or play a quick 18 on the campus golf course before noon. World renowned med school and law school.

dude you missing the picture we talking about football, stanford always had that same money but until 2009 in football they were dead from 1980 til 2010. so please stop talking about money and campus because that never helped them. the bagman is real.

O-linemen are *typically the most intelligent players on a football field so it's not really surprising that the most impressive academic school playing high level football can routinely recruit that position well.

Their recruiting from a year-to-year basis is inconsistent, but on those good years, its really good. Its Stanford...you don't need to sell it too hard and when you're a high end academic football player, Stanford is going to be on your list. That Stanford degree lasts forever.

It also helps that they are producing OL and front seven players like crazy these days for the NFL and they are always going to be a destination for a top QB...they always have been.

Some recruits realize there is life after football. No bags needed.

Nailed it. Stanford is the toughest school in the country to get into. It's not even really close. Incredible campus with room to grow, in the middle of silicon valley, near San Fran, lots to do.

I'd probably be lying if I said I wouldn't go to Stanford if given the chance.

Advertisement
Lol Stanford dropping bags. It's simple, Stanford is the only top 20 University with a football program, and a top one at that. It provides the best insurance policy of any CFB team for your career. Even if you don't get drafted and fail out of the football program, your degree ensures you will make 6 figures for the rest of your life. Not only that, unlike the other programs that can offer similar career benefits, Stanford can also provide you with a legitimate shot at the NFL.

Also, it's not bag men that suddenly brought the program back, it was hiring Harbaugh, one of the greatest college coaches. Before that they didn't offer good chances of making the NFL, so there was no real reason to go to Stanford over Harvard, Princeton, or Columbia. Now there is.

I think some of you are underestimating the importance of intelligence combined with good coaching. Stanford has had good coaching for awhile resulting in wins on the field. Imagine if Miami's team had the overall IQ that Stanford's team has. They are not perfect because everybody makes mistakes but they are pretty **** good. I'll stick with the U though.

Advertisement
that football team was a doormat until 2010 look it up. elway was the first round pick and could not help them. they hired elways dad to get the number 1 qb in the nation and you guys are on our site representing stanford they just like old miss got tired of losing now go follow their players from 2010 because thats when it started or 2009 there is a bagman every where now, so skip me the holier than thou stanford act.

Based on your sentence structure, I can understand why you do not see the appeal of Stanford.

They are also arguably the best Education you can get and still play competitive football. If my son was offered by Stanford they would be number 1.

more than competitive they are top 3 in the Pac-12 pretty much on the regular and you get a degree from fuggin Stanford to boot.

Amazing campus too. I think the farm is the largest acreage of any college campus in the world.

True story: I applied early decision to Stanford and was promptly rejected. When they sent the rejection letter, it was accompanied by an FAQ sheet of most common questions by rejected students.

Definitely the biggest in n America. I hate northern ca but Palo Alto and Stanford are pretty cool

So Shaw isn't a corch anymore??

Weren't you fools saying that not too long ago?

lol he's always been a solid coach. His record is impressive and he has had basically no drop off since Harbaugh left

Advertisement
Back