Staff

Advertisement
Yeah ... like the NFL. Dorsey is MORE than a QB coach .. he is the passing game coordinator .. that involves a lot more than coaching a QB. It brings in the WR's and the OL .. so basically the Passing Game Coordinator works with / directs the position coaches to a large degree in installing the offense and coaching / training the OL and WR's. He does game planning as well.
I don’t care if it is college or nfl, it’s still the same thing. He has not been the man to run the offense. A lot of guys have those titles, doesn’t mean he can that whole side of the ball by himself. Doesn’t mean he can’t either but I don’t want to experiment with that. Go prove it at another school bro.
****, Oregan’s D-line coach hold the title “running game coordinator” you want him as your OC?

Fit matters. Dorsey is a good fit because he can develop QB’s and we have an elite QB to be developed. Him working with TVD and Garcia makes them the best versions of themselves.

Also Miami can recruit elite TE’s and RB’s and we have those already on the roster so…an air raid is a terrible idea especially since we hired a coach whose specialty is OL

Pro concepts make sense with the personnel we have

Advertisement
No idea , I know he’s in though. I heard he was at Baby Gap trying on coaching khakis in Miami .
No idea , I know he’s in though. I heard he was at Baby Gap trying on coaching khakis in Miami .
😆 Oshkosh B’gosh that was funny. But I did see coach trying on shoes at Sawgrass tho.
1639335466323.gif

Fit matters. Dorsey is a good fit because he can develop QB’s and we have an elite QB to be developed. Him working with TVD and Garcia makes them the best versions of themselves.

Also Miami can recruit elite TE’s and RB’s and we have those already on the roster so…an air raid is a terrible idea especially since we hired a coach whose specialty is OL

What is a pro concept to you?

Air Raid is the west coast offense play book run out of 3, 4, and 5 receiver sets. They palsy’s are the same in concept, mesh, y cross, 4 verts, and smash/snag concepts all are west coast and air raid ideas that are fitted to the personnel sets.

When I hear “pro” I think split backs and power I.

Mario OL with a Briles offense would be a death sentence to college football. Never forget that they won a bowl game with no QB running.

I like Dorsey as an OC with recruiters at the positions and maybe a former OC somewhere on the staff.

Mario OL with a Briles offense would be a death sentence to college football. Never forget that they won a bowl game with no QB running.

I like Dorsey as an OC with recruiters at the positions and maybe a former OC somewhere on the staff.

I agree.

Advertisement
What is a pro concept to you?

Air Raid is the west coast offense play book run out of 3, 4, and 5 receiver sets. They palsy’s are the same in concept, mesh, y cross, 4 verts, and smash/snag concepts all are west coast and air raid ideas that are fitted to the personnel sets.

When I hear “pro” I think split backs and power I.

Not power I. Just saying…Run/pass balance, and using the TE.

Just saying we have NFL RB’s, TE’s and an NFL QB on the roster right now. And maybe 1 or 2 NFL receivers.

5 receiver sets isnt getting our best players on the field. We need Cheney, Knighton, Arroyo, and Mallory on the field as well as some of the young receivers

I’ve been thinking of doing this thread too! Thanks OP.
Would be cool to make one of those info-graphics similar to how we do for recruiting classes and maybe put it up top?
I don’t have the tech skills to pull off such a thing…

Advertisement
Another really underrated hire will be the RB’s coach.

If I’m in favor of retaining Hickson, but if it happens to be Jim Mastro he’s gonna have some question surrounding his ability to recruit high caliber RB’s in Florida.

The 23 class is absolutely STACKED with multiple high ranked 4/5-star RB’s, particularly in FL & we gotta get at least one of’em. I know everyone thinks it won’t matter because Mario, but tbh I wouldn’t assume that Mastro can just come down to Miami after never having recruited in FL before & just land an elite 5-star, easier said & imagined than done...

Aside from the OC hire, RB’s coach will be pretty big IMO specifically because the 23 class has some really good RB’s.
I don’t think he’s that impressive of a recruiter out west and he’s from Cali. He recruited Borghi at Wazzu who was a 3 star.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back