Staff offers 2016 LB/S from Delaware. Seriously.

Advertisement
How many times have we offer guys from south florida and the "insiders" and recruiting "guru" states it's not a "commitable" offer. How do you guys know if this is even an legit offer? Or do you just want something to cry about...

consider this scenario

1: new president is about to be announced
2: barring a ACC championship appearance or better, Golden is gone and his crew knows it.
3: just for pleasure, Al offers this "default" player to gauge reaction from the canes internet board.

WUT IF

... hi

The way Golden has been playing out his whole situation I wouldn't be surprised. We've seen him already out fox our BOT, President and AD.

Type of kid that goes to Boston College and becomes an All-American...#Swag16 Go Canes! Lol

Advertisement
This kid seems to have fullback or long snapper written all over him. I seriously doubt they'd offer him as a LB/S, but who knows with these guys.

When the kid starts to get offers from all over the place then people will complain that a Delaware kid turned us down to attend another school. "we cant even recruit delaware". let the coaches do there job and recruit.

That's quite the far-reaching strawman you presented there. This is Miami. No one here with a brain wants us recruiting Delaware. Especially for a LB/S hybrid, a position that grows on trees right in our own backyard.

And for those mentioning Reeder as a possible FB/HB, take a look at the highlights of the kid from Westminster Christian (John Raine) that Pete interviewed a couple weeks ago. Raine is 30 pounds bigger and looks like a far superior athlete playing against better competition than what can be found in Delaware. There is zero justification for this offer they extended 11 months from NSD.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4294795/highlights/210364375/v2

Advertisement
Someone post luke kuechly Highschool scout, not saying this kid is kuechly but don't be so quick to judge

When the kid starts to get offers from all over the place then people will complain that a Delaware kid turned us down to attend another school. "we cant even recruit delaware". let the coaches do there job and recruit.

That's quite the far-reaching strawman you presented there. This is Miami. No one here with a brain wants us recruiting Delaware. Especially for a LB/S hybrid, a position that grows on trees right in our own backyard.

And for those mentioning Reeder as a possible FB/HB, take a look at the highlights of the kid from Westminster Christian (John Raine) that Pete interviewed a couple weeks ago. Raine is 30 pounds bigger and looks like a far superior athlete playing against better competition than what can be found in Delaware. There is zero justification for this offer they extended 11 months from NSD.

He didn't say he was offered as a LB/S....he said as an athlete.

that boy look like the create a player character before any ratings got upgraded

Freshbrook-14.gif

First FBS offer and it's from Miami? LOL

So was Kaaya's ...Devil's advocate.

But seriously..i dont trust these dudes defense evaluations at all.......Especially ol boi Cole from Martin as our db coach.

We recruited older brother so i guess they had the relationship already....and they really wanted older bro.

You know these dues put emphasis on SIZE.....Kids almost 6'2-6'3 and sitting at 210..theyre all in on that....

I thought Randy was bad with evals at LB..(he laways looked for the next randy)...these dudes are even worse...got bad B8tches right in front of them twerking....and they'll be searching Backpage in the NY/NJ AREA.

Advertisement

He didn't say he was offered as a LB/S....he said as an athlete.

Reeder specified that he was offered as a defensive ATH (see here: http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1522831-first-offers-coming-for-reeder). At his size and lack of speed, he sure as **** isn't playing anything other than LB/S hybrid if he plays defense in college.

Someone post luke kuechly Highschool scout, not saying this kid is kuechly but don't be so quick to judge

Cuz he's white he must be like Luke Kuechly? Man you are dreaming!

Why don't you look up Kuechly's tape some time............that ish jumps off the screen at you. This Reeder guy looks more like me from high school (white guy from small town in Canada)................and that ain't good.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;KKYMsxUHhnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKYMsxUHhnA[/video]

Watch this video instead. Kid got speed and tackles with force.

If this was true, why are we the first FBS school to offer him?? Oh wait...it's b/c Golden and Co. is hopping on another one of those, diamonds in the rough before anyone else does, huh?

Did you guys ever stop and think that maybe Al offers kids out of state to draw attention to them and away from south florida recruits?

Did you guys ever stop and think that maybe Al offers kids out of state to draw attention to them and away from south florida recruits?

No. Because that doesn't make any sense on any level.

Opposing coaches aren't going to suddenly turn their attention away from South Florida savages located in America's recruiting hotbed to take a look at some under the radar LB/S from Delaware whose only FBS offer is from Al Golden.

While Golden and co. were busy looking at Reeder, FSU just landed a four-star JUCO LB commit who used to play at South Dade (Tyree Horton) who hasn't even been offered by Miami yet. They were way ahead of us with Rice (Norland) and Horton (South Dade), two LBs who are clearly superior to Reeder in every way imaginable from right in our own backyard. Those are the kids we need to be pursuing before anyone else, not some coal shoveler from Delaware.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's the uniform but looks like a Notre Dame kid

It's a private school. I'm from Delaware. I'm actually surprised he got a Miami offer. His older brother Troy Reeder is currently enrolled at Penn State. Delaware isn't on SF talent level, not many places but let's not act like Delaware are just a bunch of chumps that don't deserve big school offers. Anybody remember the Harris brothers? Orien and Kwame? Bunche? Also I seem to remember a school compared of Delaware players led by QB David Sills beating the **** out of Chaminade a couple years ago when Valentine was there. Salesianum(Reeders school) does go out of it's way to play a tougher schedule. Obviously not big time schedule but they do play a solid schedule. As far as Reeder, I watched him play a couple years ago in the state championship against Middletown, a school led by 3* QB Boston College Darius Wade and 4* WR Penn State Chris Godwin and it was the older Reeder brother dominating. Didn't hear much from Colby Reeder but he could've gotten better.

Advertisement
Back