staff landing spots

ball915

All-American
Richt cleaning house and where the previous staff is landing is extremely telling on our staff and how valued they are. Is there time left and will some of these guys land on their feet? Likely but they aren't being picked off as hot commodities. The 3 that have landed elsewhere are all demotions or setbacks in their career.

Golden - unemployed
Coley - UGA WR's (demotion)
Beard - undetermined
Scott - undetermined and rumored to stay (no longer on website though)
Kehoe - unemployed
Harris - unemployed
D'Onfrio - unemployed
Melvin - Purdue DL (demotion worthy)
H.Brown - unemployed
K.Brown - undetermined
Williams - Illinois DB's (demotion worthy)

Advertisement
these guys are trash. at least we are going from coaches who say our best players were muhammed wilkerson and Jaquan Jarrett over and over to AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Todd Gurley, matthew stafford, john houston,etc.

Advertisement
Not a surprise. We all knew that we had inferior coaches - this just continues to prove what we already knew. Did anyone think any of these coaches would get good jobs or even take lateral moves?

How many coach's can we have compared to how many are hired?
I'm guessing we have room for 2 more maybe 3

Advertisement
Richt cleaning house and where the previous staff is landing is extremely telling on our staff and how valued they are. Is there time left and will some of these guys land on their feet? Likely but they aren't being picked off as hot commodities. The 3 that have landed elsewhere are all demotions or setbacks in their career.

Golden - unemployed
Coley - UGA WR's (demotion)
Beard - undetermined
Scott - undetermined and rumored to stay (no longer on website though)
Kehoe - unemployed
Harris - unemployed
D'Onfrio - unemployed
Melvin - Purdue DL (demotion worthy)
H.Brown - unemployed
K.Brown - undetermined
Williams - Illinois DB's (demotion worthy)

This is rather alarming I think Scott will find a job if not retained

Scott and Beard will find a job. Golden might, but nowhere NEAR the level of UM.

Dorito will be lucky to find a fob coaching division 3 as a coordinator. He may get a lb gig somewhere but I don't know how likely that is at this point.

Advertisement
Scott was the one guy on the staff who showed anything.

Walford got way better. Njoku developed and will be a beast. Herndon got better and is still improving.

The fate of the coaches that have come through Miami the last 10 years tells all you need to know about why the program is where it is right now. Very few have gone on to further their careers. Almost all went backwards in their careers and haven't been heard from since. Ironically, the most successful might be Coker, who found the perfect job at UT San Antonio.

Anyone remember Patrick Nix?

Dorito will be lucky to find a fob coaching division 3 as a coordinator. He may get a lb gig somewhere but I don't know how likely that is at this point.

I dont think he will even get a LB gig because he was/is a terrible recruiter. And as a LB coach you have to be able to recruit. Being a Dcoordinator you can be a prick and a terrible recruiter because it isn't a big responsibility for you. Now since he sucked as a D coordinator as well now he's rlly screwed.

Advertisement
I thought our WRs all looked better this year than before Beard got here.
Scott was the one guy on the staff who showed anything.

Walford got way better. Njoku developed and will be a beast. Herndon got better and is still improving.

The fate of the coaches that have come through Miami the last 10 years tells all you need to know about why the program is where it is right now. Very few have gone on to further their careers. Almost all went backwards in their careers and haven't been heard from since. Ironically, the most successful might be Coker, who found the perfect job at UT San Antonio.

Anyone remember Patrick Nix?

Nah, there's been some coaches who moved on to bigger and better things, but none of them rose to the top of the profession like people from Butch's staff did.

Fisch - NFl, now QB coach and passing game coordinator for Harbaugh.
Wesley McGriff- DB coach with the Saints now
Stoutland - went to Alabama and then the Eagles. Now out of a job but will get snatched up quickly.
Barrow - now coaching LB's for Pete Carroll
Tim Walton - got FIRED by Randy Shannon, ended up an NFL DC, and has been coaching in the NFL for like 6 or 7 years straight now

There's been some decent to good coaches that have come through here in the past decade. All were made to look worse than they really were by ****** head coaches who didn't know how to run a program.

The staff from the past two years was very bad though.

I'm interested to see what happens to Swasey. I doubt he gets to be a head football S&C guy at a power 5 school ever again. Maybe an olympic sports guy.

Thank you ball915 for that clarification. We should go back and look at th previous regimes. Mark Whipple is a HC at UMass. Dan Werner is the CO-OC of QBs at Miss. Rich Olsen OC-QBs at ASU. On the Dfense Tim Walton is DBs coach with the Giants (who is horrible vs the pass). Bill Young is the DC-Tulsa. Patrick Nix is a high school coach. John Lovett is DB coach for Cal.

So out of the all of the ones mentioned above we have Coker at UT San Antonio (on the hot seat) and Whipple at UMass. Nix back in high school.

Tells you about the former state of The U. Anyone I left out feel free didn't get into special teams, DBs , O Line or DL. Jethro Franklin is coaching the DL at Oakland/ LA Raiders.

Swasey will be at a Division 3 program. Once it gets out after 15 years he couldn't pass his certification exam will be the kiss of death.

Advertisement
Back