Staff Changes - 1/3 PM Update

View as article
Like Fedora, he's a failed HC.

Thankfully we're not asking him to be a HC.
The two aren't actually all that comparable.

Fedora is 79-62 as a HC with success at 2 programs in Southern Miss & UNC, and was an established OC before he became a HC, plus he had multiple options after being fired from UNC. FSU tried to hire him & he very well could end up the HC for Temple or another school.

Applewhite is 15-11 as a HC & was questionable as an OC before he was HC at Houston, didn't really have any options on the table aside from Manny throwing him life raft, which is something to me...

I'm willing to see how it works, but I'm cautious due to the fact I've seen from multiple people both Texas & Houston fans saying some really interesting things about him as a play caller, I hope it works out for us though.

And yes I know he'll be better than Mark, Lil Jon or Thomas Brown, that goes without saying lol.

Advertisement
Does Applewhite have that kinda clout in Tx?

Major is the human embodiment of the movie Rudy. The media fawning over him and over the top tough guy dramatics during the Simms QB battle at UT was too much for some of us. But there are a lot of bubba head coaches over here who eat that **** up, too. I’m skeptical that it plays in Florida, personally, where people seem to be more cynical than many Texans. There are certainly lots of QBs in the state of Texas who he should have some connections with. Many of the best Texas QBs have not been the high profile recruits but guys who are accurate and smart. We will see if he can find them. Forget Kyler and Stafford types, I would kill for a Charlie Brewer at Miami. Hopeful Jarren can be someone like that in a competent scheme.

7th
14th
30th

Brian Wright as an OC fielding better offenses than Assh0lewipe. Good call by Manny.

Advertisement
If Brian White would save us some money to throw at top assistants, I'm all for it.
Problem is we don’t know if Miami will actually spend the surplus in money. They should be swimming in it right now considering the hires on the defensive side of the ball and mannys contract

I don't like missing on offers, but I had two major issues with Fedora:

1) He was going to be one-and-done with Miami - would have lasted maybe one full year then he would have taken the next HC opening at a power 5 school. Not exactly the position you want to be in for recruits and your starting QB
2) Fedora is an absolute alpha male and I believe he would eventually clash with Diaz. Don't care how close they are - Fedora is a presence and he would have wanted to own the room at times.

On grading, our OC last year would get an F-

If we had a grade of just C, we most likely turn that 4 game losing streak into 4 wins. That’s how bad the offense was. It had to be the worst offensive season that I can remember.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The two aren't actually all that comparable.

Fedora is 79-62 as a HC with success at 2 programs in Southern Miss & UNC, and was an established OC before he became a HC, plus he had multiple options after being fired from UNC. FSU tried to hire him & he very well could end up the HC for Temple or another school.

Applewhite is 15-11 as a HC & was questionable as an OC before he was HC at Houston, didn't really have any options on the table aside from Manny throwing him life raft, which is something to me...

I'm willing to see how it works, but I'm cautious due to the fact I've seen from multiple people both Texas & Houston fans saying some really interesting things about him as a play caller, I hope it works out for us though.

And yes I know he'll be better than Mark, Lil Jon or Thomas Brown, that goes without saying lol.
I think Fedora is toxic and is only being recruited by Temple to spite the Canes.

I think Applewhite is a good OC, but lost his team in Houston because apparently he's a petty ****.

Nothing makes me laugh more than some of you **** faces assigning letter grades to everything.

"Eh, hmm, let's see, I've got Applewhite at around a B-."

You realize he's hiring these people to call offensive plays not be the head coach?

El Jefe has been very deliberate in the type of offense he wants to run. So far, everyone that has surfaced is more than capable of delivering on what his vision is for the offense. Repeat it is his vision not theirs.

Advertisement
I’m talking about the defense behind Blake baker. Applewhite if he indeed is the candidate will handle the offense . I dont Think people realize how bas our offense was. There were highschool offenses more complex than ours
Absolutely right. Being better than last year is a given. But that bar needs to be much, much higher.

Manny said he was humbled and overwhelmed by the amount of OCs wanting the job.

If that’s the case, how is fedora and Applegate top 2?

Advertisement
Back