Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

View as article
As for Temple, that should be Todd Orlando’s job if he wants it. They’d be retarded to hire Fedora over Orlando.
Agreed on Orlando. He's a PA guy. Has done a great job transforming UT's D here in Austin and if he actually has aspirations of being a Major D-1 HC, the Temple job is a really nice stepping stone.

Advertisement
As for Temple, that should be Todd Orlando’s job if he wants it. They’d be retarded to hire Fedora over Orlando.

If you're Diaz would you wait for that decision to shake out before moving on from Fedora?

Wouldn't be the best look to get caught with you **** in your hand on your first major hire.

I’m starting to lean towards Applewhite. I’d hate to wait til next week to be turned down by fedora. Then we’d have to scramble to get our position coaches in place and on the road
This a yukky development for sure, leaving us between HardRock and a Place we don't want to be. If we don't wait on Fedora and sign Apple now/soon, the uproar and second-guessing will be loud (perhaps justifiably, if Apple isn't the apple of our eye.)

But if we wait till next week and Fedora chooses Temple, we are also fooked. Sigh.

I’m always hesitant on guys who had a good rep 5 years ago but disappeared to obscurity.

Remember all the great plaudits about Jethro Franklin from the bozos on here? USC, bro!! NFL, bro!! Yeah, but why’s he on the scrap heap RIGHT NOW when we are hiring him?

Yep, I agree. Someone else mentioned that TT's son is at Ark St and that's why he's there. That just doesn't seem to jibe with someone like TT who was/is a savage recruiter. You'd think other SEC schools would have come calling but instead, he's been toiling in Ark State and he's that much farther removed from his 2006-2007 top recruiter titles. Maybe Antron Wright is still out there to hire? lulz

This a yukky development for sure, leaving us between HardRock and a Place we don't want to be. If we don't wait on Fedora and sign Apple now/soon, the uproar and second-guessing will be loud (perhaps justifiably, if Apple isn't the apple of our eye.)

But if we wait till next week and Fedora chooses Temple, we are also fooked. Sigh.

We’re ****ed right before dead period ends

I’d tell Larry to **** or get off the pot

Advertisement
Don’t get excited about the administration. They have not changed. Manny, who might work out, was a lazy easy hire like others have been. Now, if they had made serious run at Urban, then you could think something. He would not have taken it but they never even thought about him, I’m sure.

Look I was ****ed they hired Diaz and never called Babers. That being said I have no problem with Banda moving back to coach the safeties. We've gotten good production out of Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter, Sheldrick Redwine and Jacquan Johnson. Amari Carter and Gurvan Hall should be more than adequate replacements and the next good to great tandum next year. Patke did a nice job coaching up the striker position. Diaz thinks they are both bright guys. Diaz has enough confidence in Baker to call the defense. Smart move on Diaz's part.

You bring in Fedora, Seider, and Taylor and you are cooking with gas on offense. These guys aren't coming in at a discount. Bring in a quality OL coach and we are in a much better position than we've been staff-wise in a long, long time.

Ive got to hand it to Fedora's agent who played this too **** well.

His name was leaked so fast for the OC gig and got such positive buzz. Fedora is somehow getting HC buzz already after the UNC disaster.

Somewhere in Vegas Jon Gruden is very proud. They gotta have the same agent.

Advertisement
Sorry for posting so much, but this is addictive. So: Let's say YOU are the AD or someone even stronger behind the scenes:

Would you tell Diaz: Give Fedora until Monday or Tuesday of next week; we like him t Hat much?

Would you tell Diaz: Let Fedora know he has to decide by 6PM tonight or the offer is yanked?

Temple isn’t even doing interviews until next week and they want a coach that wants to be at temple long time not someone that wants to leave for other jobs. Reading this article makes me think it’s total bs that they have offered fedora.

http://www.philly.com/college-sport...-search-manny-diaz-todd-orlando-20190103.html
If that's what they want Golden is their man. Fedora will want a Big12 job most of all but any power 5 school will do because he wants to prove himself again

Advertisement
Sorry for posting so much, but this is addictive. So: Let's say YOU are the AD or someone even stronger behind the scenes:

Would you tell Diaz: Give Fedora until Monday or Tuesday of next week; we like him t Hat much?

Would you tell Diaz: Let Fedora know he has to decide by 6PM tonight or the offer is yanked?

We need an answer by Friday so he has a few days to get the staff together and a game plan for recruiting before next Thursday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back