Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

View as article
Fedora is 57, he’s probably got one more shot as a HC

He goes to Temple and ***** up, he’s not gonna get another chance at a big time program

But if he comes here and lights it up like expected, he’s gonna be in demand by much larger programs

Why go to Temple and try to win with ****** recruits when he couldn’t win with UNC ones?

Advertisement
If that is the case, it means he was productive.

Sure but if this offense continues to struggle and we don't have a QB, I can see him bolting for a HC job. That said, I do think he stays here for 2 years.

Advertisement

He goes to Temple and ***** up, he’s not gonna get another chance at a big time program

But if he comes here and lights it up like expected, he’s gonna be in demand by much larger programs

Why go to Temple and try to win with ****** recruits when he couldn’t win with UNC ones?

In Temple, Fedora has to win to move up. At Miami, he needs to fix this Offense. There’s a big difference. At Miami, Fedora would be gone in a year or two.

Advertisement
Did Fedora get a buyout from North Carolina. Sometimes the college doesn’t have to pay the whole amount if he takes another head coaching job, but the do have to pay if he takes a coordinator job?

I think Fedora is looking at the state of each teams players to make a decision. If he needs to succeed in 1-2 years to jump to his next job, the players need to be in place now for him to win. While we look good at RB and TE, our QB and O-Line don’t appear ready to win. Our WR position is just depleated. I have no idea what kind of players he would inherit at Temple. I understand a new scheme brings a different life to the offense, but is it enough to for Fedora to get back on track (quickly) for his next HC opportunity?

Fedora waiting on Temple makes sense. Manny just proved that DC/OC at UM looks at Temple HC as a step up, especially if you're trying to get a P5 HC job.

Hopefully Fedora realizes he's in a different spot than Manny in his career. The typical rebuilding path for someone in his spot is to get a coordinator job and prove they're still a top option. If you go to a small school like Temple, you can get pigeonholed as not good enough for P5. Our offense is literally pure upside compared to last season.

that was diaz FIRST HC job and in a year where not too many power 5 jobs are available.

if fedora came here and cleaned up house on offense he would have a great shot at a power 5 job within 2 years

Would we be getting an energized, exuberant Trooper Taylor or the Arkansas State Trooper Taylor looking for a huge raise and to coast like so many others we’ve hired on the downsides of their careers?

He's been at Ark St for 4 years. That's a head scratcher. Why the move there after his rep was super high back in his SEC days?

Advertisement
Did Fedora get a buyout from North Carolina. Sometimes the college doesn’t have to pay the whole amount if he takes another head coaching job, but the do have to pay if he takes a coordinator job?
yes, reportedly something like 2.4M a year, so salary isn't as huge maybe as getting a high paid good staff and winning. There is an offset, although (reportedly) no "must look for work" clause.

This may have already been said but what this tells me is that coaches see we have talent and want in. It'll look good on their resume when they "turn" our team around, when in reality they're doing their job with top teir talent.

Advertisement
That's what I've been wondering myself.

I'm most curious to see who the TE and OL coaches are... Pannunzio from Bama for TE/Special Teams would be a beastly hire but more of a pipe dream at this point.

Barry Jackson just said Coley and Thomas would love to come to Miami as OC and WR coach but neither has been contacted yet

At Temple he had to dominate because he isn't an up and comer he has a decade in this so there's no wait. He has to score 30 a game with a team ready to do that now here. It's obvious for me I just wish he saw that

Advertisement
Back