Staff Changes - 1/3 AM Update

View as article
Advertisement
100%. I think if Temple offered Fedora the job then he would take it. But I can’t imagine Temple wanting to give the job to someone who will potentially leave after a year. They’ve had a lot of turnover and I think Fran would give them someone that will stick around longer.
I disagree as he could want to bring UM back on O and after 2 years take a big time job of at least UNC's caliber . Temple is a step down from UNC.

Personally I want Applewhite over Fedora. Both have names that make me LOL, but Applewhite is going to know Briles' scheme in and out and that will help us keep beating those asshats in Tally. That's something that seems to be overlooked on here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Personally I want Applewhite over Fedora. Both have names that make me LOL, but Applewhite is going to know Briles' scheme in and out and that will help us keep beating those asshats in Tally. That's something that seems to be overlooked on here.
And know Herman’s scheme too

I disagree as he could want to bring UM back on O and after 2 years take a big time job of at least UNC's caliber . Temple is a step down from UNC.
The Temple job will just land him another UNC type gig.

If he proved that he could power this Miami offense into the CFB. He would land something better than a UNC job.

Doing some research on Applewhite:

In early 2013, Applewhite admitted he was disciplined by the University of Texas for "having an inappropriate relationship with a student at the 2009 Fiesta Bowl." The student was employed by the football team as an athletic trainer. Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds reprimanded Applewhite by freezing his salary and requiring him to undergo counseling. In a public statement Applewhite commented on the affair: "Several years ago, I made a regretful decision resulting in behavior that was totally inappropriate. It was a one-time occurrence and was a personal matter. ... Through counsel I have worked with my wife and the incident is behind us. I am regretful for my mistake and humbled by this experience. I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment it has caused my friends, family, and the University."The revelation occurred in the wake of investigation into Texas track coach Beverly Kearney's relationship with a student athlete. "

Advertisement

In early 2013, Applewhite admitted he was disciplined by the University of Texas for "having an inappropriate relationship with a student at the 2009 Fiesta Bowl." The student was employed by the football team as an athletic trainer. Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds reprimanded Applewhite by freezing his salary and requiring him to undergo counseling. In a public statement Applewhite commented on the affair: "Several years ago, I made a regretful decision resulting in behavior that was totally inappropriate. It was a one-time occurrence and was a personal matter. ... Through counsel I have worked with my wife and the incident is behind us. I am regretful for my mistake and humbled by this experience. I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment it has caused my friends, family, and the University."The revelation occurred in the wake of investigation into Texas track coach Beverly Kearney's relationship with a student athlete. "

i'm sold. bring on applewhite.

Applewhite is starting to grow on me

Advertisement
LOL bro you need to understand the Trooper. He's a bagman with the gift of the gab.
It's time to graduate, UM fans. We can't compete with Clemson or Alabaga without guys like this. It's the new era.
FYI: add Tennessee and Auburn to your list as well.

I'm with this guy. Tired of the "safe hires". Lets go for it all! We will never compete with Bama and Clemson $$$ wise so lets beat them with the resources we have. The fact that coaches like TTaylor and Seider reached out wanting to be on the staff shows this is still a destination job!

Its Miami dammit! And we reminded people 2 years ago what happens to college football when Miami is relevant again. It was a teaser but we had the whole nation rocking and we were the talk of the town. People thought it wasn't possible anymore. We proved it was. Lets not mess this up! Go Get'em!

826CF1E0-3C60-4321-BDB5-9B059E2DB3A5.gif

Advertisement
Back