Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

View as article
Why does that bother you?

If they're hiring a HC out of spite then more fool them.

There are other OCs out there. We'll find a good one - Diaz clearly isn't going to settle.
I hope so. It's more my aversion to us hiring Applewhite than being dead set on Fedora, although I'd be thrilled if we got him.

Advertisement
Because there is a strong likelihood that if it never leaked out that Manny wanted Fedora, Temple wouldn't even have Fedora on their radar. This is a move out of spite.

Which would make it even more boss. But no, Temple isn't going to hire a guy to be the steward of their football program, flush-away a couple million dollars out of spite. The adult world, where actual men have real roles and responsibilities usually doesn't work that way. You can rest easy that that those charged with finding a head football coach for Temple University knew who Fedora was long before MD was even on a plane to Philly.

Why is now Temple supposedly linked to Fedora if he wasn’t involved prior to them going after Diaz?

Agree with this. Maybe Fedoras savvy agent is throwing this against the wall to up his asking price. At this point, it seems like we are a fall back plan in case a good HC job doesn’t become available. Which I’m fine with. Only makes sense to make sure a good HC job and an interested party doesn’t show itself in the next few days before jumping at a guaranteed gig in our OC job.

Advertisement
Which would make it even more boss. But no, Temple isn't going to hire a guy to be the steward of their football program, flush-away a couple million dollars out of spite. The adult world, where actual men have real roles and responsibilities usually doesn't work that way. You can rest easy that that those charged with finding a head football coach for Temple University knew who Fedora was long before MD was even on a plane to Philly.
Yeah, clearly they've heard of him. But the fact that Temple interviewed Manny, Don Brown, Todd Orlando, and Greg Schiano - 3 of whom remain available - tells you that they weren't too keen on Fedora. Until now. It doesn't take a genius to see that this newfound alleged interest just so happens to coincide with Miami showing interest, too.

Yeah, clearly they've heard of him. But the fact that Temple interviewed Manny, Don Brown, Todd Orlando, and Greg Schiano - 3 of whom remain available - tells you that they weren't too keen on Fedora. Until now. It doesn't take a genius to see that this newfound alleged interest just so happens to coincide with Miami showing interest, too.

But any genius would understand that temporal correlation does not imply causation.

Because there is a strong likelihood that if it never leaked out that Manny wanted Fedora, Temple wouldn't even have Fedora on their radar. This is a move out of spite.
Disagree. The list of Head Coaches just fired is hardly any big secret. In fact, if Manny had stayed with Temple, I'm sure James and our BoT would've at least taken a look at Fedora for UM.

Advertisement
Disagree. The list of Head Coaches just fired is hardly any big secret.
Then why wasn't he brought in for an interview when they interviewed four other candidates? He was fired over a month ago.

Let's hope it's just smoke. I have yet to see a substantive report indicating Temple is interested, just speculation.

Why choose? Hester (college/national background) comes in as the strength and conditioning coach..... Simpson (High School / College / NFL) remains D-line coach ..... Bo (NFL / College) comes in as assistant strength-and-conditioning and assistant d-line coach..... problem solved.

Advertisement
From Stack

"Kurt Hester is the head strength and conditioning coach at Louisiana Tech. Prior to that, he served as D1’s director of training. In addition, he is an active strength and speed consultant for Florida State, Tennessee, Illinois, Ole Miss, Alabama, Nicholls State, Grambling State and Miami. Prior to D1, Hester ran and owned HS2 Athletic Performance in New Orleans, where he turned out more than 400 collegiate scholarship athletes and trained more than 50 NFL Draft picks. He also trained numerous MLB Draft picks, high school All-Americans, state championship teams and collegiate national track & field finalists. A graduate of Tulane University, Hester was inducted into the Strength Coach Hall of Fame, and he holds certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, United States Weightlifting and the Speed, Agility and Conditioning Association."
WOW. Please sign. Us signing him hopefully stops him from consulting FSWho and Alabaga

Felder ran one of the 5 slowest 40's in NFL combine history.

I'm not even sure why I'm sharing that but it's bothered me ever since we hired him and now seems like a really good time to pile on.

Advertisement
Hester looks to have the better and deeper resume at S&C. Director at D1. Requisite certs: CSCS and USWA. Did time on staff at LSU, but left when Moffit got there. Just a real deep resume specific to S&C.

Davis is pretty much a D line guy - that also had a 3 year asst. S&C role - he was directly under Moffit. That exp. is dated (10 years ago). Lots of NFL line coach exp. Great pedigree under Tommy - but again dated.

That's my field of work - so an educated pick would lean towards Hester.

Advertisement
Back