Staff Changes - 1/2 PM Update

With all due respect to Tweed, as I always appreciate his insight on the board whether I agree with it or not..

Tweed also was signing Thomas Brown’s praises a year ago and he was exposed as a horrible coach this year and a guy who was probably our most overpaid guy on the staff. I’m not saying it’s unacceptable to think Cooney would be a good hire, but based on what nycane and Brooklyn have said about him and his agenda to push Dugans into playing Wiggins heavily over other guys that were better players, I do not like whatsoever. After Richt I’m tired of the political games that coaching staffs play.
Brown wasn't a bad coach at all, just a total douche

Advertisement
Only problem hiring a guy with a limited background is you wind up with a staff loaded with guys from Louisiana Tech.

Bo Davis’s name rings a bell. Is he the guy who got in trouble at Alabaga?

He was hit with a show cause and has been in exile since.

I believe he can come back starting in 2019, so this makes sense. His a good DL coach.

Advertisement
With all due respect to Tweed, as I always appreciate his insight on the board whether I agree with it or not..

Tweed also was signing Thomas Brown’s praises a year ago and he was exposed as a horrible coach this year and a guy who was probably our most overpaid guy on the staff. I’m not saying it’s unacceptable to think Cooney would be a good hire, but based on what nycane and Brooklyn have said about him and his agenda to push Dugans into playing Wiggins heavily over other guys that were better players, I do not like whatsoever. After Richt I’m tired of the political games that coaching staffs play.

You really have no clue and no understanding of context.

You must be really young, maybe better insight will come with age and experience.

I will take Tweed’s opinion any day over yours. At least his has a basis in fact and real world experience. 99% of the people that post here are talking out of their *** from their basements. Guess whose opinion I’m going to give greater weight to.

The fact that Manny is effectively taking a promotion away from his buddies (which is the right move, IMO) speaks volumes about Richt's level of motivation before he ultimately decided to retire. Dude was clearly done. He couldn't even be bothered to conduct a search.

Yes this is starting to become very evident. Richt was going to just keep the same staff on offense to. Shocking. We have to give Blake credit for actually forcing him into a decision. Richt chose to quit. Good riddance

Advertisement
You really have no clue and no understanding of context.

You must be really young, maybe better insight will come with age and experience.

I will take Tweed’s opinion any day over yours. At least his has a basis in fact and real world experience. 99% of the people that post here are talking out of their *** from their basements. Guess whose opinion I’m going to give greater weight to.
You realize brooklyndee and tweed have opinions that are 100% opposite of each other’s about cooney right?

Just because tweed speaks his opinion(which I value tremendously & appreciate him bringing to the board) doesn’t mean it is always accurate.

Based on what brooklyndee has said about cooney as well as a few others I have a very hard time supporting cooney.

Maybe what I’m valuing is not as factual as I’ve been lead to believe but with the evidence I’ve beem informed and read of, I am not a fan of cooney as a coach.

Recruiting coordinator I could warm up to that idea, but I don’t like him as someone who is in charge of who plays and coaching kids.

Why not just bring Andreu Swasey back as the S&C Coach
giphy-1.gif

I was singing Brown’s praises in the recruiting department as he was the main reason which separated Miami from the pack with Lo. I would’ve had zero clue as to how he was behind the scenes & during practice. Without throwing anyone under the bus, I will say that the recruiter was completely different than the coach. Clearly I wasn’t happy with the playing time, but hindsight is always 20/20. And you basically just said that you don’t like Cooney based off of what Dee said he was upset about in regards to B’s playing time. That’s a very isolated situation.

If Cooney can’t deliver guys like Stevenson then he shouldn’t work here. That’s why he was hired. He’s supposed to have those ins with locals. Same reason Rumph should be booted. He totally failed to acquire the guys he should have acquired.
He helped deliver Pope, Wiggins & had a lot to do with Cam Davis as well, plus 2020 WR Marcus Fleming.

Stevenson is Banda's target, I'm not saying that Cooney doesn't have influence & is involved with trying to get Ty, but you can't tell me we're laying the responsibility of landing a 4/5-star DB at the feet of a guy who was an offensive coach in HS & was QC support since being at Miami. Not landing Stevenson falls on Banda more than anyone.

There's other prospects in the 2020,21 etc classes that Cooney will have a part in bringing in. People might not like Cooney but his situation isn't comparable to Rumph. Rumph actually gets paid a big salary to both recruit & coach Corners, Cooney had no real pliability as a Quality control coach, his new role as recruiting coordinator is perfect for him.

Advertisement
I was singing Brown’s praises in the recruiting department as he was the main reason which separated Miami from the pack with Lo. I would’ve had zero clue as to how he was behind the scenes & during practice. Without throwing anyone under the bus, I will say that the recruiter was completely different than the coach. Clearly I wasn’t happy with the playing time, but hindsight is always 20/20. And you basically just said that you don’t like Cooney based off of what Dee said he was upset about in regards to B’s playing time. That’s a very isolated situation.

Lets just hope the toxic nature of things are in the rearview mirror. There's a reason the whole offensive staff (even the effective coaches) had to go...

Hope lo is doing good with his recovery tweed.

Totally agree and while yes B’s situation had some affect on what I thought of Cooney, when Dee said he had recordings of Cooney blantantly saying he didn’t care about what happened to with anyone else other than his Southridge kids(Pope&Wiggins) that didn’t sit well with me.

If that’s not true, then I would re-evaluate my opinion. However I don’t think it’s unacceptable to think he would be a bad hire, or a good hire for that matter.

I know he is very plugged in throughout Dade as well as heavily being involved in 7 on 7. Hence why I am much happier if he becomes the recruiting coordinator rather than an offensive QC guy or even worse an On-Field Coach.

Advertisement
Hester had a gig on Jackass

Attachments

• 40D90E5B-F74E-441A-AC88-DD110D82E356.jpeg
    40D90E5B-F74E-441A-AC88-DD110D82E356.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
Advertisement
Back