Stadium

texascane12

Freshman
I know I know, we've heard this a thousand times...

But, with Manny's dad being the former Mayor of Miami, do you all think, with some success, that Manny has a greater chance of getting a stadium built due to his apparent stronger political pull in Miami? I went to the Notre Dame game in 2017 and Hard Rock competed with every college stadium I've been to in terms of atmosphere (last Miami game I went to was in Sun Life with ~25,000 people there). Would you all prefer a stadium in, say Tropical Park or keep playing at Hard Rock?

Advertisement

But, with Manny's dad being the former Mayor of Miami, do you all think, with some success, that Manny has a greater chance of getting a stadium built due to his apparent stronger political pull in Miami? I went to the Notre Dame game in 2017 and Hard Rock competed with every college stadium I've been to in terms of atmosphere (last Miami game I went to was in Sun Life with ~25,000 people there). Would you all prefer a stadium in, say Tropical Park or keep playing at Hard Rock?
Permaban

Advertisement
u8oa2.jpg

After the renovations, I'm personally totally content with hard rock and think it's a positive at this point because attendance seems to be better and I'm sure recruits love playing in a stadium that nice, the only complaint would be location. I doubt the powers that be will be willing to fork over hundreds of millions simply for a location change as well as a buyout for a contract that's good through the year 3500. Not happening.

Advertisement

Yea let’s cater to 12000 students at the expense of the other 60,000 people who actually go to games.

Good plan.

No way a stadium is put in tropical park lmao

To be honest with the upgrades to the rock, when it fills out it’s really a cool place to play. Since the marlins are blowing so bad I’m curious if we could start playing some games at marlins park.

Why ... so that you can twist your neck and watch from 800 feet away for 3 hours in a **** baseball stadium ???

While we have one of the best stadiums in CFB..

No - there's nowhere to build in Coral Gables and almost nowhere to build within 20 miles of campus. Hard Rock has turned into an established home-field advantage for Miami and the tailgating is second to none. Don't ***** with what's working.

Advertisement
I want to stay at The Rock. We have a legit home field advantage when a crowd turns out. Look at the ND, VT & FSU games. Sure, getting your own stadium would be nice but for now I am not seeing us having any luck.

His father was part of the problem, giving the Marlins the Orange Bowl and allowing that ridiculous baseball stadium to be built.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/m...eballs-all-star-game-by-26-billion-2017-07-10

Advertisement
No - there's nowhere to build in Coral Gables and almost nowhere to build within 20 miles of campus. Hard Rock has turned into an established home-field advantage for Miami and the tailgating is second to none. Don't ***** with what's working.
This was more a question to see if everyone was still interested in the idea of having our own stadium given how great the rock is. As I said, I went to the Notre Dame game and believe it was the best atmosphere I've witnessed at a college football game, having been to the Iron Bowl at Baga, many games at A&M and Texas, Tennessee, among others. I know this idea has been talked about ad nauseam

The whole sad thing about this thread is that this is just 1 of about 5 that we are going to get this off-season. I truly don't understand why we continue to get this.

This was more a question to see if everyone was still interested in the idea of having our own stadium. As I said, I went to the Notre Dame game and believe it was the best atmosphere I've witnessed at a college football game, having been to the Iron Bowl at Baga, many games at A&M and Texas, Tennessee, among others. I know this idea has been talked about ad nauseam

So having a stadium of "your own" is going to make it better? Do you think the University is going to be able to fund a stadium that will make it a better destination then what they currently have right now?

The way I see it, they are Leasing a Maserati.
If they were to buy (get a stadium say at Tropical Park) it would be like owning a Honda Accord.

Advertisement
Back