Stadium Progress

Nobody is working on the workzone cam right now. Haven't seen any progress in 10+ minutes.

Advertisement
Sod going down.jpg

Advertisement
I gotta admit, it looks nice. I hated sun life but this looks better than I expected. The roof looks like it's right on top of you. The place will be loud.

Advertisement
There is a guy detailing my car right now. It doesn't look like he'll be done in time for the FAMU game, so I'm going to start walking to Orlando now.

There is a guy detailing my car right now. It doesn't look like he'll be done in time for the FAMU game, so I'm going to start walking to Orlando now.

Where yuh walking from? My friend can pick you up at mile marker 224 on the Turnpike if your walking north.

There's no way they'll have all the sod down, rooted, and the field painted in time for FAMU. Jacksonville here we come.

Advertisement
This is shot done at noon from the webcam. Things will change with the season, but it's close. The cloth will take out the shadows from the scaffolding.

8956_archive_20160731120000_neCxcnDc.jpg

Cloth?? This is not the coliseum in Rome. I suspect it will be stronger material than that.

Going to be interesting to see how the grass does without the amount of sun it normally gets.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Grounds crew knows what they're doing.

Hmmm no grass in the endzones... did they run out?

serius though. I think some schools use field turf for the endzone if they want to swap out different designs. With there be a design for UM and one for the Dolphins?

Going to be interesting to see how the grass does without the amount of sun it normally gets.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Grounds crew knows what they're doing.

Hmmm no grass in the endzones... did they run out?

serius though. I think some schools use field turf for the endzone if they want to swap out different designs. With there be a design for UM and one for the Dolphins?

Minnesota Vikings/Gophers did it while they were playing at TCF Bank Stadium the past couple of years. The paint is easier to scrub off after every game.

Advertisement
whatever they use to cover this will/should be strong enough to withstand hurricane force winds both from actual storms and from us canes!

Advertisement
Back