Stadium Progress

This may be a silly question, but is there any concern about the impact the panels will have on the grass growing inside the stadium due to lack of constant sunlight? Or will there be enough throughout the day that it isn't an issue?
Grow lights for the shady areas.

Advertisement
This may be a silly question, but is there any concern about the impact the panels will have on the grass growing inside the stadium due to lack of constant sunlight? Or will there be enough throughout the day that it isn't an issue?

You can't grow lights though. They'd need to be purchased and then assembled.

You can buy assembled lights which is what I suspect they are going to do to make sure this place is ready for the FAU game. There is no way it will be ready for FAMU.

You can buy assembled lights which is what I suspect they are going to do to make sure this place is ready for the FAU game. There is no way it will be ready for FAMU.

This is a joke, right?

Advertisement

We need Kaaya to will it to get done in time.

Are all those open rafters on the canopy going to be covered, or only the part that's already covered? Are they done with the canopy?

I'm hoping they cover it up completely. If not, those shadows may be annoying for the players.

It kind of reminds me of the old Texas Stadium

Capture5675.JPG

[MENTION=1458]De Pinga[/MENTION] what have I told you about downvoting my **** nig9a

Advertisement

I also suspect you can buy assembled lights instead of having to grow them.

You're 100% correct, the stadium won't be ready for FAMU. Installing ten panels, rolling out turf, and sweeping up will take at least a month.

Good thing we have you around to give us the real scoop so we can plan accordingly.

Advertisement
Are all those open rafters on the canopy going to be covered, or only the part that's already covered? Are they done with the canopy?

I'm hoping they cover it up completely. If not, those shadows may be annoying for the players.

It kind of reminds me of the old Texas Stadium

View attachment 37140

Thought they were going to finish the edge section with a translucent material.. as in let light through but not rain for the closest seats to the field. It would also soften up the harsh shadows a bit.

Advertisement
but no doubt the shaddows will be a pain in the *** for noon kicks. Cameras have a difficult time following action that goes from bright sun to full shadow.

This is shot done at noon from the webcam. Things will change with the season, but it's close. The cloth will take out the shadows from the scaffolding.

8956_archive_20160731120000_neCxcnDc.jpg

Advertisement
Back