Stacy Coley Observations

I am not down in South florida - so without attacking the original post, was stacy coley really an attitude problem in HS, or was that bs or what happened to him to change his attitude.... I hope gray gets in just like everyone said coley had major academic issues?

His offer was never real until November. You can ask almost everyone and they will tell you he grew up a lot during his senior year.

Wow that's an interesting tidbit - good for Stacy if he improved his attitude, still thinking about that reverse against Pitt - hot ****....

Advertisement
I am not down in South florida - so without attacking the original post, was stacy coley really an attitude problem in HS, or was that bs or what happened to him to change his attitude.... I hope gray gets in just like everyone said coley had major academic issues?

His offer was never real until November. You can ask almost everyone and they will tell you he grew up a lot during his senior year.

72.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Props to Coley for his change in attitude and how he approaches the game. I was one of the doubters because of how disinterested he looked in his highlights. From my experience, players who don't give any effort against inferior talent usually have a hard time 'turning on the switch' against others of their skill set. From all reports, Coley has been a leader on the team and set the bat for others to follow. I will enjoy his final two years in coral gables.

Lane and Cunningham, call it a day. Plus AJL showing up with another year of experience...I'll take that class.

Oops.

This pretty much sums it all up........
Now Lane was the cancer last year and thank god we dodged that bullet. The Yearby threads are also pretty good back when he committed to FSU.

Whats funny is this **** was said in September and is showed now to be completely irrelevant and false but we have "experts" who swear they know how kids that are committed now as Juniors in college............. yeah

Advertisement
Lane and Cunningham, call it a day. Plus AJL showing up with another year of experience...I'll take that class.

Oops.

Now Lane was the cancer last year and thank god we dodged that bullet. The Yearby threads are also pretty good back when he committed to FSU.

Whats funny is this **** was said in September and is showed now to be completely irrelevant and false but we have "experts" who swear they know how kids that are committed now as Juniors in college............. yeah

???????????

Oops.

???????????

Im saying just reading that 1 quote can show how people can be sooooooooooo wrong about prospects but yet theres so much fighting over commits we have now. The kids we have now aren't seniors in HS yet but we're assuming what they'll be and I can even admit I wanted Jordan Cunningham that year and thank god I was wrong and we only Coley

???????????

Im saying just reading that 1 quote can show how people can be sooooooooooo wrong about prospects but yet theres so much fighting over commits we have now. The kids we have now aren't seniors in HS yet but we're assuming what they'll be and I can even admit I wanted Jordan Cunningham that year and thank god I was wrong and we only Coley

Fine and true, I personally thought it showed the mental gymnastics people do in order for things to fit their narrative. Coley was a primadonna albeit a mega talent, but when it looked like FSU was gonna get him, Lane was the savior. A year later Coley is the man, Lane is now a primma donna, and if you mention that Lane could end up like a previous primma donna like Coley, you are labeled a hater. Yearby was a scrub when committed to FSU to many on this board and those threads confirmed that, but when people would suggest anything negative about Yearby as prospect after he committed to Miami they were then clowned upon by those very same posters that clowned him when he was with FSU.

Everyone of us has been wrong about prospects, that is not the point. It's more about people not being able to talk about kids objectively and then doing complete 180s on kids just because of where they are committed. This is a great example of that.

Last edited:

???????????

Fine and true, I personally thought it showed the mental gymnastics people do in order for things to fit their narrative. Coley was a primadonna albeit a mega talent, but when it looked like FSU was gonna get him, Lane was the savior. A year later Coley is the man, Lane is now a primma donna, and if you mention that Lane could end up like a previous primma donna like Coley, you are labeled a hater. Yearby was a scrub when committed to FSU to many on this board and those threads confirmed that, but when people would suggest anything negative about Yearby as prospect after he committed to Miami they were then clowned upon by those very same posters that clowned him when he was with FSU.

Everyone of us has been wrong about prospects, that is not the point. It's more about people not being able to talk about kids objectively and then doing complete 180s on kids just because of where they are committed. This is a great example of that.

Hmm also very true

Advertisement

Dig deeper, there are some more threadz with Awesome coley talk, in camps, at games, bad attitudes not needed at miami, full critique of highlight film for not sprinting every play even though he scores, critique of attitude off 5 sec clips, DIG. DEEPER.

I read them awhile back, more lulz to be had

love how everyone just calls a 17 year old a headcase on the internet. if everyone on this team had his work ethic we would have gone undefeated last year.

Advertisement
Tito's original piece definitely had some personal venom in there but can't say I really blame him. Many people felt this way.

Pretty clear he turned the corner and the scene on signing day is one I will never forget, especially when he reaches the levels he is capable of.

Another Stacey Coley report, more of the same on both his performance and attitude.

Everyone who has seen him knows he is an INCREDIBLE talent. You can't deny that.
Everyone who has interacted with him also knows he is has issues with his attitude and character.

At this point, neither of those things are going to change. For the Canes, we need to decide if the character issues are worth the trouble to get his playmaking ability on our team.

I, for one, do not think that they are.

Amazing player. I'll pass.

**** Cam...........

Another Stacey Coley report, more of the same on both his performance and attitude.

Everyone who has seen him knows he is an INCREDIBLE talent. You can't deny that.
Everyone who has interacted with him also knows he is has issues with his attitude and character.

At this point, neither of those things are going to change. For the Canes, we need to decide if the character issues are worth the trouble to get his playmaking ability on our team.

I, for one, do not think that they are.

Amazing player. I'll pass.

79.gif

I got the chance to see Coley for the second time this year, except this time in pads. I can honestly say they looked like two different people. The first bad sign for Coley today was how when his entire team was ready and beginning to do their pre-game, he was still getting dressed. Also when his team ran a casual lap around the half field, he slow jogged the entire thing.

The worst by far was his performance, Coley went without a single catch in the first half, He was targeted numerous times but just couldn't get to the ball. One of his worst plays includes one where he had an opportunity to catch a ball that was thrown moderately high, but catchable. Instead of trying to catch it, Coley gave up on the play assuming there was a pass interference.

To be frank, he looked like he wasn't even trying, like he had something better to do. The Elite wide receiver had an opportunity to put his team back into the game when he had a catchable ball right in his hands for at least a forty yard gain and dropped it. No excuses directly in his hands.

Following the game, I asked Coley if he could give me an Interview and he said yes. but following his team's huddle Coley had a stern talking to his coach, his coach looked furious with him. Coley then ran off, I chased him down using my 4.4 speed but when he turned around he said "My coach isn't letting me do interviews." Personally, I was more upset about that then his performance but that's another thing.

The word before the summer was that Coley was a head case and had bad grades and I believes it because one of my sources had confirmed it. But as time grew on different reports came out and I began to change my thoughts on him. He definitely changed my mind at the dolphin 7-on-7. But his performance last night was everything that I was hoping it wouldn't be. I am now beginning to return to those thoughts I had prior to the summer.

Overall, I might be over exaggerating, he might of had one bad game and it was this one. But regardless of that the Character issues are a serious problem, a problem that I think Hurricane coaches would not stand for a minute.

Bro thank you for the write ups, but he is a 19yrs old WR. So what if he is immature. He will be gone in 2 yrs. Let's just enjoy the great talent that he is. Im sure Michael Irvin wasn't a saint either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back