Stacey Coley

-Blazed-

Thunderdome
I got this from another Miami board who got it from a gator board

Polo = is the gator board user

Just going to get straight to the point, this is straight from two of his assistant coaches mouth and confirms what I have been saying about his situation these past few months. THE ISSUE IS NOT GRADES WITH STACEY COLEY, I said months ago that Aubrey Hill went down and evaluated Coley this spring and told his assistant coach that if he gets his GPA to a 2.5 (which is required now) he has his scholarship to UF. Stacey Coley was offered by UF a few weeks after.

(Q&A with OC at Northeast High:)

Polo: Aye man, whats the issue with Stacey and UF, why didnt he commit yet?

OC: It's the offense that Florida has thats turning him away, they don't have a proven QB.

Polo: Everybody online is saying UF started to fail on Stacey because of his grades (OC cut me short)

OC: Bro its not his grades, the kid has good academics he has a 2.6 GPA and he scored a 20 on his ACT, which is more then enough, trust me it's not grades

Polo: So where is he looking now?

OC: He still loves UF, its just the offense has that he isn't happy with but im telling FSU might get him and UGA like him alot, watch out for Clemson too.

Polo: So you think if I get back in his ear about UF, he will reconsider?

OC: The man loves UF, so you never know but he just needs to see a better offense.

(Q&A with Assistant Coach:)

Polo: Bro Stacey trippen, what happened with him and UF?

AC: They don't have a QB, that boy saying FSU is where he going now!!!

Polo: What? And they have a QB? Manuel will be gone when he gets there, really Clint Trickett?

AC: Man I dont know what he see but I know UM hate that boy right now, they bashing him all over they website, saying UF don't want him because his grades, he got good grades bro he scored a 20 I think on his ACT. They're even saying he aint good enough for UM...Florida State love that boy man, he say he starting as a true freshmen up there!!!

Polo: He will start as a true freshmen at UF too, its not difference, I have to talk to him yall against UF anyways...

AC: LOL, you know im with DA U anyways so it don't matter to me, but he saying FSU.

Can someone translate bold part.

Advertisement
The bold says Miami fans are bashing on websites. I don't know where they get that from. I see post after post begging for that kid to sign here. The rumors about his grades and attitude have been a topic of discussion but no one ever said they didn't want him. If he got the grades we should be all over him. Seems like something is wrong since the staff doesn't seem to be going all out for him.

Who said he isn't good enough for Miami? LMAO Somebody has to be in his ear about Miami because I don't think any of that is true.

Last edited:
There has been a disconnect between him and the Miami staff for some time now

lol. AC is trippin. We're bashing him????? The AC must be getting fed that BS by some Gator fans or some ******* like that because moshated is right...we are literally begging for the kid to come to Miami. He's one of only two WRs i'd this year to go with AJL.

Advertisement
So the guy praises UF and FSU in respect to Coley but when it's gets to UM it's they don't want him, they dont think he's good enough to play there. I'm callin BS never seen anyone on any UM board say any of those things in respects to Coley. Sounds like a lil negative recruiting to me.

The connection needs to be re-established. I don't think many would argue if you put this kid on the roster right now, he'd be the most talented, explosive receiver we have.

Just my opinion, as he is one of my favorite recruits, in terms of talent and potential immediate impact.

gotta have faith in Al....Coley starts from day 1, kid will be a legend here. Duke and the boys will put the full court press on him and Thomas.

Advertisement
**** Coley

Bring in AJL from prep and Cunningham call it a day.

Let him go to 4 loss forever FSU or who gives a full UGA

Advertisement

Can you be a little more specific? PM?

I've posted a couple times that the staff isn't crazy about him for whatever reason. I don't know if it's that they don't want to deal with any of the baggage, or if they feel comfortable with what they have.

In south florida, there's always a kid with comparable talent that comes out about every other year (case in point: Watkins in 2011 and Lane next year). We just need to land the ones without the baggage and we will be fine.

Can you be a little more specific? PM?

I've posted a couple times that the staff isn't crazy about him for whatever reason. I don't know if it's that they don't want to deal with any of the baggage, or if they feel comfortable with what they have.

In south florida, there's always a kid with comparable talent that comes out about every other year (case in point: Watkins in 2011 and Lane next year). We just need to land the ones without the baggage and we will be fine.

Very "valid" point

Advertisement
Maybe Coley isn't as good as people think? Not sure where the Sammy Watkins comparisons come from.

Part of me thinks it all comes from one video from last year where he burns Tracy Howard on one play at a camp.

Maybe we should trust the coaches to evaluate kids in their own backyard.

Our staff prob didn't want to stroke his ego too much. It will be telling IMO, how they recruit him down the stretch. It's still early.

Maybe Coley isn't as good as people think? Not sure where the Sammy Watkins comparisons come from.

Part of me thinks it all comes from one video from last year where he burns Tracy Howard on one play at a camp.

Maybe we should trust the coaches to evaluate kids in their own backyard.

From all indications, Coley is the most talented WR in the state for 2013. Based off of his highlights alone, I would have to agree with that.

Advertisement
Back