Stacey Coley

Maybe Coley isn't as good as people think? Not sure where the Sammy Watkins comparisons come from.

Part of me thinks it all comes from one video from last year where he burns Tracy Howard on one play at a camp.

Maybe we should trust the coaches to evaluate kids in their own backyard.

From all indications, Coley is the most talented WR in the state for 2013. Based off of his highlights alone, I would have to agree with that.

I'm going with in the country, kid can flat out ball.

Advertisement
Lol how do you know that? Have you been to his games?

I dont see the next superstar when i look at his highlights. He reminds me of Hurns a little bit if anything.

What am i missing?

Maybe Coley isn't as good as people think? Not sure where the Sammy Watkins comparisons come from.

Part of me thinks it all comes from one video from last year where he burns Tracy Howard on one play at a camp.

From all indications, Coley is the most talented WR in the state for 2013. Based off of his highlights alone, I would have to agree with that.

I dont see the next superstar when i look at his highlights. He reminds me of Hurns a little bit if anything.

What am i missing?

He's nothing like Hurns. Hurns is a possession guy and Coley is a big play, explosive receiver

What makes him different from Hurns? His height? His Randy Moss speed?

Not saying you're wrong, i just dont get where all the hype comes from.

What am i missing?

He's nothing like Hurns. Hurns is a possession guy and Coley is a big play, explosive receiver

Coley has more speed, quickness, explosiveness. He is filthy in and out of his breaks. Hurns can only do so much. He's a great possession guy, but that's about it.

Advertisement

What am i missing?

lol...I did go to 2 of Ne's games last year lol...saw them play creek and ely....Hurns?? open ur eyes.

Does Coley have more straight line speed than Hurns? If so, not by much.

Hurns is also quick and explosive, watch his hs tape, but Coley may be more so.

Hurns has proven he has good hands and can catch the ball in traffic.

So idk. Maybe Coley is a better version of Hurns, but they seem very similar to me.

Give me a guy with size enough to get off the line, and catch the ball over a cb's head. Give me a guy with the balls to go over the middle and the strength to win a battle for the ball in the back of the end zone or streaking down the sideline with a safety closing. Give me a guy who is a precise route runner, someone who runs his routes 100 percent whether he's getting the ball or whether he's a decoy... Whether it's in practice or gametime.

All of that is worth a **** of a lot more than a nice cut at a camp.

So idk. Maybe Coley is a better version of Hurns, but they seem very similar to me.

Give me a guy with size enough to get off the line, and catch the ball over a cb's head. Give me a guy with the balls to go over the middle and the strength to win a battle for the ball in the back of the end zone or streaking down the sideline with a safety closing. Give me a guy who is a precise route runner, someone who runs his routes 100 percent whether he's getting the ball or whether he's a decoy... Whether it's in practice or gametime.

I just don't see where your comparison is coming from. They really aren't similar at all. This is like trying to compare Mike Wallace to Davone Bess. Completely different players

Advertisement

Is that you dannyboy?

That's fair. I'm not saying he isn't the five star stud everyone is making him out to be. Im not familiar with Coley and I've never seen him in person. All I've seen is a 5 minute highlight tape and some camp footage, and of course there's all the hype.

Just trying to say that from what I've seen, there isnt anything that jumps off the tape that makes me believe all those camp skills translate to productivity in games.

I was hoping someone would say "well he caught 100 balls last season or something lol.

That said, i am VERY happy with Malcom Lewis and Travis Johnson, and i think Jones is underrated like crazy, so i like the way these coaches evaluate WR's/TE types.

Peter Adoriz;68 4705 said:

I just don't see where your comparison is coming from. They really aren't similar at all. This is like trying to compare Mike Wallace to Davone Bess. Completely different players

Advertisement
It's easy to say Hurns is just a possession guy when we had Travis Benjamin and Tommy Streeter last year. Hank looked like a possession guy too early on in his career but savvy route running and good footwork go a long way toward getting separation deep. I think Hurns and Rashawn Scott can be explosive players in our offense...someone will have to be. Even Phillip 4.3 Dorsett was a "possession guy" last year...it's all scheme and playcalling.

Advertisement
After looking at this video I wouldn't touch Coley with a TEN FOOT POLE
This kid isn't happy playing football

I'm born and raise in MIAMI
I say this is a good call on Al Golden part to NOT RECRUIT THIS KID>>>
TIME BOMB, selfish,spoiler , future lock room cancer

After looking at this video I wouldn't touch Coley with a TEN FOOT POLE
This kid isn't happy playing football

I'm born and raise in MIAMI
I say this is a good call on Al Golden part to NOT RECRUIT THIS KID>>>
TIME BOMB, selfish,spoiler , future lock room cancer

This is what I saw as well. Kid was constantly getting upset when the ball wasn't coming his way.

this was the strike 7 on 7 of 16 teams and Coleys Northeast team went 4-0....Coley was defensive MVP....competitiveness isnt always a bad thing.... http://twicsy.com/i/bBTzNb I was there and Coley dominated and put the o and d on his back,...Alex Collins played very well but Coley stole the show

Advertisement
Back