STA v. American Heritage thoughts

Regardless of position or level, Williams needs to play in the middle of the field. He can literally play sideline to sideline but his effectiveness is reduced when he plays on one side because the offense can run/pass away from him.

Advertisement
Mark fletcher is going to be a monster u leave him at rb I like the Henry comparison they are close I think henry has more speed but fletcher has better wiggle. I need that kid when time comes. He is the example of keep running the ball they're not gonna wanna tackle him come fourth quarter

Here's one guy I forgot to mention: Vinson Davis. He played QB for Heritage but is really a slot receiver. He was great at receiver last year, killed it on the camp circuit and busted some huge runs on Friday. He has massive sleeper potential as a little, quick playmaker:

Vins gave Aquinas problems all night. He is a football player. He is similar to Tutu Atwell.

Advertisement
He’s definitely raw but IMO his football IQ and physical skills should get him on the field early.

The key is whether the coaches have a role ready for him. He’s a unique player. Isaiah Simmons got stuck early with the Cardinals because they didn’t seem to have a plan.
If they don’t have a role they’re worse than I thought.

Advertisement
I don't think so. Alabama had a good pitch. Jason Taylor's endorsement has enormous credibility and they have a great role set up for him.

From what I understand, his family has money so I don't think this is a bag deal.
Doesn't look like Ingraham is sniffing the field at Bama.

D, I love your insights and knowledge of the game. But I think you’re setting the fanbase up for disappointment by saying James could have contributed on Friday night.

I taped the STA v AH game and watched it expressly to assess James’ college readiness. And he is RAW.

All the positives are there. I saw a kid with high level closing speed and good football IQ. But his tackling form is atrocious, And he didn’t have any technical skills at the line. Williams will be toast in the ACC until he corrects this. Maybe he’s ready by his RS freshman year. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s held back and not seeing meaningful game time until his RS sophomore year. I also don’t think he’s developed enough to project the position he ultimately lands at.

That’s not a knock on the kid’s upside. Rousseau didn’t get burn as a freshman, Harrison-Hunte either. They needed time to develop and so does Williams. JMHO.
Spot on

Advertisement
Who you like better Russell or Hallman?

Hallman has better feet, Russell is more physical. Neither has the tools we need at Miami IMO but they can both be good college DBs. Russell can also play safety.

Advertisement
I don't care if Hankerson is 4'9"...
I love that kid's game.
Hankerson is legit. Kid been making plays every single game he's played, and his best may have been his first exposure at DeLaSalle last year as a Soph. His short area quickness is ELITE and would be an insane weapon as a receiving back in the mold of Ekeler.

Advertisement
Back