St Thomas Aquinas vs Lakeland Update

Bowman over 200 yards on the night. Mainly behind Deyavie Hammond. Why didn’t we go after Hammond harder? He has neutralized Ingraham tonight.
??
Also Ingraham has had the privilege of being on excellent defenses that had far superior talent to the teams that faced for the most part. Ingraham is a good player but he is seeing what it is to go up against a good O-line.

Ingraham tonight he is up against a 345 pound O-lineman who posted nearly a 30 inch vertical jump in his Nike. Incredible explosion for a man that big.

Advertisement
TD STA makes it 33-20 after failed 2pt. STA’s Jordan Battle recovers onside kick, but is flagged for illegal touching. TV replay appears to show he was in bounds. Lakeland ball.

Advertisement
I watched the full game and I did not see one St Thomas player leap out at me except for Rosemy. Solomon is around the ball but nothing impactful... Bowman is a must get for me already has the running back techniques down much like duke Johnson in high school, he knows how carry the ball, get small wiggle looks like he has been playing the position his whole life.

Zipper will be good, great get for whoever gets him but st thomas d line had no push and could not stop the run. That`s usually one of their bright spots is the d line in the last couple of years.

Advertisement
From what i saw they were exposed up front...And thats with having supposedly 2-3 high caliber dt's and div 1 guys on the edges. That was sad to watch actually.

Lakeland was sitting at like 6 + yds a pop.

On offense they got beat alot up front as well and their qb isnt a scrambler. Guys dropping balls all over the field..that was honstly a poor showing they looked unprepared.

Lakeland wins 33-20. STA mistakes in the red zone too much to overcome. Demarkus Bowman 211 yards and a TD, Thomas Brown needs to rent a condo and spend some quality time in Lakeland next year so we can land this kid. He looks special. Zipperer had along TD called back then appeared to tweak his ankle and had a quiet night on offense, he did make a play from the DE spot. Summerall has a quiet night for Lakeland aside from one sack, he is long but skinny, definitely needs a college weight room. STA’s LBs, UM commits Solomon and Huff, find their way to the ball with ease, but their DLine was over matched. UM commit DT Jason Munoz made a few nice plays but was otherwise controlled by the Lakeland OLine. 2020 WR and UM recruit Marcus Rosemy had a great game for STA, he will be a star at the next level. Whoever ends up with Xavier Restrepo is getting a really good player, he made a few tough catches in big situations for STA tonight. Lakeland OL Deyavie Hammond really impressed me tonight. I haven’t heard his name in a while, and don’t know the reason UM hasn’t been recruiting him.

Last edited:
Lakeland wins 33-20. STA mistakes in the red zone too much to overcome. Demarkus Bowman 211 yards and a TD, Thomas Brown needs to rent a condo and spend some quality time in Lakeland next year so we can land this kid. He looks special. Zipperer had along TD called back then appeared to tweak his ankle and had a quiet night on offense, he did make a play from the DE spot. Summerall has a quiet night for Lakeland aside from one sack, he is long but skinny, definitely needs a college weight room. STA’s LBs, UM commits Solomon and Huff, find their way to the ball with ease, but their DLine was over matched. UM commit DT Jason Munoz made a few nice plays but was otherwise controlled by the Lakeland OLine. 2020 WR and UM commit Marcus Rosemy had a great game for STA, he will be a star at the next level. Whoever ends up with Xavier Restrepo is getting a really good player, he made a few tough catches in big situations for STA tonight. Lakeland OL Deyavie Hammond really impressed me tonight. I haven’t heard his name in a while, and don’t know the reason UM hasn’t been recruiting him.
You know something I don't?

Advertisement
A couple former NFL guys coaching the Aquinas D, and had no answer on stopping the run.

Advertisement
Hammond didnt look good in camp settings this off season.

I think we put too much emphasis on that to be honest. I was arguing with someone on here a while back about Trevor Lawrence and Justyn Ross. They were calling the kids overrated because they supposedly struggled at some camps. I said Lawrence would be 3 and out and Ross would be a baller. They are both off to **** good starts.

I think we put too much emphasis on that to be honest. I was arguing with someone on here a while back about Trevor Lawrence and Justyn Ross. They were calling the kids overrated because they supposedly struggled at some camps. I said Lawrence would be 3 and out and Ross would be a baller. They are both off to **** good starts.
I think the camp settings especially when your coaches work them out matters because obviously the position coaches need to be comfortable with what they see live. Now everybody has an off day just like STA had last night so that can happen but when coaches see you up close at a camp it'll always be a big part of what they think of you

I think the camp settings especially when your coaches work them out matters because obviously the position coaches need to be comfortable with what they see live. Now everybody has an off day just like STA had last night so that can happen but when coaches see you up close at a camp it'll always be a big part of what they think of you

I get that but I'm just a big believer in pads. Sure competition comes into play but if you're a player on Friday night give me that over the guy that performs in a camp setting.

Advertisement
Back