St. Thomas Aquinas game

blades could use the reps somewhere else, and some other team could use his talents more for sure, surprised he stuck it out at STA, says something about his character

Advertisement
blades could use the reps somewhere else, and some other team could use his talents more for sure, surprised he stuck it out at STA, says something about his character

Blades is a great kid and a very good athlete but he doesn't start because STA is loaded in the secondary and he's not better than Samuel or Davis at corner and he's not better than Battle at free safety.

The people who said that he was better than Asante Samuel are obviously massive homers or don't know anything about defensive backs. It reminds me of the clowns who claimed that Keion Payne was better than Cody Riggs when they were coming out of STA. Why? Because they didn't want to admit that Florida was getting the better player than us. Payne was in witness protection about 5 mnutes after he arrived in Coral Gables and Cody Riggs is in the NFL.

Same issue here.

A bunch of insecure homers don't want to admit that FSU got the better player.

Blades is a great kid and a very good athlete but he doesn't start because STA is loaded in the secondary and he's not better than Samuel or Davis at corner and he's not better than Battle at free safety.

The people who said that he was better than Asante Samuel are obviously massive homers or don't know anything about defensive backs. It reminds me of the clowns who claimed that Keion Payne was better than Cody Riggs when they were coming out of STA. Why? Because they didn't want to admit that Florida was getting the better player than us. Payne was in witness protection about 5 mnutes after he arrived in Coral Gables and Cody Riggs is in the NFL.

Same issue here.

A bunch of insecure homers don't want to admit that FSU got the better player.

We never really recruited Asante Samuel jr in the first place.
And I'm entirely confident Al Blades jr will be a better college/nfl football player than Asante Samuel jr will be.

Blades struggled last year as well. He is so obviously physically capable, just raw. I thought Blades honed his skills over the summer, his camp and practice highlights looked like he had taken that step. But if he's not starting on a HS team, he's going to need time -- along with better coaching under Rumph and Diaz -- to adjust to Power 5 football.

Yearby started over Cook

Amen!

Advertisement
And I'm entirely confident Al Blades jr will be a better college/nfl football player than Asante Samuel jr will be.

I'm glad that some anonymous message board poster is confident about something that their coaches are not confident about.

Because you obviously know a lot more than they do.

Blades struggled last year as well. He is so obviously physically capable, just raw. I thought Blades honed his skills over the summer, his camp and practice highlights looked like he had taken that step. But if he's not starting on a HS team, he's going to need time -- along with better coaching under Rumph and Diaz -- to adjust to Power 5 football.

Yearby started over Cook

Amen!

The guy who lives his life based on one offs and outliers.

Nothing homerific about that.

Nope.

Don't worry, blades will be the better db in college as soon as rumph gets to coaching him. I believe rumph is an awesome coach

So?

Is not being recruited by Miami some kind of sign? Last time I checked FSU has won 7 in a row against us. They recruited Samuel.

I'm not surprised that Samuel is somewhat better at this stage since his dad is a NFL CB and he is better coached. I would still choose Blades because of the natural physical tools he has over Samuels. Payne was not physically gifted so it's a different conversation. Under the old DB coach I would have concern but not under our current DB coach. I do like Samuels and his dad is a good dude but if I was choosing one it would be Blades.

Advertisement
No science in recruiting or even drafting football players. Guys with such concrete opinions on who will be better between Samuel and Blades in college are buffoonish. You guys have no clue who will be better, so quit acting like you've discovered some formula in your mom's basement/football lab.

No science in recruiting or even drafting football players. Guys with such concrete opinions on who will be better between Samuel and Blades in college are buffoonish. You guys have no clue who will be better, so quit acting like you've discovered some formula in your mom's basement/football lab.

Exactly,all it is is just hoping and guessing.What we know for sure today is that when the game is on the line the ST Thomas coaching staff has Davis and Samuel out there on the field and Blades is on the sideline watching.

I'm glad that some anonymous message board poster is confident about something that their coaches are not confident about.

Because you obviously know a lot more than they do.
**** boy you sound triggered af. Lol. Why u so butthurt that miami got the better player? You an fsu fan? Obviously you know Samuels garbage cause you're sounding defensive af. Lulz

So?

Is not being recruited by Miami some kind of sign? Last time I checked FSU has won 7 in a row against us. They recruited Samuel.

I'm not surprised that Samuel is somewhat better at this stage since his dad is a NFL CB and he is better coached. I would still choose Blades because of the natural physical tools he has over Samuels. Payne was not physically gifted so it's a different conversation. Under the old DB coach I would have concern but not under our current DB coach. I do like Samuels and his dad is a good dude but if I was choosing one it would be Blades.

Al Blades has been coached by some of the best db coaches in south florida. **** he is currently being coached by SAM MADISON. Samuels currently has a better field for the game and is more confident inhis abilities than Blades. Blades has high upside though, he appears coachable, he is a BLADES. But Samuels is a blanket man....dude is eerily similar to dad.

Advertisement
I love al but the biggest mistake we've made other then ****kowski is not taking Asante Samuel in this class he's his daddy's son man and that's saying a lot

I love al but the biggest mistake we've made other then ****kowski is not taking Asante Samuel in this class he's his daddy's son man and that's saying a lot

Lol not even close. Samuels tiny. Mike Harley tiny. You can get away with that in hs. But a bcs level cb is gonna get worked at 5'8 158lbs. And no, he is not 5'9 and a half or 166 pounds.

How big was corn and his did is 5*10 and Mike Harley's blowing past guys still how tall is Jeff if you can play you can play

Lol not even close. Samuels tiny. Mike Harley tiny. You can get away with that in hs. But a bcs level cb is gonna get worked at 5'8 158lbs. And no, he is not 5'9 and a half or 166 pounds.

Advertisement

Yearby started over Cook

Amen!

The guy who lives his life based on one offs and outliers.

Nothing homerific about that.

Nope.

You're passionate about this huh

So?

Al Blades has been coached by some of the best db coaches in south florida. **** he is currently being coached by SAM MADISON. Samuels currently has a better field for the game and is more confident inhis abilities than Blades. Blades has high upside though, he appears coachable, he is a BLADES. But Samuels is a blanket man....dude is eerily similar to dad.

Samuel

I don't get this, are you really this misinformed?

We recruited and definitely wanted Samuel. Everything that's been reported basically said he was a heavy FSU lean since his Soph year. We made a run and he chose FSU, oh well.

And holy hyperbole at that being some huge mistake. There's a very good chance our DB class is Campbell, Jobe, Hall, Frierson, Blades, and Ivey. That's potentially the best DB class at Miami, ever. I think we'll be fine, even though Samuel is a baller.

Your clearly misinformed and it's ok you misinterpreted my statement. we didn't want the kid until almost his last two to three months before he committed Pete himself stated that junior day was around the time we started showing more love. and any time we miss out on a game changer a south Florida playmaker who is like glue on whoever he covers.yes it is a mistake you have your opinion and I have mine but if we take Nigel bethel and they get him it's a huge miss no way around it sorry

I don't get this, are you really this misinformed?

We recruited and definitely wanted Samuel. Everything that's been reported basically said he was a heavy FSU lean since his Soph year. We made a run and he chose FSU, oh well.

And holy hyperbole at that being some huge mistake. There's a very good chance our DB class is Campbell, Jobe, Hall, Frierson, Blades, and Ivey. That's potentially the best DB class at Miami, ever. I think we'll be fine, even though Samuel is a baller.

Advertisement
Back