Spring Transfer Portal

Miami is in a different situation and building inside out. I understand that isn’t something the CIS experts (not a shot at you) want to hear because they think Rome can be built over night. Let’s see where Miami and USC are in 2 years.
You know I respect the **** out of you and what you bring to this board, but this is an ancient and Dabo-esque way of thinking.

For me, you add talent when you can and where you can. I know he’s worried about bringing in his guys, but the roster needs to be improved as quickly as possible. Sizable improvement for this year in particular would help with that so much.

If we win 9 games somehow, we’re finishing with a top 5 class. No doubt about it. But Winning in general…and with our depth issues, a lot of these guys are rentals that won’t impede growth.

Advertisement
Fresh Darrell Jackson update from FSU 247 site ….

“Another slow day. I’m told that Darrell Jackson is indeed contemplating whether he’d want to be at FSU if Josh Farmer does leave. He’s apparently slowed down contact with current FSU teammates since yesterday.

Some of this is coming from not wanting to play here if Farmer isn’t at FSU. Some of it sounds like it’s a source of anxiety re: the eligibility waiver, which he’s still awaiting word on.

The thought from one source close to Jackson is that he’d consider a return to Miami. I have no idea what that would mean for eligibility in 2023 for him, waiver status, etc. Can’t imagine that it’d be favorable for his chances of playing if he were to transfer again, but it’s at least something that he’s weighing from what I understand.

My thoughts: Jackson does seem confused and I believe he has a good deal of people in his ear trying to convince him to go different directions. I think it’ll be simply resolved if Farmer stays and Jackson can remember why he came to FSU to begin with (to be closer to home, closer to a sick parent, and to have a direct support system around him that includes Farmer). We’ll see, I don’t have much of an appetite for predicting what’ll happen with all the twists and turns we’ve seen so far.

On a related note: I’m told that FSU still feels optimistic that it can retain Farmer. That was the word that Zach had last night/early this morning, and it remains the case as we head into the afternoon on Wednesday.”
If we are gonna **** on the kid that chose ECU for a chick I think this is even worse 😂

You know I respect the **** out of you and what you bring to this board, but this is an ancient and Dabo-esque way of thinking.

For me, you add talent when you can and where you can. I know he’s worried about bringing in his guys, but the roster needs to be improved as quickly as possible. Sizable improvement for this year in particular would help with that so much. Winning in general…and with our depth issues, a lot of these guys are rentals that won’t impede growth.
Especially with the narrative/perception that is out there about Mario and offense, he doesn’t really have the luxury of another 6 win season and poor offense. That happens and offensive recruiting—even for Mario—is going to become a major problem.

Miami is in a different situation and building inside out. I understand that isn’t something the CIS experts (not a shot at you) want to hear because they think Rome can be built over night. Let’s see where Miami and USC are in 2 years.
I mean, it really should be a shot at him though. Snowflake is clueless.

Advertisement

For me, you add talent when you can and where you can. I know he’s worried about bringing in his guys, but the roster needs to be improved as quickly as possible. Sizable improvement for this year in particular would help with that so much.

If we win 9 games somehow, we’re finishing with a top 5 class. No doubt about it. But Winning in general…and with our depth issues, a lot of these guys are rentals that won’t impede growth.
I will add to this point.. ALOT of high value high school recruits, blue chippers are waiting to see if Miami can "win now". If we strut with a 6-6/7-5 season while USC is handling out United Airline NIL deals and Coachella sponsorships, and winning 10 + games and in the College Football playoff, where do you think those kids will go?

Add talent. Mario said we would be aggresive in the portal. Being agressive is not just adding bodies. It's adding difference makers. Focus on the portal, birng in studs get to the 9-10
win mark and reap the benefits of the 24 class.

Feeling is mutual but it isn’t ancient thinking. Every current elite program was not built through the portal. The foundation is through high school. Portal should be used to plug in holes.

I think USC recognizes they have a great shot at the playoffs and are going all in with that weak conference/schedule. Miami isn’t there and isn’t over spending like other programs. Let’s see how that changes once we are winning 10 games more consistently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will add to this point.. ALOT of high value high school recruits, blue chippers are waiting to see if Miami can "win now". If we strut with a 6-6/7-5 season while USC is handling out United Airline NIL deals and Coachella sponsorships, and winning 10 + games and in the College Football playoff, where do you think those kids will go?

Add talent. Mario said we would be aggresive in the portal. Being agressive is not just adding bodies. It's adding difference makers. Focus on the portal, birng in studs get to the 9-10
win mark and reap the benefits of the 24 class.
Been having this discussion a lot lately with people assuming we can just buy a roster

I’m all for being aggressive and making moves with NIL but you can’t set yourself up to look like clowns

People getting emotional talking about “pay whatever it takes” that’s the type of thing you say on a message board and it’s why people aren’t making the actual decisions

We are more in the game now than we were before Mario got here but this isn’t as simple as people acting like we have a blank checkbook

Feeling is mutual but it isn’t ancient thinking. Every current elite program was not built through the portal. The foundation is through high school. Portal should be used to plug in holes.

I think USC recognizes they have a great shot at the playoffs and are going all in with that weak conference/schedule. Miami isn’t there and isn’t over spending like other programs. Let’s see how that changes once we are winning 10 games more consistently
I agree portal should be used to plug holes, but we have a lot of holes, especially ones that we can plug in for a year or two a still let the HS talent take over for. And we have done that some, “Cisco, Parrish, Lee” but still need more “a CB2, WR, DT”. Definitely been a bit disappointing so far in spring portal. Also it’s not like USC isn’t also recruiting well, doing both are possible

Advertisement
Fresh Darrell Jackson update from FSU 247 site ….

“Another slow day. I’m told that Darrell Jackson is indeed contemplating whether he’d want to be at FSU if Josh Farmer does leave. He’s apparently slowed down contact with current FSU teammates since yesterday.

Some of this is coming from not wanting to play here if Farmer isn’t at FSU. Some of it sounds like it’s a source of anxiety re: the eligibility waiver, which he’s still awaiting word on.

The thought from one source close to Jackson is that he’d consider a return to Miami. I have no idea what that would mean for eligibility in 2023 for him, waiver status, etc. Can’t imagine that it’d be favorable for his chances of playing if he were to transfer again, but it’s at least something that he’s weighing from what I understand.

My thoughts: Jackson does seem confused and I believe he has a good deal of people in his ear trying to convince him to go different directions. I think it’ll be simply resolved if Farmer stays and Jackson can remember why he came to FSU to begin with (to be closer to home, closer to a sick parent, and to have a direct support system around him that includes Farmer). We’ll see, I don’t have much of an appetite for predicting what’ll happen with all the twists and turns we’ve seen so far.

On a related note: I’m told that FSU still feels optimistic that it can retain Farmer. That was the word that Zach had last night/early this morning, and it remains the case as we head into the afternoon on Wednesday.”

At this point, Mr. Ruiz should offer Farmer a million dollars, just to **** WITH Prison Mike Norvell...

I agree portal should be used to plug holes, but we have a lot of holes, especially ones that we can plug in for a year or two a still let the HS talent take over for. And we have done that some, “Cisco, Parrish, Lee” but still need more “a CB2, WR, DT”. Definitely been a bit disappointing so far in spring portal. Also it’s not like USC isn’t also recruiting well, doing both are possible
Mario used the portal last year and is using it this year. Let’s wait and see how that translates on the field before coming into conclusions.

Don’t forget, lots of schools are overpaying for these players and promising starting jobs. Doesn’t mean they are getting a bang for their buck. Miami isn’t going to do that.

If we are gonna **** on the kid that chose ECU for a chick I think this is even worse 😂

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Advertisement
Back